Changes that could be in gtaV

Icedog2999

First I feel like they need to get rid or tone down that wacky stuff and that sarcasm. just at least tone it down because the game is kind of immature because of it.

They definitely need to get rid of that hero crap because it doesn't make scene in a crime game its just a contradiction.

They need to get rid of that gta4 way of thinking trying to make their game "realistic", when gta4's not even real

Example:If you have a wanted level in gta4 you can't buy food to get your health back up because they get scared and won't sell it to you. Now thats obviously stupid if he really needed food for his health he would take it, Its not realist you can't pay them or rob them.

My second Example: is overly realistic like when you want to play a race and its a mission in your cellphone. they got it so that you can only do one mission a day. So you will have to wait a half hour before you can play another one. So the GAME is basically telling you that it doesn't have time for you. I hope you see how ridicoulous that is. I couldn't believe that someone was trying to say that GTA4 had the best vigilante mission. San Andreas had infinite levels that got harder and harder, and gta4 just one and your done , a copied and pasted feature for ever mission that is in that game.

Lastly Metal Gear Solid is your perfect example of how to make a realistic game even though it has sci fi in it. Metal Gear is more realistic than gta4 and you would see that if you played mgs3. The key is that they kept it fun and practical, and thats my point the one thing saint row got right is that they focused on making every thing in their game fun and practical where as gta4 made theirs impractical and not fun.

Your arguments are irrevelant, and frankly, I do not feel like providing supporting evidence to back myself up. If you want to be able to fly pink tanks and survive basically anything, SR is your game. Seriously, why are you here?

Your arguments are irrevelant, and frankly, I do not feel like providing supporting evidence to back myself up.

Oh my god, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Did you even read the OPs post?

OP, I agree. They need to at least tone down the pedestrian wacky phrases if they want a serious story. You can't hear what people are saying inside their cars in real life.

It just killed the drama in gta4, immediately after finding darko, I hear a hobo shout "CHEESY VAGINAS!"

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Harwood Butch3r

I couldn't believe that someone was trying to say that GTA4 had the best vigilante mission. San Andreas had infinite levels that got harder and harder, and gta4 just one and your done , a copied and pasted feature for ever mission that is in that game.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's when people lie just for the hell of it. Vigilante missions in GTA IV get harder and harder like they do in SA and they're endless aswell. confused.gif

Zee: Sorry, but that's just so trivial it's not even worth noting. At no point in GTA IV was the "drama" ruined by some hobo saying "Cheesy Vaginas".

I thought R* hit a good balance in GTA IV with a more serious undertone and dark humour to go a long with it. GTA wouldn't be GTA without its trademark humour.

Edited by Miamivicecity

I definitely didn't lie, you can correct me if im wrong but Im pretty sure it doesn't get harder and harder. Its completely random, Ive gone and played sever games of vigilante. one mission you'll be shooting up to twenty enemies and the very next mission I play is to kill one f*cking drug dealer and your done, and sometime it saids theres no crime happening at all so you don't get anything. In san andreas however after every round your enemies would multiply forever until you stop.

Its also definitely not "endless" like I was saying, in gta4 you do one mission and then its over, and it lets you do it again. The Pimping misions in san andreas also were not "endless" because at some point the levels stop, but you have the option to play it again whenever you want. San Andreas vigilante is endless, as in it has endless rounds, Ive must of played up to round sixty at one point.

As for the gtas humour I personally never really it, and I know that some people do. Its the characters, the Romans the brucies, and OG Loc, I hate those over the top wacky characters. The worst is in the tv and radio stations filled with the same type of sarcastic jokes. I would to lesten to serous news rather than wezel news they should atleast have an option like variety of different some wacky and stupid while others not so much.

Sneakerhead.
Your arguments are irrevelant, and frankly, I do not feel like providing supporting evidence to back myself up.

Oh my god, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Did you even read the OPs post?

OP, I agree. They need to at least tone down the pedestrian wacky phrases if they want a serious story. You can't hear what people are saying inside their cars in real life.

It just killed the drama in gta4, immediately after finding darko, I hear a hobo shout "CHEESY VAGINAS!"

