# Of Wanted Stars

Durden

How many wanted stars do you want future GTAs to have?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How many wanted stars do you want future GTAs to have?

• More than 6 stars (Difference between wanted levels would be less noticable, and the highest levels would be very difficult)
    • 6 Stars (usual system from GTAIII - present)
    • Less than 6 stars (Very noticable difference in wanted levels)

This question applies to all upcoming GTAs including GTAV. How many wanted stars would you like there to be, and why?

I would like there to be more than 6, personally. Maybe something like 8. Having more stars would call for extreme measurements of force, mainly the Military. This would make shootouts really fun and challenging with heavy firepower trying to take you down. While having less stars won't be as annoying as in pervious games. One star would be nothing but police giving you a fine, while 2 stars would have them trying to tackle you and they would point their guns at you.

Some things I envision at 8 stars:

-Mainly military, with some police/SWAT/FBI.

-Powerful military vehicles such as tanks, armoured boats w/ turrets, Hydra jets, and 6-man helicopters with miniguns and rockets attached to the front as well as a man-able turret on each side of the chopper.

-Snipers and RPGers on rooftops

-Tank roadblocks

-Spike strips

Discuss how many stars you'd like there to be, and how it would work.

P.S. This does not belong in another thread. I really think this needs its own thread, as it is different from the rest and there is potentially so much to discuss.

P.S.S. Do me a favor and don't say anything like, "We need new info soon so these sh*tty threads will cease to exist".

I would like to stick to the original wanted levels of six stars, just my two cents.

GTA III's 6 stars. It was a good amount, and the transition was fine. If they plan on bringing back the army then 6 stars would be logical. However if they plan to keep it more realistic with the SWAT/FIB then keep it at 5 stars like GTAIV.

I'd like police roadblocks and stingers to be laid out at 3+ stars like in the old games, I don't know why they weren't included in IV. Also when you have SWAT and the Military after you, they should be able to repel from choppers onto nearby rooftops, again like the old games. The army being in San Andreas just felt right, with the whole mysterious Restricted Zone in the desert, the aircraft carrier, it just fitted perfectly with the design, story and atmosphere of the game. So I hope the wanted level is similar to San Andreas.

I would certainly expect it to be much more likely to see a tank around SA compared to LC. It wouldn't have worked in GTA IV.

Racecarlock

Well, frankly what the hell are they going to call in on you after 6 stars? 6 stars is military intervention with helicopters and sh*t. What, are they going to call in their alien buddies from alpha centauri and have flying saucers shooting exploding lasers at me? So, yeah, stick with 6 stars.

Well, frankly what the hell are they going to call in on you after 6 stars? 6 stars is military intervention with helicopters and sh*t. What, are they going to call in their alien buddies from alpha centauri and have flying saucers shooting exploding lasers at me? So, yeah, stick with 6 stars.

Well in my OP I explained how 8 stars could work.

GTA III's 6 stars. It was a good amount, and the transition was fine. If they plan on bringing back the army then 6 stars would be logical. However if they plan to keep it more realistic with the SWAT/FIB then keep it at 5 stars like GTAIV.

I'd like police roadblocks and stingers to be laid out at 3+ stars like in the old games, I don't know why they weren't included in IV. Also when you have SWAT and the Military after you, they should be able to repel from choppers onto nearby rooftops, again like the old games. The army being in San Andreas just felt right, with the whole mysterious Restricted Zone in the desert, the aircraft carrier, it just fitted perfectly with the design, story and atmosphere of the game. So I hope the wanted level is similar to San Andreas.

I would certainly expect it to be much more likely to see a tank around SA compared to LC. It wouldn't have worked in GTA IV.

GTAIV had 6 stars, dude. The only difference was from 5 stars is that there were 2 SWAT helicopters instead of one (i think) I don't remember what a stinger is, but there were police roadblocks in IV as well as NOOSE roadblocks.

I agree with the repelling; they repelled in the III era games but they stopped in IV. It would be nice to have back.

I also think it was not suitable for LC, as it was more urban and whatnot.

Edited by gionascm2

they should get rid of the stars all together

Well then how would you go about the wanted level system?

Keep it the same (6 stars) but i want escaping the police/fbi/swat at 6 stars to be very f*cking difficult this time, it was very easy in GTA IV

UberChargedCJ

what about robots for 7 stars?

Edited by UberChargedCJ

do robots or monsters sound cool for 7 stars?

Can't tell if trolling or serious.... If your trolling, CoolStoryBro.

If your serious, I can actually see them sending out some sort of "RC rover" like machine that is equipped with state of the art armor and weapons. I don't know if that's stretching it a bit though...

UberChargedCJ

If your serious, I can actually see them sending out some sort of "RC rover" like machine that is equipped with state of the art armor and weapons. I don't know if that's stretching it a bit though...

i am not trolling im just asking if robots or monsters would exist for 7 stars

i am not trolling im just asking if robots or monsters would exist for 7 stars

Well somthing tells me monsters probaly won't make it into GTAV.... maybe Saints Row 4? biggrin.gif

But the RC cyborg prototype idea seems prett good smile.gif

You newbs who joined, stop trying to be funny, it's just looking like spamming in the thread.

