Have A problem

X3MAC

Hey guys I just got GTA 4 for the PC and when I go into live It is about to update live and then it stops mercie_blink.gif . It says " Test your internet" and all that stuff. What do I do?

Make sure you're connected to the internet. Try disabling your firewall and and check whether GFWL is being blocked by your anti-virus.

Also, if you're trying to update the game, I recommend you do so from outside the game. You can download the latest patch (#7) from here.

Ok, I'm having the same problem. But when I go to download it, it asks me what I should open it with. Any suggestions? I used to have WinRAR but it's expired.

I did all those things but it still asks me to update it. When I update it, it says cant connect to the internet. I have no idea what to do

Sorry.

So here is what happens step by step. When I log in, it says there is a new update for the game. If you decline the update, you will be signed out of LIVE.

I press update. Then a new window pops up and it says, You could not connect to the internet. Please visit gamesforwindows.com/support for help.

So without this update for the game, I can't play online at all.

OK, firstly you should install manually the update for the game -> http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/file/G...tch_1070;114377

Secondly, you should check your ports http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=415686 it's possible GFWL has a tough time communicating with the servers. Also, you should allow GFWL connections through your firewall, if you have any.

i know its not recommended, but i just open firewall when revoking installs/gfwl updates. but that's me, i got tired of experimenting -- i just put the shields back up asap.

I checked my firewall and it was off the whole time. I downloaded the update offline and still it gives me the same problem

maybe email GFWL with screenshots of the problem. i haven't played GTA IV online in almost a year, after it started nagging me to attach my user profile to the game...

maybe email GFWL with screenshots of the problem. i haven't played GTA IV online in almost a year, after it started nagging me to attach my user profile to the game...

Hmmm... good idea. I'll look into that. Thanks for the help guys icon14.gif

Did you check your ports? Did you install the game or GFWL update manually?