Rude fans

lazloisdavrock

lazloisdavrock

I usually dont make threads but I keep seeing this sort of thing and wanted to chime in on it.

Rockstar cant release one bit of MP3 info on twitter, Facebook, or their official site, wherever without fans bitching and moaning

about GTAV. Do they really think begging them is really going to make it come faster? Rockstar recently posted a new screenshot

of MP3 on facebook and the comments section is just ridden with people threatening and whining about there being no GTAV news.

Hundreds of comments like that.

I don't know about you guys but im looking forward to MP3.

Maybe it was a mistake to release ANY info at all before MP3, maybe Rockstar is feeling that way. I'm happy they did, but the way the

fan base is acting, maybe they are thinking twice.

nikonatorbelick

well i can certainly see where they are comign from, almost 7 months without a single piece of new info is quite infuriating, but i think all the people bitching should appreciate the fact that the game was at least announced and that we got that amazing trailer, we know GTA V is gonna be good, besides after may we should be getting tons of info of the game, so chill people, the game will come sooner or later anyways dozingoff.gif

you know sh*t happens,

the fan base is like a big salad with good taste and other part with bad taste , the douchebags is the bad part, you have to get over it

I'm pretty sure Take-Two pushed on R* to announce GTA V to boost Max Payne 3. Now, TTWO is going to have to pay the price for it.

It was the same before the GTA V trailer. Rockstar has to deal with every kind of "Internet lunacy". It's no different than what JK Rowling or George Lucas or anybody else who inspires nerd rage must deal with, and I don't think they let it influence them.

huevos_benedicto_180

A lot of GTA fans are, in search of better words, immature f*ckwads. Spoils it for the rest of us.

thatstupidbug

it's better not to say anything and reveal a game a short time before the relase, or give some informations and leave the fans without news for months?

the best way, for me, it's in the middle... they don't need to say anithing real, but i will be happy with a little "fun fact" every week... sometimes fans don't need real infos, but imagine a weekly post on R* newswire where they said a short sentence like "the game will be X square miles big" or "every car has the double of textures that the old game"

they will not spoil anything about the actual game, but we'll have something to discuss during the loing wait.

But no, they talk only about MP3. market stategy, i know, but sometimes a bad market strategy cab bring an hype backlash, an immotivate hate from the fans...i hope not.

If you think they're offended over GTAV hype, you're greatly mistaken. Anything short of someone bombing their headquarter is acceptable. Hype sells, man.

lazloisdavrock
If you think they're offended over GTAV hype, you're greatly mistaken. Anything short of someone bombing their headquarter is acceptable. Hype sells, man.

not offended, but feeling sales wont be as good as all the focus is on GTAV. that is all

gta fans, generally speaking, are incredibly uneducated, hateful little brutes. because they never learned how to communicate properly, they annoy rockstar & others with spam and poor grammar until something is announced and they feel it is because of them.

SadisticOtters

I'm split. I feel the fan's frustration, but they need to remember that RockstarGames could've ignored GTA V altogether. I remember people saying, "Please, I just want to see one screenshot." or "A confirmation is all i need! Come on!". RockstarGames decided to give us a full trailer to appease the fans, they didn't have to do that. What would they gain from showing a GTA trailer in the middle of Max Payne season? They did it for you guys. So when you want some bullsh*t screenshot or "just a title confirmation" for GTA VI don't expect RockstarGames to listen this time.

.JimmyHopkins.

I think the topic maker is right...to add up my opinion is that most of those people just need to shut the f*ck up...R* does not owe us any info until they decide they want to release it,its not like we pay for it and they want our money or something...people need to be THANKFUL that they even got to see sooooo much from just one trailer...most people need to chill out and do something else damn it,the world is not going round GTA damn it!.........damn it!

gta fans, generally speaking, are incredibly uneducated, hateful little brutes. because they never learned how to communicate properly, they annoy rockstar & others with spam and poor grammar until something is announced and they feel it is because of them.

Not all. I'm a huge GTA fan and have been ever since 2001 with the original release of GTA III. But I'm not an immature and impatient guy. I got a ton of other games I'm looking forward to anyway. Like Sleeping Dogs, Halo 4, and Assassin's Creed III. I'm waiting for GTA V info too but I'm not friggin' suicidal/homicidal over it. People need to calm down and just be patient. Info will get here when it gets here.

