DId R* ever release a gameplay trailer for GTA?

Versous

Like real/detailed gameplay trailers like Max Payne 3 and LA. noire. I only remember debut/story and some trailers that supposed to be funny using the ingame engine.

How big is the chance that they'll do it with GTA V ?

Edited by Versous

The__Phoenix
All the trailers were gameplay footages, minus the HUD and with another camera angle.

i agree, so a gameplay trailer is not neccesary even if it´s one week before the launch

All the trailers were gameplay footages, minus the HUD and with another camera angle.

Does this represent gameplay? Like when you play a racing game and then you watch the replay of your race, does this represent gameplay? Think about it...

NotNikoBellic

Sounds like a cinematic to me

There have never been any gameplay series trailers for any GTA before. But the gameplay series marketing approach hasn't been used by R* untill after IV was release so who knows.

I don't think we will get anything like that because all the games that had them really needed the exposure to bring the features to light. GTA isn't that kind of a game and we kind of already know what to expect.

The most info we ever got was from SA. They were ALOT of screenshots for that game before it released and they were all in game. They showed vehicles weapons locations and lots of other goodies. I wouldn't expect that for V but instead the same approach they took for IV

ShnePmW.jpg?5

MiamiVice1984

Nope. Becuse they know they dont have to becuse its GTA.

The San Andreas website has little gameplay videos.

Yea but SA had by far the most info/screenshots released before the release date

ShnePmW.jpg?5

It would be Good though, But I think all GTA fans Know how play GTA already

user posted image

Yea but SA had by far the most info/screenshots released before the release date

I don't see how that matters, it was just an answer to a question. Also, just remembered Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories had a series of game play videos as well in addition to its trailers.

The trailers they release are actual in-game footage but from a cinematic point of view. They're getting into the habit of releasing dev diaries with gameplay and commentary (e.g., Red Dead Redemption).

It's not about How to play, It's to showcase new features. And improved physics and so on... it would definately hype me!

It's not about How to play, It's to showcase new features. And improved physics and so on... it would definately hype me!

True icon14.gif I was just saying... But yea it would be SICK Btw. colgate.gif

user posted image

True icon14.gif I was just saying... But yea it would be SICK Btw. colgate.gif

But as Gege said, all trailers are from gameplay footage, so when you watch a trailer you're actually watching how the game will be (except for the fact that the first trailer was recorded from a gameplay in a beta stage, so maybe some things have changed since the first trailer).

Sounds like a cinematic to me

It's gameplay, the same way what people record with the video editor in the PC version of GTA IV is gameplay. The process of making most of the shots in a trailer is basically the same as what people do to make stunting videos. Rockstar just has access to more cheats to spawn anything they want.

Some shots in trailers are also from motion capture cutscenes of actors and others are from missions that may contain scripted vehicle paths, but after a game is released you can compare the trailers to the cutscenes and anything in the trailer that wasn't a cutscene in the game was probably recorded by someone moving or driving with a game controller just like a player would.