Honest reply is like mine; Six stars is fine, and has been for some time. The rumor is there won't be the level of response as last time in GTA, but we've yet to see that rumor actually debunked

You newbs who joined, stop trying to be funny, it's just looking like spamming in the thread.

Honest reply is like mine; Six stars is fine, and has been for some time. The rumor is there won't be the level of response as last time in GTA, but we've yet to see that rumor actually debunked

Thanks for the tip-off colgate.gif And were you talking about UberChargedCJ?

Psychotic Mind

Yeah I really wouldn't mind seeing 8, and 10 star wanted system though there isn't much point past 6 unless they give it a point like the military. For one, I think they should work out the lower wanted levels more carefully and have it based on what type of threat you are. I think if you are throwing grenades around you should automatically attain a 6 (for the swat). If I recall correctly that in GTA IV if you entered the airport you would get a 4-5 star regardless (high threat possibly terrorist) the same thing when trying to cross over to the other cities early on in the game.

Same if you have a rocket launcher and start blowing sh*t up, it will go straight to 8+. You are declared a terrorist threat, martial law is instated and the national guard is after you.

Yeah I really wouldn't mind seeing 8, and 10 star wanted system though there isn't much point past 6 unless they give it a point like the military. For one, I think they should work out the lower wanted levels more carefully and have it based on what type of threat you are. I think if you are throwing grenades around you should automatically attain a 6 (for the swat). If I recall correctly that in GTA IV if you entered the airport you would get a 4-5 star regardless (high threat possibly terrorist) the same thing when trying to cross over to the other cities early on in the game.

Same if you have a rocket launcher and start blowing sh*t up, it will go straight to 8+. You are declared a terrorist threat, martial law is instated and the national guard is after you.

Yeah I've never really thought about that; It's a really good idea. Bumping into a police car shouldn't give 1 star if you also get 1 star for exploding a pedestrian with an RPG. tounge.gif

I'd like to see the wanted level spread out evenly between you and peds, and the trailer's foot chase could mean this is something more common, as it was in GTA Vice City

Yeah I'd like to see more stars. Maybe 7-9? I could see it going like this:

1 star: Simple foot chase. Pursuit in car if protagonist is in a car.

2 stars: Police attempt to tackle the protagonist. Batons only. If the cops manage to stop the player while in a car, batons are used to smash the window and drag the player out of the car for an arrest.

3 stars: Police attempt to stop player via the use of stun guns batons and police dogs only. No actual guns yet.

4 stars: If weapon is drawn - open fire. If not - Tear gas, pepper spray, batons, stun guns and police dogs used. Spike strip if in car as well as fast police motorbikes.

5 stars: Open fire. NOOSE squads (or equivalent) accompany police with advanced weapons, tactical manoeuvres and helicopters.

6 stars: In come the FBI, less 'regular' police present.

7 stars: Not many regular police anymore. At this stage all the police want to do is stop you and they don't care how they do it.

8 stars: FEW military involved. They show up in 2-3 Patriots but with the 'less-skilled' soldiers.

9 stars: Much more military. Use of Military jets and skilled soldiers introduced. Flash-bangs and grenades used to stop the player, as well as officers with VERY advanced weapons. Few to no police around at this point. Roads blocked off and tanks and other heavy vehicles used to ram the player off the road if in a car.

And yes, I would like to see the military lol.gif

* All effects of attaining a certain star is carried over to the next, unless mentioned otherwise.

Edited by btbwuh
G1T

UberChargedCJ

here are the codes for wanted levels

GREEN 0/1 stars

YELLOW 2/3 stars

ORANGE 4/5 stars

RED 6/7 stars

BLACK 8+ stars

Edited by UberChargedCJ

Yeah I'd like to see more stars. Maybe 7-9? I could see it going like this:

1 star: Simple foot chase. Pursuit in car if protagonist is in a car.

2 stars: Police attempt to tackle the protagonist. Batons only. If the cops manage to stop the player while in a car, batons are used to smash the window and dray the player out of the car for an arrest.

3 stars: Police attempt to stop player via the use of stun guns batons and police dogs only. No actual guns yet.

4 stars: If weapon is drawn - open fire. If not - Tear gas, pepper spray, batons, stun guns and police dogs used. Spike strip if in car as well as fast police motorbikes.

5 stars: Open fire. NOOSE squads (or equivalent) accompany police with advanced weapons, tactical manoeuvres and helicopters.

6 stars: In come the FBI, less 'regular' police present.

7 stars: Not many regular police anymore. At this stage all the police want to do is stop you and they don't care how they do it.

8 stars: FEW military involved. They show up in 2-3 Patriots but with the 'less-skilled' soldiers.

9 stars: Much more military. Use of Military jets and skilled soldiers introduced. Flash-bangs and grenades used to stop the player, as well as officers with VERY advanced weapons. Few to no police around at this point. Roads blocked off and tanks and other heavy vehicles used to ram the player off the road if in a car.

And yes, I would like to see the military lol.gif

* All effects of attaining a certain star is carried over to the next, unless mentioned otherwise.

Hmm that seems pretty good colgate.gif I would be cool with that!