Robot Hookers!

Slamman

They better have another bot to hose that thing down after each use. It's not sanitary. Ask Howard Hughes, he'll tell ya.

They better have another bot to hose that thing down after each use. It's not sanitary. Ask Howard Hughes, he'll tell ya.

The, erm, important parts can be single use. In fact, I'm sure this will be required for any officially operated establishment. The rest of the exterior is easily washable. It'll be more sanitary than an actual woman.

Also, 2050? That's rather pessimistic. I'd expect transition to start a lot sooner, and it'd be pretty swift. Yes, we are rather far from proper functional robotics, but a hooker bot doesn't need to last more than an hour or two between charges, so that's the biggest problem out. She also doesn't need to be terribly strong, making servos quite sufficient. That's the second problem taken care of. AI? She doesn't need to talk to you about philosophy. A modern chat bot is quite capable of generating adequate replies, and she only needs to understand a handful of commands. So that's three for three.

In fact, one can be built right now. It's just a matter of funding. Most of the robotics is funded by military, and I don't think entertainment for troops is that high on their priority list.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

OysterBarron

I bet they still leave a wet patch!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

user posted imageuser posted image

All we need now is faster-than-light travel and suicide booths and we'll officially be in the future my friends.

Finn 7 five 11

Would they function in proper establishments? Otherwise every robot would need a pimp to make sure someone doesn't break open the bot and take all the cash.

I think the question here isnt whether its possible but rather "would you?".

And please, let's keep it rhetorical.

All we need now is faster-than-light travel and suicide booths and we'll officially be in the future my friends.

What we need are people who'd actually care. How many people you know that actually use video phones, despite practically every smart phone being one? When was the last time you've seen a flying car not in a museum? Shuttle? Grounded. I just talked to a guy who is working on a degree in neuroprosthetics. Short version, we can make robotic limbs, but nobody cares.

Though, to be honest, FTL thing is a pickle. We can send some signals over very short distances FTL in the lab, but over long distances? Just a few formulas for various warp drives, all of which still require some rather exotic conditions. This and teleportation are the only two elements of science fiction that we just can't do yet. The rest are matter of people actually carrying to have these things.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

OysterBarron

Theres a new flying car thats got the go ahead in the states and im pretty sure they have teleported something already allbeit just a photon or atom.

The flying car has had 20.000 pre orders if i remeber correctly

Edited by oysterbarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Theres a new flying car thats got the go ahead in the states and im pretty sure they havel teleported something alkready allbeit just a photon or atom.

You mean Pal-V? Don't get me wrong, it's nice, and I want one. But first of all, it's an autogyro/motorcycle. Hardly a proper car or a proper aircraft with Vne of 97kts. More importantly, you still need to go to airport with it. And even at that, it's something that could have been built two decades ago, easily.

As for teleportation, you can think of it as teleporting an atom, but what's really transported is the excitation state of an atom, and the theory doesn't scale well. Or at all, really. With notable exception of water, most molecules the human body is built from would require more bits of information to teleport than there are atoms in the known universe. And that's for one molecule. You just can't use quantum teleportation for anything like sci-fi teleportation. That's not to say that quantum teleportation is without use, but the most important applications of it will be in computing, encryption, and communication. For example, quantum key sharing can be accomplished via quantum teleportation.

So just like FTL travel, it's something we have basic lab confirmation of, but practical ways of using these cannot even be imagined at the moment.

Didn't "House" and "CSI: Crime Scene Inv." already touch on this subject?

If you build it, they will come.

jMNM8n3.gif

Yes, many will find it hard to resist.

It's face turns me off very quickly. Looks like a corpse.

That'll be the uncanny valley effect.

user posted image

Yes, many will find it hard to resist.

But I'm sure there will be plenty who'll provide some stiff moral opposition.

Exkabewbikadid

I don't care how well crafted they can make these things, once you've had some actual nice, wet, juicy pussy, you will accept no substitutes.

oQywcQM.jpg

I'm in the front row of my psychology course right now, so it's a little risky opening a link in which "prostibot" is in the URL, but my friend told me that one of the most advanced robots in the world is a sexbot in japan (Don't quote me, my friend could be bullsh*tting), but that would be funny if it is true...

The only hatred i have about robots (when trying to replica a real life person) is the eyes, they never get it right.

This guy in comments got it right:

Oh great...and how much more will the unemployment rate go up. Now we'll have unemployed hookers!!! What's a woman to do for a career when one of the most lucrative professions that doesn't require and education is taken over by prostibots???!!!

It's the wave of the future. And I mean that, if sex is more readily available without the labours of having to court a woman, I believe the ammount of suicides and mass shootings will drop. Most crimes are caused by either the ego or the libido. By giving people unlimited access to sex, even with an artifical human, you allow them to sate a basic human need and feel somewhat normal.

Like I said, wave of the future.

OysterBarron
Is it classed as cheating or gaming?

I think i'm going to become a hardcore gamer.......

That's terrible i'm seeing my way outta the topic now!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Is it classed as cheating or gaming?

Who cares? Important is only the UPLOAD at the end! lol.gif

They invented this years ago, it's called the hoover. I like the fact I have a Henry because I can look him right in the eye.

I don't think the ladies of the night have anything to worry about for a long time yet.

The, erm, important parts can be single use. In fact, I'm sure this will be required for any officially operated establishment. The rest of the exterior is easily washable. It'll be more sanitary than an actual woman.

Also, 2050? That's rather pessimistic. I'd expect transition to start a lot sooner, and it'd be pretty swift. Yes, we are rather far from proper functional robotics, but a hooker bot doesn't need to last more than an hour or two between charges, so that's the biggest problem out. She also doesn't need to be terribly strong, making servos quite sufficient. That's the second problem taken care of. AI? She doesn't need to talk to you about philosophy. A modern chat bot is quite capable of generating adequate replies, and she only needs to understand a handful of commands. So that's three for three.

In fact, one can be built right now. It's just a matter of funding. Most of the robotics is funded by military, and I don't think entertainment for troops is that high on their priority list.

It all reminds me of this old Sam Kinison routine he did in his comic act about Truck Drivers "Riding that ride with a smile", Miss the guy

I had to throw in a reference to Domestibot given GTA's humor centering around "In the Future, there will be Robots", and we don't think too much about them even now.

Typhus is forgetting about the All Mighty Dollar with that idea about crime dropping lol.gif

Edited by Slamman