do you want 5 to be more complicated then SA?

ZZCOOL

do you want gta 5 to be more complicated then san andreas?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. do you want gta 5 to be more complicated then san andreas?

• i want the game to be as simple as gta 4
    • i want the game to be about as complicated as san andreas was
    • i want the game to be a full fledged role playing game like the sims

i have seen alot of suggestions for gta 5 and alot of them are to me bad it seems people want to turn gta 5 into a sims game that to me would be way too much

san andreas is where i draw the line for rpg features i don't want to be able to own pets or anything like that it would just make the game too complicated and less fun i want to be able to buy cars customize cars and buy houses (perhaps customizing your house) thats about it theres alot of things that add to realism and would be fun but owning a house and actually living in it sleeping in it owning a dog feeding it etc is where i draw the line i want gta i don't want the sims i want driving and shooting in a beautiful environment i don't want the police system to be too hard or complicated where cops will remember your licenseplate and other hard features (mafia 2's police system was very frustrating) that would make the game realistic but also tiresome what i plan on doing in this game is having mindless fun ofcourse theres alot of features that i wouldn't say no to for example player customization (only clothing not the face) and car customization

please note do not want the game as unrealistic and crazy as saints row the third was

Edited by zzcool

I would hate it to be every mission driving people around and shooting a gang of people every mission. I want missions like in SA with variety

Keep the faith in Christ. Never let video games get in the way of that.

StellarFish20

GTA: San Andreas had the perfect balance of everything I thought, gameplay wise.

I want lots of variety! But I must admit that some of the missions in San Andreas were ridiculous. The Zero missions pissed me off. Not because I found them very hard to complete the first time I played, but because I said to myself "Why the f*** am I flying an RC copter when I'm playing a GTA game?". I want GTA5 to focus on crimes, not just shooting people, but instead having many robbery missions, infiltrating gangs, stealth missions, racing missions etc etc. And I also want missions which takes place in cool environments such as malls, airports, subways, prisons, football arenas and factories.

nikonatorbelick

i want variety, but i do not want some of the missions to be as ridiculous and silly as those in SA ( pretty much every truth mission), a good balance between fun and realistic would be perfect

From R* perspective it shouldn't be overwhelmed with RPG game features as this was never the intention of any given GTA game. However objectively speaking I think more and more people are starting to enjoy role playing elements when playing games based around a strong storyline primairly. It's not like BF3 or a sports title or something, the more you are immersed in the world the more enjoyable the plot becomes. Thus if they have the extra time, budget and man-power, I think adding it roleplaying elements that are optional would fit the game well.

Psychotic Mind

Like SA, but bigger, better, better graphics than IV, and even more replay value. Even if the graphics are only a little better than IV's, I want something else like an obscenely huge map. When i first play it I want it to atleast have SOMETHING that makes me say "WOW". If not I will consider it just as bad as I thought GTA 2 was.

imo PLEASE NO RC ANYTHING MISSION CONTROLLING ANY THING WITH RC IN THE NAME WHILE PLAYING GTA IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DRIVE ESPECIALLY ON PC

The__Phoenix
GTA: San Andreas had the perfect balance of everything I thought, gameplay wise.

Indeed, gta v should be equal in this area

Sneakerhead.

San Andreas was absolutly perfect. The only thing I don't want back is the obligation to eat.

Yes, I don't want eating or having to go to a certain place on the otherside of the map, only to be there for about 5 minutes to return at all.(Protecting Grove street from rival gangs suicidal.gif )

^What I just said, is what don't want R* to bring back, also other than that, SA was damn near perfect. icon14.gif (The only things that I did not like, were the listed features and the graphics. icon13.gif )

The protag was epic, the new features were awsome, and the mods are the best out of the whole series in my opinion. icon14.gif

imo PLEASE NO RC ANYTHING MISSION CONTROLLING ANY THING WITH RC IN THE NAME WHILE PLAYING GTA IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DRIVE ESPECIALLY ON PC

Did you know that its possible to express that sentiment without having the caps lock engaged?

It's shouting. There's no need to shout. Also the caps make your post harder to read, which means more people will be inclined not to read it, thus reducing your attempt to communicate.

Gran Feft Orto

I think the more features the better - in order to give the game more lifespan and replayability. GTA IV had a great story, but had little to tempt me back to play single player after I had finished. I only went back for the multiplayer - race in particular.

However - a lot of these features should be optional - in order to make sure the game still appears to action fans who want to pick up the game and dive straight into the missions and not have to faff around customising stuff.

