The Wish List

Zirvlok

This is mostly a question directed towards the Mods and Admins of the site, though I'm of course expecting input from the rest of the community.

My question is as the topic states, what does and does not belong in the wishlist? There's a topic about caves, that could go in the wishlist, but isn't. Then there's a topic of RC cars, apparently THAT belongs in the wishlist. I would like to know the criteria used to decide this, out of curiosity and so that the rest of the community can know, which may prevent topics you (Mods and Admins) deem wishlist material.

This bit is a tad irrelevant, but as for my opinion on the wishlist, I don't think it should be used to keep people from talking in depth about certain things.

GTAViscool1

Wishlist: You said you want for yourself

Not wishlist: You ask what other people think of your idea

G1T

Wishlist: You said you want for yourself

Not wishlist: You ask what other people think of your idea

That would be decent criteria except for the part about it not being true. The RC car topic asked other people about their opinion on it.

UtricularEwe001

Ryan-No, we don't need a wishlist section. The majority of the topics that get locked and told to post in the wishlist are ones that are along the lines of just someone saying 'they should include [X] in GTA V' or 'I want [X] in GTA V'. They're pointless topics and provide nothing to discuss. You'd think someone who is really passionate about an idea or something they want in GTA V could at least create a provocative discussion about the idea or thing. Talk about how it could be integrated into the game, modes, where it would be, ect. People who actually put effort into their topics like so have them left open. All others get put in the wishlist as we don't need the forum cluttered up with "I want dis in tha gta 5!!!!!!!!!!" topics.

As long as there is a plausible integration presented with supporting thoughts or ideas it will remain its own thread

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Ryan-No, we don't need a wishlist section. The majority of the topics that get locked and told to post in the wishlist are ones that are along the lines of just someone saying 'they should include [X] in GTA V' or 'I want [X] in GTA V'. They're pointless topics and provide nothing to discuss. You'd think someone who is really passionate about an idea or something they want in GTA V could at least create a provocative discussion about the idea or thing. Talk about how it could be integrated into the game, modes, where it would be, ect. People who actually put effort into their topics like so have them left open. All others get put in the wishlist as we don't need the forum cluttered up with "I want dis in tha gta 5!!!!!!!!!!" topics.

Well, that seems fair enough. I suppose this topic has run its course then.

Any minute now...

Let me explain something a bit further. For the most part I don't see a problem with most of the ideas posted here. You got to think about one thing though, most subjects have been brought up already and on the other hand some ideas are just so simple there is no room to discuss them.

Example, "GTAV should have turn signals" That's a wishlist idea. There's not much to discuss about that. The replies are always short like "yeah I agree"

fV9tG4b.gif