Can V go head on with any game released this year?

showtime416

showtime416

I know what the rumors say and stuff about V coming out fall/winter 2012, but their are also several blockbuster games being released around the same time, Halo 4, COD, Bioshock, just to name a few. I wanted to ask you guys if GTA were to be released the same day as one of those games (with the exception of Bioshock) would GTA be able to blow that game out of the water? Or would it get some competition?

I never really understood gamers' reactions when two good games release the same date. Battlefield 3 and MW3 for example, both came out around the same time period. From that point, 90% of the fans took the side of one game.

Why not, you know.... just buy both?? I sure did. I play them about the same amount. Are people really that poor that they can't save up for 2 PS3 games??

Capricornus
Are people really that poor that they can't save up for 2 PS3 games??

Well, not everyone is as fortunate as you. I mean, more important things can be done with $120+ dollars you know. I personally will buy 2 great games at the same time if they appeal to me (Bought Uncharted 3 and Arkham City at the same time), but like I said, everyone isn't f*cking rich or anything like that. I don't know how old you are but you should be able to realize that. Maybe your great wealth blinds you from common sense, who knows.

caprisig.jpg

I can really care less but it will do well enough. Personaly it's the only game out of those that intrest me, well GTAV and Halo 4, which I'll buy if I have 360 by then, but geting a PC has priority over that so yeah, odds are GTAV is the only game I'll be buying out of those.

I also agree why can't people just by one or more of said games if they're intrested, they're all pretty diffrent, and will appeal to diffrent crowds with some overlap here and there. (Well of course unless Funds are lacking then they are forced into geting one, which I understand seeing as I'm in that boat now)

superhobo666
I never really understood gamers' reactions when two good games release the same date. Battlefield 3 and MW3 for example, both came out around the same time period. From that point, 90% of the fans took the side of one game.

Why not, you know.... just buy both?? I sure did. I play them about the same amount. Are people really that poor that they can't save up for 2 PS3 games??

not everyone has rich millionaire parents who buy them everything they want, some of us have more important things to spend $120 on. like groceries, or rent, or other bills.

GTA is the biggest game franchise in history, nobody can deny that. so yes it can go against any game, infact it will crush the new call of sh*tty in sales. just wait and see

Well, not everyone is as fortunate as you. I mean, more important things can be done with $120+ dollars you know. I personally will buy 2 great games at the same time if they appeal to me (Bought Uncharted 3 and Arkham City at the same time), but like I said, everyone isn't f*cking rich or anything like that. I don't know how old you are but you should be able to realize that. Maybe your great wealth blinds you from common sense, who knows.

On the contrary, I am an averagely-wealthy teenager -- maybe a little less. The only times I recieve money are at Christmas, my Birthday, and when I occasionally work, so I would not really consider myself to be "blinded by my wealth". It's just that since gaming is my main hobby, I am willing to spend some cash. I am by no means rich, though.

I know what the rumors say and stuff about V coming out fall/winter 2012, but their are also several blockbuster games being released around the same time, Halo 4, COD, Bioshock, just to name a few. I wanted to ask you guys if GTA were to be released the same day as one of those games (with the exception of Bioshock) would GTA be able to blow that game out of the water? Or would it get some competition?

Their being who exactly? Watch your spelling!!

It won't be a problem because GTA will sell like hot-cakes no matter what game is ever, EVER offered up to sate our desire, GTA is the shizzle. Why must I tell you this? Think before posting

I pick sides cuz

1. I dont have money to be spending on games, There are alot more important things I need to be spending money on

2. Cod is essentially the same game year after year, there is just small changes that they made BF on the other hand was way more innovative with there content in IMO

3. COD and BF are in the same very crowded FPS market which makes it a harder choice for some when picking games, if there completely different games that come out the same time I usually make sure to pick one up on day one and the other as soon as possible

the better game does deserve the consumers money but unfortunately consumers these day are young and dumb which is why COD is so Dominant in terms of sales look at the people that play COD and that should explain y they kill sales every year

ye w/e   go bother someone else with your BS

nothing is happening on these forums anyways, with no info, the forums are basically dead and filled with garbage threads

Well, I'm tired of reading your garbage PMs.

BANHAMMER

Capricornus

teenager

That's explains everything. dozingoff.gif

caprisig.jpg

teenager

Really? That's pretty narrow-minded.

I didn't like battlefield 3 so i just bought MW3

Too bad you have to wait for mommie and daddy to cough up cash, I have to wait for a sale on Craigslist or eBay since I lost my job, don't cry to me, young man, I want to buy the game too

Here's my advice though, Join Game Fly, rent to own!

I didn't like battlefield 3 so i just bought MW3

Now this is a reasonable reason.

interpolfan11

Does anyone on this forum buy less than two games per year? If not, they are inadvertently proving that AAA titles sales aren't affected by other AAA titles.