BlackCorsair

Complicated in what terms? I enjoyed SA`s huge variety, but some things don`t really need to come back. I do prefer a more cohesive plot like VC`s, thought, whether we will get a narrative with more than one protagonist or not is where my main point of interest is.

Harwood Butch3r

San Andreas was absolutly perfect. The only thing I don't want back is the obligation to eat.

It's for this reason I find SA overrated. No it's not perfect. No video game is. If was VC was a hot blonde I'd marry it, but even it's not perfect. I mean you just pointed out one of SA's flaws, so how can you say it's perfect?

IMO a heap of features isn't always the go. I think some forget GTA in its purest form was all about creating mayhem. This was long before SA was a spoonfeeder. I'm not saying GTA should be stripped all the way back, but one fundamental reason I prefer VC to SA is its simplistic gameplay.

If anything I'd rather R* put more work into making certain features less stale. I always found Vigilante and Taxi missions boring in the GTA III era, but found them fun in GTA IV. I don't want R* choosing quantity if it sacrifices quality.

Replay value is obviously important, but you don't need a large number of features to compensate.

Edited by Miamivicecity

inflamedeyeball
i have seen alot of suggestions for gta 5 and alot of them are to me bad it seems people want to turn gta 5 into a sims game that to me would be way too much

san andreas is where i draw the line for rpg features i don't want to be able to own pets or anything like that it would just make the game too complicated and less fun i want to be able to buy cars customize cars and buy houses (perhaps customizing your house) thats about it theres alot of things that add to realism and would be fun but owning a house and actually living in it sleeping in it owning a dog feeding it etc is where i draw the line i want gta i don't want the sims i want driving and shooting in a beautiful environment i don't want the police system to be too hard or complicated where cops will remember your licenseplate and other hard features (mafia 2's police system was very frustrating) that would make the game realistic but also tiresome what i plan on doing in this game is having mindless fun ofcourse theres alot of features that i wouldn't say no to for example player customization (only clothing not the face) and car customization

please note do not want the game as unrealistic and crazy as saints row the third was

1 - Use punctuation. This is a nigh unreadable wall of text. It may seem like a terrible amount of work to you, but trust me, it pays off.

2 - The Sims is not an RPG. It is a life simulation game. San Andreas had many RPG elements, and few life simulation game elements.

3 - Yes, I want ALL of those elements back. Even hunger, because it gave you something to do. That's one of the things that made the game epic in my opinion; there was always something to do.

I still find all the typical "oh you had to eat in San Andreas" bullcrap as irritating as the first time I saw it. You didn't have to eat. At all (well, the early on tutorial missions did lead you to a Cluckin Bell, was it, but afterwards you were free to starve had that been your choice). The same goes for RPG elements, they were optional (kind of, they just vent on in the background). Even those retarded (depending on opinion, of course) Zero missions were optional. The only downside is that you get some popups now and again informing you how you upgraded something or that you should eat some crap, I can understand if someone finds those annoying.

As far as RPG elements go, don't forget that they add to the realism of the game - the more you use some type of vehicle or weapon, more proficient you get. In my view, that's the most realistic mechanism I have seen in any GTA game.

To go back to eating for a sec, I personally found that feature OK, nothing ground breaking, but it was nice to get CJ into his fat f*ck suit from time to time, a welcome change of pace at times (pardon the pun).

Obviously I'm against this new age of "gaming" annoyances, as you have rightly said GTA should never ever be sims. The most annoying feature I had ever endured in any game is the consistent nagging over the phone. It was bad in SA, GTAIV took it to a next level of a royal pain in the butt with a side dish urge to destroy your preferred input device by smashing it into the screen. Terrible feature, just a bad idea to have something like that in a game of this type, very poorly executed at that.

However, I'm always ready to compromise and it's my belief this system can be implemented so it works for everyone, hopefully some of those potheads at R* will get a clue. So, instead of having 19 of your friends/girlfriends/shemale partners call you all the time over utterly stupid bullsh*t, they could call you once, inviting you to some sort of an affair and you would then be presented with three responses:

a) yes, I want to come

b) no, I don't have time right now

c) no and please don't call me again, I'll call you

Very simple and neat solution, something that's just about right for every type of player. If you don't want to be nagged, simply say so. If you want... well, there's the option. Of course, knowing R* it's more probable they'll make an ingame facebook frontend requiring to log in, along with the other 15 services, if you want to go online, so both your real virtual and virtual virtual friends can bother you while you just want do some drivebys.

I appreciated how San Andreas felt like a complete game. IV felt rushed or half finished. You were introduced to new features throughout the game but often never got a chance to use them again later on. San Andreas felt more full, although the story was less coherent and had a lot of strange tangents.

