Caves/Mines

Domeux

As I am not familiar with California I cannot say for certain, so I was wondering, is it likely that we'll see Caves and/or Mines in V? As for mines, this quote meantions Gold found in the California Gold Rush, in Southern Cali (V's setting): "Gold was also discovered in Southern California but on a much smaller scale. The first discovery of gold, at Rancho San Francisco in the mountains north of present-day Los Angeles". I do know some of this mines were just left there, however I am none-the-wiser when it comes to caves, or if there are any in area V is based upon.

Do you think Rockstar will incorporate either of these into V? They'd make for some great hangouts, hideouts, missions or any easter eggs they plan on putting in.

It would be pretty cool to see in GTA V, its' something that we've never seen in GTA before.

It would be pretty cool to see in GTA V, its' something that we've never seen in GTA before.

In GTA SA there is one, but sadly we can't enter it cuz it's closen. (near Las Brujas)

There sure will be a mine, if they will include Las Brujas or some other similiar mining ghosttown. confused.gif

In GTA SA there is one, but sadly we can't enter it cuz it's closen. (near Las Brujas)

There sure will be a mine, if they will include Las Brujas or some other similiar mining ghosttown. confused.gif

I thought Las Brujas was in RDR

Edited by rodneythesavior

rodneythesavior, It was in the ... west of Las Brujas Ghost Town, on a ... mountain or whatever those desert dicks are. You won't miss it by searching a big old wooden "ramp" which is like ~200meters long by a plane.

But nothing special there. Just a abandoned mine.

Gunjahfarma

ok want realizm but not mining or something, i mean

we can take everithing, can we ski in V?, can we wash our clothes in V? etc.

Greets

rodneythesavior, It was in the ... west of Las Brujas Ghost Town, on a ... mountain or whatever those desert dicks are. You won't miss it by searching a big old wooden "ramp" which is like ~200meters long by a plane.

But nothing special there. Just a abandoned mine.

user posted image

Didn't know this was a mine...

@Gunjahfarma: Nah, I didn't mean mines as in somewhere we could actual partake in mining, but like old, abandoned mines. I think it would be quite fun if there were mines AND they were unstable, so if you cause an explosion, or shoot too much or drive vehicles down them you can take out beams and planks and cause the place to cave in. Would love to trap people in them in multiplayer.

Good idea - it would be a fun homage to the old adventure games. They did a good job with the mines in RDR.

There is at least one abandoned mine in the San Gabriel Mountains near Los Angeles, inside Mt Baden-Powelll. I have been in it a couple of times.

I would like to see sewers underneath the city, not sure what point they would have in the game but maybe there could be one large enough where a character hangs out or something.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

I thought Las Brujas was in RDR

lolwut

and there was an open cave near tierra robada

and there was an open cave near tierra robada

I was going to mention this. It's a great way to avoid cops on the surface. I just don't like the fact that the cops can still follow you move for move on the surface.

The__Phoenix
You want to mine in GTA5?

Why?

IT'S A GTA GAME!!!!

suicidal.gif

I agree,I bet that R* will put one cave only for write in her there are no easter eggs here .Go away, like in the gant bridge of san fierro.

Find an easter egg is the only reason for see a cave or a mine in a gta.

Why?

IT'S A GTA GAME!!!!

suicidal.gif

If you played RDR, you'd know how fun minecarts + gunfire and explosions can be. With that said, it was fitting in that type of game anyway... though I'd still love to tie up a prostitute and stick her in a minecart and push her down the bottom and watch the minecart come crashing out the mountainside

The__Phoenix

Why?

IT'S A GTA GAME!!!!

suicidal.gif

If you played RDR, you'd know how fun minecarts + gunfire and explosions can be. With that said, it was fitting in that type of game anyway... though I'd still love to tie up a prostitute and stick her in a minecart and push her down the bottom and watch the minecart come crashing out the mountainside

lotus,you're crazy biggrin.gif

Why?

IT'S A GTA GAME!!!!

suicidal.gif

@Gunjahfarma: Nah, I didn't mean mines as in somewhere we could actual partake in mining, but like old, abandoned mines. I think it would be quite fun if there were mines AND they were unstable, so if you cause an explosion, or shoot too much or drive vehicles down them you can take out beams and planks and cause the place to cave in. Would love to trap people in them in multiplayer.

You fool.

Harwood Butch3r

Woudn't it be cool if there was some cave and right underground there's ruins of cities/towns from SA? Kind of like old Stilwater in SR2.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Mines, sewers and secret tunnels would be awesome! I don't want the tunnels to be directly linked with the story though. It would be amazing to find secret hideouts out of the blue when you're out exploring. GTA IV barely had any places like that, except the maintenance entrance near Easton station.

Psychotic Mind

Bigfoot comes to mind when i think of woods and caves. But I want to see them doing something awesome with area 69. Aliens, bigfoot, and anal probes.

Maybe at a certain point in the game after you're run a muck in Los Santos, you're on a MOST WANTED by either police or gangs and you have to leave Los Santos and go live in a cave in the mountainside (think along the lines of the cave in RDR with the little camp setup inside it). This would be a good way to transition from city to countryside, and start getting involved with various other characters from out in the 'sticks'. Your safehouse would be a cave/abandoned mine shaft and you go and do missions and oddjobs for drug farms and those mexican dudes at the vineyards lol.

Edited by LotusRIP

Lance Wilson

in SA i always remember thinking there might be an underwater cove to swim to from the beach. i'd love that to be added. have to swim underwater find the entrance under the beach and find the cove/cave. maybe could be a drop off place for some drugs for you to collect for a mission. either way i enjoyed SA's underwater exploration even if there was nothing to it haha. hopefully V expands on it

in SA i always remember thinking there might be an underwater cove to swim to from the beach. i'd love that to be added. have to swim underwater find the entrance under the beach and find the cove/cave. maybe could be a drop off place for some drugs for you to collect for a mission. either way i enjoyed SA's underwater exploration even if there was nothing to it haha. hopefully V expands on it

Drug Runners have been using submarines for years so an underwater drop off place isn't that far fetched and could be cool. It would be cool to launch missles from a sub and guide them into land targets--kinda like guiding a missle into a buildinng or whatever. I could sit and do that for hours if it looked good.

As far as having caves, IDK how caves would be fun. I think it could get Tomb Raider-ish quick and don't know how that would lend credibility to the story.

Your safehouse would be a cave/abandoned mine shaft and you go and do missions and oddjobs for drug farms and those mexican dudes at the vineyards lol.

Drug-runners often use underground shafts to get the supplies across the border, so it would make sense.

Woudn't it be cool if there was some cave and right underground there's ruins of cities/towns from SA? Kind of like old Stilwater in SR2.

That was a very cool addition to the game. It felt nice to be able to get away from the troubles of the city.

GRAND THEFT MINECRAFT

aahahaha

I don't always post or send PMs but, when I do, it's spam.

BANHAMMER