Axed

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

keep calm and move your body man

after 15th may, there will be nonstop gta v news. smile.gif just 2 weeks for mp3 release smile.gif

EncryptedReality

after 15th may, there will be nonstop gta v news. smile.gif just 2 weeks for mp3 release smile.gif

No, after June 1st is more like it. As long as MP3 isn't released on all platforms planned, chances of seeing new GTA V infos are thinner then a piece of paper.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

No, after June 1st is more like it. As long as MP3 isn't released on all platforms planned, chances of seeing new GTA V infos are thinner then a piece of paper.

True story, but well, if you're gonna buy max 3 i'll see you online. after i complete max 3's story i'll look foward for GTA V

I don't blame the fans, Rockstar released a trailer half a year ago with a half baked press release, then absolutely nothing since then, of course people will be pissed off.

R* have made millions off the fans. They owe us info.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

ShotGunRain

We are fans too we need attention too like Max Payne 3 fans. I am tired of you people saying oh two sentence of information will kill Max Payne 3 or wait patiently we have f*cking waited 6 months patiently that's enough. It's their biggest franchise and they just ignore it. And to people saying Rockstar released trailer be happy someone forced to release it so Max Payne 3 gets little attention which is disgusting to me.

Rockstar really needs to take this time and understand that people only really want and care about GTA at large. Some of us like the other titles, some of us will play them, some of us will enjoy them, but their fans want GTA, and don't really care about anything else. Rockstar was wrong when they said they don't need a GTA every year. They are gaining a larger fanbase, but their real series is GTA.

There is no reason to tell your fans to stop telling you what they want - that is counter productive and bad for business. They are hopefully realizing that regardless of their other projects, GTA is the one people want to see and really care about, and other games are just that - other games.

That's how I feel about it. I see the comments as well and go "god, let some other games and fans of other genres get some rockstar love..." right along with you, for sure, but at the same time, I know that Rockstar is pretty stupid for putting 4 years between GTA's. When that's really the only game the majority of their fans even care about enough to play all the way through. My 2 cents.

AlQ6bG7.png

lazloisdavrock

idk, i think people are too used to those terrible call of duty games, where they get new info on a new game every other month

Rockstar really needs to take this time and understand that people only really want and care about GTA at large. Some of us like the other titles, some of us will play them, some of us will enjoy them, but their fans want GTA, and don't really care about anything else. Rockstar was wrong when they said they don't need a GTA every year. They are gaining a larger fanbase, but their real series is GTA.

There is no reason to tell your fans to stop telling you what they want - that is counter productive and bad for business. They are hopefully realizing that regardless of their other projects, GTA is the one people want to see and really care about, and other games are just that - other games.

That's how I feel about it. I see the comments as well and go "god, let some other games and fans of other genres get some rockstar love..." right along with you, for sure, but at the same time, I know that Rockstar is pretty stupid for putting 4 years between GTA's. When that's really the only game the majority of their fans even care about enough to play all the way through. My 2 cents.

You're right. What if McDonalds decided from now on they'd ere only selling fried chicken? People would be upset. It's the same thing here.

Edited by Zee

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

ShotGunRain

You're right. What if McDonalds decided from now on they'd ere only selling fried chicken? People would be upset. It's the same thing here.

It's like showing hungry dog a food and saying you will get it in few months what do you think the dog would do?

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Maybe it was a mistake to release ANY info at all before MP3

It was. It was also a mistake to delay MP3 for three fu­cking years, but that's in the past. Like someone else had said, it's been almost 6 months since the first trailer and not a word has been uttered since.

If they planned on doing this, they should have waited until Max Payne 3 was already released. Oh wait, dat marketing plan to use GTA:V's trailer to boost MP3's hype that everyone denies but is so glaringly obvious.

Either way, we're just going to have to wait. At least we're getting closer.

ShotGunRain
Maybe it was a mistake to release ANY info at all before MP3

It was. It was also a mistake to delay MP3 for three fu­cking years, but that's in the past. Like someone else had said, it's been almost 6 months since the first trailer and not a word has been uttered since.