I still find all the typical "oh you had to eat in San Andreas" bullcrap as irritating as the first time I saw it. You didn't have to eat. At all (well, the early on tutorial missions did lead you to a Cluckin Bell, was it, but afterwards you were free to starve had that been your choice). The same goes for RPG elements, they were optional (kind of, they just vent on in the background). Even those retarded (depending on opinion, of course) Zero missions were optional. The only downside is that you get some popups now and again informing you how you upgraded something or that you should eat some crap, I can understand if someone finds those annoying.

As far as RPG elements go, don't forget that they add to the realism of the game - the more you use some type of vehicle or weapon, more proficient you get. In my view, that's the most realistic mechanism I have seen in any GTA game.

To go back to eating for a sec, I personally found that feature OK, nothing ground breaking, but it was nice to get CJ into his fat f*ck suit from time to time, a welcome change of pace at times (pardon the pun).

Obviously I'm against this new age of "gaming" annoyances, as you have rightly said GTA should never ever be sims. The most annoying feature I had ever endured in any game is the consistent nagging over the phone. It was bad in SA, GTAIV took it to a next level of a royal pain in the butt with a side dish urge to destroy your preferred input device by smashing it into the screen. Terrible feature, just a bad idea to have something like that in a game of this type, very poorly executed at that.

However, I'm always ready to compromise and it's my belief this system can be implemented so it works for everyone, hopefully some of those potheads at R* will get a clue. So, instead of having 19 of your friends/girlfriends/shemale partners call you all the time over utterly stupid bullsh*t, they could call you once, inviting you to some sort of an affair and you would then be presented with three responses:

a) yes, I want to come

b) no, I don't have time right now

c) no and please don't call me again, I'll call you

Very simple and neat solution, something that's just about right for every type of player. If you don't want to be nagged, simply say so. If you want... well, there's the option. Of course, knowing R* it's more probable they'll make an ingame facebook frontend requiring to log in, along with the other 15 services, if you want to go online, so both your real virtual and virtual virtual friends can bother you while you just want do some drivebys.

There's an even simpler solution: put your phone on silent, dummy. How you can defend being forced to eat and exercise in SA, then condemn R* for "forcing" you to answer the phone in IV (especially when you don't have to) is beyond me. Oh wait, all of your posts tend to be convoluted and retarded. Makes sense now. suicidal.gif

I want the game to be more complex.

I'm tired of the game industry making games more and more simpler, linear and repetitive for the kids.

I'm sorry...

But how the hell was GTA4 simple and SA complicated or whatever??? It should be other way around.

I want it like san andreas or better.

[blue jeans]

I want lots of variety! But I must admit that some of the missions in San Andreas were ridiculous. The Zero missions pissed me off. Not because I found them very hard to complete the first time I played, but because I said to myself "Why the f*** am I flying an RC copter when I'm playing a GTA game?". I want GTA5 to focus on crimes, not just shooting people, but instead having many robbery missions, infiltrating gangs, stealth missions, racing missions etc etc. And I also want missions which takes place in cool environments such as malls, airports, subways, prisons, football arenas and factories.

what you've just said describes many missions in GTA. The rc copter ones were fun imo. No I am not a saints row fan smile.gif

There's an even simpler solution: put your phone on silent, dummy. How you can defend being forced to eat and exercise in SA, then condemn R* for "forcing" you to answer the phone in IV (especially when you don't have to) is beyond me. Oh wait, all of your posts tend to be convoluted and retarded. Makes sense now.

What is beyond me is your lack of intelligence.

a) you're not being forced to eat nor exercise in SA past those tutorial missions. I'm not defending it, it's not there. You do get an occasional popup if you have spent a significant amount of time in game without eating. I have already stated that, but in your haste to quote you haven't read, have you? Have you even played that game, silly child? Was maybe your little brain overheating so you made this so basic error? After all, it's very demanding to push a quote button and type in some random garble trying to make a point, one that has failed even before you conceived it. Sort of mental abortion... I don't know why, but term "abort" goes very well with your nickname there.

b) if you turn the phone off, the mission calls stop coming in as well

c) the phone remains off just until you reload again, so how is this simpler then my solution?

In my proposal, you get to tell that person ONCE you don't want to have anything to do with them, and you get to PLAY the story. In your "solution" you have to turn the phone off every time you load the game and turn it back on every time you want to progress the story. Yeah, a lot simpler. Note the implied sarcasm, I understand people who exhibit deficiencies in mental capacity need things spelled at them at all times. S-A-R-C-A-S-A-M.