Analysts completely overplay the impact of how games affect other games' sales. If people want a game, people will buy the game, regardless of income bracket.

Does anyone on this forum buy less than two games per year? If not, they are inadvertently proving that AAA titles sales aren't affected by other AAA titles.

Analysts completely overplay the impact of how games affect other games' sales. If people want a game, people will buy the game, regardless of income bracket.

Yeah pretty much take Skyrim, people thought CoD would have slowed it down since they released it the same week and it didn't do much, if any Damage to it what so ever.

If they [The game devlopers] devlop it, they [The Gamers] will come.

played SKYRIM got platinum trohpy...

I've got 7 Platinum

49 Gold

293 Silver

Over 1300 Bronze

I've literally bought 5 games last year

and 3 this year so far... GTA5 will be 4th, Resident Evil 6 will be 5th, Assassins Creed III will be 6th & Borderlands 2 will be 7th...

trade in the completed games, so new games don't cost as much...

Edited by DragonLAT

Triple Vacuum Seal

I for one can understand that everyone can't be rich but you don't have to be rich by any means to afford 2 $60 games if you just space them out or wait for the price to drop. In America, it's not uncommon at all to see video game systems with multiple games in the homes of the poorest of the poor and those on welfare. Have seen it a many times myself first hand when visiting some people's homes. So the average person here can definitely afford two games if they really wanted them.

OT: Setting aside my bias, GTAV can and will go head to head with ANY game released within 2 years and top the sales and reviews.

Will it? Most Definitely.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

People forget that no GTAs were released when CoD took gaming over. I think that's pretty important to realize when we talk about this IMO.(DLCs dont count)

Dude i havent bought a new video game since RDR. IV before that. I refuse to spend 60$ on these FPS rehash games, 60$ is a week of gas lol. When Halo4 comes out, different story. Too many overrated, overpriced, sh*t games. TBoGT has more features than MW3. This years a pain in the ass i have to get another job if gtaV is released with acIII, H4, and sleepin dogs....

Time has changed. Some suffer from the financial hard times because they simply are unlucky with which country they live in. It's not always fair.

I'm norwegian and live a luxury life at the beaches of Thailand. I can probably buy 150 copies of GTA V every month when it comes out but since they won't sell GTA V in Thailand, I can't. It's not always fair.

Psychotic Mind

I for one can understand that everyone can't be rich but you don't have to be rich by any means to afford 2 $60 games if you just space them out or wait for the price to drop. In America, it's not uncommon at all to see video game systems with multiple games in the homes of the poorest of the poor and those on welfare. Have seen it a many times myself first hand when visiting some people's homes. So the average person here can definitely afford two games if they really wanted them.

OT: Setting aside my bias, GTAV can and will go head to head with ANY game released within 2 years and top the sales and reviews.

Not so easy to do when you're working minimum wage, you have bills, and have to spend over 60 bucks just to put some gas in your car. The economy is total sh*t and not getting any better. Most people aren't gonna be getting 2 new releases I bet.

Triple Vacuum Seal

Not so easy to do when you're working minimum wage, you have bills, and have to spend over 60 bucks just to put some gas in your car. The economy is total sh*t and not getting any better. Most people aren't gonna be getting 2 new releases I bet.

I understand, but it takes restraint and delayed gratification in order to not buy new then if it's that big of a burden. I bought GTAIV for $29 because I waited a few months while people were running out and paying $80 for pre-order special additions and what not. Owning games isn't hard. Getting them new all the time is.

Most other games are little fish, although there are a couple big fish in the tank, R* is a shark, and when it swims through, everybody notices. There is no game that will affect GTA's sales. NONE.

The other way around. The Last of Us for example. The game is either 2012 or early 2013 release and I believe one of the reasons is a possible GTA V Launch. A sh*tload of people who own a PS3 will buy GTA 5.

The__Phoenix
It depends on how much hype R* build prior to release

even if R* don´t show nothing until october 8 and this day they say that gta V release date is october 9, even if this happens gta V will have the biggest sales of this year and probably the biggest sales of the history much more than other game in history

teenager

Really? That's pretty narrow-minded.

Come on, man. i think Gionascm2 is right. Glad you can buy 2 or 3 games at a time but you need to realize that not all of us have the same priorities...or even money.

Anyway, yeah, GTA would beat'em all biggrin.gif

I don't always post or send PMs but, when I do, it's spam.

BANHAMMER

ShadyLizard

V would be crushed by games like:

Call of Duty

Halo 4

Little Big Planet 3

Sniper 2

Alpha Protocol 2

Saints Row 4(probably about even in sales)

And probably a few others IMO

G1T

.JimmyHopkins.

Dude....THIS...IS...GTA!!! biggrin.gif ...nothing can compare itself with the best game ever! wink.gif

It's a GTA release in almost half a decade. It will completely obliterate anything released beside it, both in terms of critical reception and sales, especially if they advertise it well enough.