3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

FidoX

HD Claude for GTAIV

ronneil147
Is it possible to rig this model to GTA 3? I've always wanted a more detailed model for Claude in GTA 3.

FidoX

Everything is possible biggrin.gif First the model should be cut into pieces(for each body part).plus you'd have to redo the UVmapping and make one texture for the whole body(cause in IV they're seperated).Then you'd have to rig it(though it's a lot more simple in III than in IV)...There is a HD Claude mod for III by onepiece. Try it out and you'll know why I won't do this.

MeminhoCu321

Awesome! Did you replaced glasses or what?

Kalvin

What glasses?

FidoX

Nope. I've found out that the glasses, hats, helmets are in the same file and I don't know anything about how these "packages" work(probably they're the same). So I replaced the bank robber mask instead. It was much simpler this way I think.The mask wouldn't fit his hairstyle anyway.

Edit: You can't see well on this picture but he has blue contact lenses too.He's got some scary blue eyes wow.gif

MeminhoCu321
Nope. I've found out that the glasses, hats, helmets are in the same file and I don't know anything about how these "packages" work(probably they're the same). So I replaced the bank robber mask instead. It was much simpler this way I think.The mask wouldn't fit his hairstyle anyway.

Edit: You can't see well on this picture but he has blue contact lenses too.He's got some scary blue eyes wow.gif

Great, there's two glasses that fits him almost perfectly, the other one clips through his nose unfortunately. And another thing I forgot to ask: Are you planning on doing facial expressions?

FidoX

I'll give it a shot but I think further rigging would mess up his face confused.gif I'll see what I can do

Edit: I've made a new texture for his pants (green camouflage).If you have any ideas for clothing or accessaries feel free to share with me.I'm planning on doing the clothes he wore in SA, new glasses and a motocross helmet(hopefully it will cover his hair too)

Edited by fidox

MeminhoCu321

I'll give it a shot but I think further rigging would mess up his face confused.gif I'll see what I can do

Edit: I've made a new texture for his pants (green camouflage).If you have any ideas for clothing or accessaries feel free to share with me.I'm planning on doing the clothes he wore in SA, new glasses and a motocross helmet(hopefully it will cover his hair too)

I was thinking about the motocross helmet, you just read my mind haha. I think it would be cool to add some short sleeves shirts for him, always wanted this for GTA IV. The idea of the clothes he used in SA is great. fidox, you're just awesome as your mod. biggrin.gif

FidoX

Thanks smile.gif I missed the shirts too biggrin.gif But I think there's a reason why in Liberty City there's nobody wearing shirts. The weather is rainy and foggy and it's set in autumn. I'm thinking more about hoodies or sweaters.

Edited by fidox

ShakingASS

Thanks smile.gif I missed the shirts too biggrin.gif But I think there's a reason why in Liberty City there's nobody wearing shirts. The weather is rainy and foggy and it's set in autumn. I'm thinking more about hoodies or sweaters.

Because the beta version of IV was suppose to have a weather for snow.

Kalvin

Where did you read that?

FidoX

The sneakers in HD (Claude's sneakers from San Andreas)

user posted image

I'm making a hoodie right now.I have no idea how it'll look but it has a lot of potential.Like various colors patterns, and due to the alpha channel there could be extras.For example: I make him a necklace and I set the shader to gta_ped_alpha.If you choose the white hoodie in the game there'll be nothing around his neck(cause the necklace's texture is transparent).But if you choose the black one you'll be able to see the chain(opaque texture).

Plans:

The glasses will be replaced with black sunglasses(I was thinking about Matrix-style ones or a Barbrady biggrin.gif)

The helmet's gonna be a motocross helmet.

And one of the hats should be replaced with a hockey mask like in VC so it wont mess up his hair tounge.gif

The other hat...well here's your chance to help me smile.gif

Edited by fidox

Toghrul Rahimli
Awesome work, can't wait to see him in SA!

FidoX

Toghrul Rahimli
Above your pic says "Claude in San Andreas"

FidoX

Sorry for the misleading.The mod is for IV.I'm making an HD version of Claude's clothing from San Andreas (jacket and shoes) that's all.

Edit:I don't have San Andreas on my comp so I won't do SA conversions.But if someone does the rigging I'll send him my files.

Edited by fidox

MeminhoCu321

Great work and great plans, hope you can handle it. Will you make the leather jacket like the one from San Andreas too? And I was thinking, you can replace the suse_00x_u.wdr (backpacks and armour vest for other) with some other extras, I don't even know if it's possible, but I think it's worth a try tounge2.gif . Other suggestion I have: I think you should try and get that medic shirt, get rid of the acessories, and make some good textures, I think it's better than short sleeves for Liberty City. biggrin.gif

Rock on buddy!

FidoX

Rockstar Hoodie(WIP):

user posted image

It has nothing to do with Claude but it was a great challenge.I've created something new from nothing.Niko's clothes don't fit Claude anyway.

It's already in three color variant but I'm thinking of changing the logo on the back and making other differencies.

FidoX

Yep, I'll make the one from SA too.I just don't know what to replace.I don't want to make two different textures.It just seems pointless to have it in different colours.

The sus files can be replaced with extras.But you'll need a trainer to make them appear in game.

About the medic outfit, I'll think about it.

MeminhoCu321

Yep, I'll make the one from SA too.I just don't know what to replace.I don't want to make two different textures.It just seems pointless to have it in different colours.

The sus files can be replaced with extras.But you'll need a trainer to make them appear in game.

About the medic outfit, I'll think about it.

About the the jacket from SA: Well, there's the leather jacket (uppr_diff_016_a/b_uni), just one recolour to do, or the open suit (uppr_diff_007_a_uni), no recolour to do, but I think a trainer would be necessary to obtain it confused.gif .

Edit: There's the "uppr_diff_008_a_uni" too, you get it after the mission which you use it, and no need for recolour.

_Rob_
Rockstar Hoodie(WIP):

*snip*It has nothing to do with Claude but it was a great challenge.I've created something new from nothing.Niko's clothes don't fit Claude anyway.

It's already in three color variant but I'm thinking of changing the logo on the back and making other differencies.

Perhaps one of the variants could be the Liberty City Cocks, to stay in keeping with III?

user posted image

with the "Cocks" logo on the back?

FidoX

Wow!I'm impressed biggrin.gif I love your idea. I should play more GTA III biggrin.gif

Kalvin

If you want, i could 'try' to rig him to SA (Only if you want), i've been rigging/making/converting peds/players since '09.

But, i can't guarantee.

FidoX

I've got nothing against you making an SA conversion wink.gif Which version of max do you use?

Kalvin

2011, if you use another version. You can just export it as a .fbx and that should work on any 3ds max.

FidoX

Okeydokey. fbx it is then.I'll send you a pm soon.

FidoX

I've found one LC Cocks logo through google and the other one comes rigth from gta3.img smile.gif

The cock on the left was originally about 2*2 pixels biggrin.gif

Which one do you prefer?Which cock should come on Claude's back? biggrin.gif

user posted image

MeminhoCu321
I've found one LC Cocks logo through google and the other one comes rigth from gta3.img smile.gif

The cock on the left was originally about 2*2 pixels biggrin.gif

Which one do you prefer?Which cock should come on Claude's back? biggrin.gif

*Awesome pic*

My suggestion is to use the left logo, as a badge, in the front of the hoodie, in the left side of the chest, and the right one in the back dozingoff.gificon14.gif

FidoX

ShakingASS

wow nice.