Yeah well, that's just, like, your, opinion, man.

@Icedog2999, I can understand OG Loc being wacky, but Roman? notify.gif

I think gta needs to be more LIKE San Andreas, wherein it was whacky, but at least it fit well with the story. Oh and telling someone to play SR3? Your encouraging them to play the cheap knock-off of gta and give them the money that R* rightfully earned.

interpolfan11

Satire of American culture and dark humor in general are both trademarks of the GTA series and will most certainly never go away.

Your arguments are irrevelant, and frankly, I do not feel like providing supporting evidence to back myself up. If you want to be able to fly pink tanks and survive basically anything, SR is your game. Seriously, why are you here?

this

100% agree with everything you said

Ps: saints row sucks cool.gif

GTAVIViceCity
First I feel like they need to get rid or tone down that wacky stuff and that sarcasm. just at least tone it down because the game is kind of immature because of it.

I stopped reading right there because the immaturity is what makes Grand theft auto possible. The game is based on a parody of the real world if they start making it realistic people wouldn't find it interesting and amusing.

Just think about it; all those crappy immature commercials and tv wouldn't be funny if it were realistic. It goes for the advertisements you see on the streets, billboards and store titles I could go on all day. Immaturity is what makes Grand Theft Auto.

That's the thing tough. Nothing was funny in GTA4. Integrity 2.0 sucked compared to VCPR or Chatterbox. And yes, what the LEDs say does affect the gameplay. It completely ruins the drama they're trying to achieve when Niko explains the horrors of war in his country when suddenly you hear a ped yell SHOW ME YOUR TITS as you drive by a JIZZ Cola billboard. Completely destroys the serious tone GTAIV attempts and fails to convey. It's just a jumbled mush-mash of a game that can't make up its mind if it wants to be goofy or serious, and it just comes off poorly. Hopefully this is fixed in V.

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Deji is a coward.

Harwood Butch3r

I definitely didn't lie, you can correct me if im wrong but Im pretty sure it doesn't get harder and harder. Its completely random, Ive gone and played sever games of vigilante. one mission you'll be shooting up to twenty enemies and the very next mission I play is to kill one f*cking drug dealer and your done, and sometime it saids theres no crime happening at all so you don't get anything. In san andreas however after every round your enemies would multiply forever until you stop.

Its also definitely not "endless" like I was saying, in gta4 you do one mission and then its over, and it lets you do it again. The Pimping misions in san andreas also were not "endless" because at some point the levels stop, but you have the option to play it again whenever you want. San Andreas vigilante is endless, as in it has endless rounds, Ive must of played up to round sixty at one point.

As for the gtas humour I personally never really it, and I know that some people do. Its the characters, the Romans the brucies, and OG Loc, I hate those over the top wacky characters. The worst is in the tv and radio stations filled with the same type of sarcastic jokes. I would to lesten to serous news rather than wezel news they should atleast have an option like variety of different some wacky and stupid while others not so much.

That's because unlike the GTA III era you can choose from 3 different scenarios. I got up to level 30 and the enemies carry more powerful weapons and are generally much harder. Like the drug/gang wars in EFLC.

Zee: No it's not. I know you love to bitch about every nook and cranny in GTA IV, but one thing it's not is a jumbled mush mash. It blended humour and a serious tone perfectly. We obviously have different senses of humour, but there were times I laughed more than the GTA III era infact.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Like people here have said, it's suposed to be a Parody of American culture, and I think they've done quite well with that in every single game, includeing GTAIV.

Personaly that's one of the things I love about GTA, you get a serious crime story, thrown in with allot of humor to boot, that parody's real world products and people.

GTAVIViceCity

Have you not watched the trailer?

Immaturity is in the game. STD Contractor, Speedophile Jetski and the Bugstars van has the signs "Putting the FU in fumigate" and on the back "BUG-R-US".

Look I know they are trying to push to a more serious storyline but its been that way since GTA3 and it has not failed ever since. Not everyone can find their humor funny and I get that but a lot of people don't mind it.