Do you now realize how silly you are? It's just pathetic, go away, you're just wasting bandwidth and electricity. Go ask your mom for permission to play with power sockets. G-O A-W-A-Y.

Edited by mkey82

Use some goddamn periods. SA was nearly perfect though. Maybe a little more would be fine, not too much

killdrivetheftvehicle

I would like to see more role-playing features in GTA. Only just those kinds of things that you see in a movie. Usually you don't see anyone use the sh*tter or urinate, so that should not be part of the game. I would not want to be cleaning the house either, or travel to a groceries store to buy food in order to fill the fridge. Anything boring should be excluded.

To me, gta is an interactive crime movie. But that does not exclude other RPG features. I would not mind cooking a meal for a date, train correctly in order to have better physique, eat if your character feels hungry, or buy some fuel for your vehicle. And yes, I would like to see my character to develop skills during the game. And the eating and the fuel consumption could be made optional, so that those that don't want an immersive experience could play the game like saints row.

fitbikesbmx

I remember the first time I played SA. I looked at the map and was totally overwhelmed. I couldn't believe the scale of it. It was an amazing feeling that I want again. I don't want the 'over the top' gameplay so much as I just want a huge amount of things to do and a number of ways to complete most of the missions.

RPG elements would be ok with me, as far as body building, getting fat, etc. But I don't want to be forced into them. I hated that you had to eat in SA , even if it was very rare. I don't want anything like that. It would be cool if hair grew in the game, like if you didn't get a hair cut ever, then your hair would get long, but it would probably be more trouble than it's worth and wouldn't add much to the gameplay.

Plus I want more mini games. It looks like we can play golf on an actual golf course which would be pretty cool. Bank robberies and burglaries would be amazing as well.

Car and character customization is another big thing for me. Once again, nothing too over the top, but being able to put different wheels, paint jobs, body kits, performance upgrades, etc. on cars would be awesome. As well as a huge selection of clothes, from casual to super fancy. I'm not looking to create a character, but have access to an extensive wardrobe.

Map diversity is a big thing too, not just scale. Having urban areas, rich neighborhoods, ghettos, beaches, desert, forests, countrysides, mountains, etc.

There's an even simpler solution: put your phone on silent, dummy. How you can defend being forced to eat and exercise in SA, then condemn R* for "forcing" you to answer the phone in IV (especially when you don't have to) is beyond me. Oh wait, all of your posts tend to be convoluted and retarded. Makes sense now.

What is beyond me is your lack of intelligence.

a) you're not being forced to eat nor exercise in SA past those tutorial missions. I'm not defending it, it's not there. You do get an occasional popup if you have spent a significant amount of time in game without eating. I have already stated that, but in your haste to quote you haven't read, have you? Have you even played that game, silly child? Was maybe your little brain overheating so you made this so basic error? After all, it's very demanding to push a quote button and type in some random garble trying to make a point, one that has failed even before you conceived it. Sort of mental abortion... I don't know why, but term "abort" goes very well with your nickname there.

b) if you turn the phone off, the mission calls stop coming in as well

c) the phone remains off just until you reload again, so how is this simpler then my solution?

In my proposal, you get to tell that person ONCE you don't want to have anything to do with them, and you get to PLAY the story. In your "solution" you have to turn the phone off every time you load the game and turn it back on every time you want to progress the story. Yeah, a lot simpler. Note the implied sarcasm, I understand people who exhibit deficiencies in mental capacity need things spelled at them at all times. S-A-R-C-A-S-A-M.

Do you now realize how silly you are? It's just pathetic, go away, you're just wasting bandwidth and electricity. Go ask your mom for permission to play with power sockets. G-O A-W-A-Y.

lol

Silly child, mental abortion... Yet another convoluted and ridiculous post by Mkey82... what a surprise! (By the way, that was s-a-r-c-a-s-m.)

I never said anything about turning your phone off. All you need to do is set your ringer to silent and, voila!, you can ignore your friends and don't even have to listen to the ringer. Put it in sleep mode if you just want to rampage and don't want to be disturbed at all. I'm not really sure what your problem is since you can always decline to answer any incoming call, regardless of your ringer settings. It requires pressing maybe two buttons at most.

I did read your post: you expressed being annoyed that people complain about trivial inconveniences in SA, then complained about features in IV that are even less inconvenient and even more trivial. It's not your feelings toward IV that disgust me, so much as your hypocrisy. I commend your eloquence and passion--it's missing in most people's posts here--but you're as clueless as you are conceited.