If they planned on doing this, they should have waited until Max Payne 3 was already released. Oh wait, dat marketing plan to use GTA:V's trailer to boost MP3s hype that everyone denies but is so glaringly obvious.

Either way, we're just going to have to wait. At least we're getting closer.

At least they should tell us what month we will see some information about GTA V so the wait is little easier.

idk, i think people are too used to those terrible call of duty games, where they get new info on a new game every other month

Hey, no offense, but Call of Duty is the only modern-mechanics aim-down-sights competitive shooter on the market and it doesn't deserve the negative jargon! Look how many have tried to fill the gap that only CoD fills. CSS is old. All the clones are old. BF3 is not even a competitive shooter, it's a sandbox game, for example, yet its fans and even CoD fans fought all winter over which was better, as if they are comparable.

I'm not being rude to you, I'm just saying, it is an acquired taste - you know, skill based tactical shooters (especially cod where skilled players need to face off against noob tubers and other noobs like g18s and akimbo FMG9 - makes the game require MORE skill for the classy players who don't use noob stuff, by letting nooby players have OP stuff, we have to destroy them with more skill than if they were given a normal gun like us where they would be too easy to beat)

Call of Duty is the only game of its kind. Anything else is outdated and can't even aim down sights, and if it can, it's just not good and dies in a week as people go back to Call of Duty. I think people hate call of duty for 2 reasons and 2 reasons ONLY:

1: Hipsters

2: Bad at it/no skill in FPS.

No other reason to dislike Call of Duty, unless one simply hasn't played it. All the cods are weak besides MW2, and it receives the most hate (cod 4 WAS good, but you can only play mods or noob 1-shot camper hardcore mode these days). Doesn't make sense to me.

CoD is the king of FPS for a reason: Because it's the only one. Because all the other attempts fail miserably, or totally miss the point of competitive first person shooters and ignore multiplayer level design fundementals and make maps too big and put vehicles in etc, that's all bad for competitive gaming. Good for sandbox gaming, good for army-fun, whatever, but not good for competitive gaming, so that's why no one can compete, they are all doing it wrong, and cod is doing it right. For what it's worth =)

AlQ6bG7.png

huevos_benedicto_180

"Rockstar was wrong when they said they don't need a GTA every year"?

Isn't this from the person who complains about GTA IV being rushed? Surely you must see that having yearly releases makes the series repetitive after a few years, and that this would make the games rushed?

Edited by huevos_benedicto_180

ShotGunRain

R* Yon February 15 2012, 11:26am

@skatoloco3 We can only refer you to our answer above, we stated that you can "expect that we'll be talking much more about GTAV starting at some point in a few months’ time"

The few months time is coming to it's end. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Definition of FEW-Generally means three. No less than three can be slightly more. Three is the most common number associated with few.

Edited by ShotGunRain

Why does it say zee when you guys are quoting me?

I never complained about GTA IV. That game is still to this day the most advanced game you can purchase. Coming from a person who is heavily into game dev research and making an engine with friends now. Nothing else has come anywhere near as close to the amount of content, the level of technology for sim systems, and unreal engine didn't have comparable features until March 2011, and still couldn't do GTA IV without a complete rewrite wow.gif

edit: Oh, I see, he copy pasted my post instead of quoting it. weird.

Edited by brian.

AlQ6bG7.png

I usually dont make threads but I keep seeing this sort of thing and wanted to chime in on it.

Rockstar cant release one bit of MP3 info on twitter, Facebook, or their official site, wherever without fans bitching and moaning

about GTAV. Do they really think begging them is really going to make it come faster? Rockstar recently posted a new screenshot

of MP3 on facebook and the comments section is just ridden with people threatening and whining about there being no GTAV news.

Hundreds of comments like that.

I don't know about you guys but im looking forward to MP3.

Maybe it was a mistake to release ANY info at all before MP3, maybe Rockstar is feeling that way. I'm happy they did, but the way the

fan base is acting, maybe they are thinking twice.

I feel you bro, I'm also getting sick and tired about everyone moaning about lack of information. Surely people have got other things to do in their life, the way I see it is the information will come when it comes, for now I play other games and work night shifts.