The relentless juvenile humor creates a sense of chaos and there's no problem playing a serious story against that. In GTA IV Niko seems variously amused, disgusted, worn out, and almost driven insane by it. The GTA world is not meant to be realistic. It's designed to make Americans feel about the GTA world the way foreigners feel about American culture, by exaggerating the things foreigners notice.

.JimmyHopkins.

Useless topic,unimportant opinions...Rockstar can do whatever they want,if you don't like it,then don't buy their games and don't play them.

Lock.

Harwood Butch3r
Useless topic,unimportant opinions...Rockstar can do whatever they want,if you don't like it,then don't buy their games and don't play them.

Lock.

Remind me again who's the moderator between myself and you? I say the topic is fine. confused.gif

The relentless juvenile humor creates a sense of chaos and there's no problem playing a serious story against that. In GTA IV Niko seems variously amused, disgusted, worn out, and almost driven insane by it. The GTA world is not meant to be realistic. It's designed to make Americans feel about the GTA world the way foreigners feel about American culture, by exaggerating the things foreigners notice.

What this guy said. It sounds like the OP has a hard time comprehending dark or more subtle humor and is frustrated by R*'s use of it. That's just their style and most people enjoy it, I don't know how you've been playing previous games if you despise that style of humor. I'm not sure what your vision for the game is, but it sounds bleak and boring.

I like for GTA to have a sense of humor. Life in general is a mash up of humor and serious so why should the game not reflect this? Also walk around certain parts of NY and people really say stuff like this.

Which is why I love it. The sense of humor that GTA is famous for exgerating everything and makeing it into puns, and it worked well with a serious storyline, like the one we say in IV for the reasons you said, and more.

Icedog2999
It sounds like the OP has a hard time comprehending dark or more subtle humor and is frustrated by R*'s use of it. That's just their style and most people enjoy it, I don't know how you've been playing previous games if you despise that style of humor. I'm not sure what your vision for the game is, but it sounds bleak and boring.

Theres nothing subtle or hard to understand about gta's humor. I don't need the character to be a gay steroid junkie doing handstand, screaming that hes genetically different for him to be an interesting character. Tv and radio station in gta are pure sarcasm or "sardonic" humor. My vision for the would be something like what they did with Red Dead Redemption, rdr is a perfect example of serous story with interesting characters but non of the 'tryhard' characters which are just loud and annoying.

It sounds like the OP has a hard time comprehending dark or more subtle humor and is frustrated by R*'s use of it. That's just their style and most people enjoy it, I don't know how you've been playing previous games if you despise that style of humor. I'm not sure what your vision for the game is, but it sounds bleak and boring.

Theres nothing subtle or hard to understand about gta's humor. I don't need the character to be a gay steroid junkie doing handstand, screaming that hes genetically different for him to be an interesting character. Tv and radio station in gta are pure sarcasm or "sardonic" humor. My vision for the would be something like what they did with Red Dead Redemption, rdr is a perfect example of serous story with interesting characters but non of the 'tryhard' characters which are just loud and annoying.

I agree completely. They need to tone it down a tiny bit, RDR was a good example of the pedestrians not having to constantly say stupid things like "Cheesy Vaginas!"

Deji is a coward.

They definitely need to get rid of that hero crap because it doesn't make scene in a crime game its just a contradiction.

They need to get rid of that gta4 way of thinking trying to make their game "realistic", when gta4's not even real

Example:If you have a wanted level in gta4 you can't buy food to get your health back up because they get scared and won't sell it to you. Now thats obviously stupid if he really needed food for his health he would take it, Its not realist you can't pay them or rob them.

My second Example: is overly realistic like when you want to play a race and its a mission in your cellphone. they got it so that you can only do one mission a day. So you will have to wait a half hour before you can play another one. So the GAME is basically telling you that it doesn't have time for you. I hope you see how ridicoulous that is. I couldn't believe that someone was trying to say that GTA4 had the best vigilante mission. San Andreas had infinite levels that got harder and harder, and gta4 just one and your done , a copied and pasted feature for ever mission that is in that game.

What an absolute load of sh*t.

Wasn't even worth reading. Every point is absolutely ridiculous/pointless.

It would be a disaster if any of the points you have made were actually incorporated in to the game.

You clearly have no idea.