GTA 5 'Delayed' To December 2012

v-man

Will Rockstar and Take Two launch Grand Theft Auto 5 before the end of 2012? The jury's still out.

(Published on Apr 18, 2012)

GTA 5 will probably remain well under wraps at Rockstar until the developer gets the awesome-looking Max Payne 3 out of the door in May, but two new rumours have hit the internet on when exactly we might see what's shaping up to be the most ambitious Grand Theft Auto game to date.

The first is a report on Dutch site InsideGamer which citing a 'freelancer' says that GTA 5 has been postponed from an October release date until December 2012.

Meanwhile, magazine PSM3 predicts a hugely-specific 9 March 2013 release date for the next GTA game.

Which sounds most likely? Will Rockstar break it's recent tradition of May release dates for its biggest franchise? Have your say below!

source: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1327013/gta_5...ate_rumour.html

GhostFaze64

It would be nice for it to come out this year and all, but, R* loves teasing us for months on end.

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing will happen on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

Chill out children, wipe your tears

This has been posted before. This is exactly what you said it was, a rumor and speculation, therefore, like all the other rumor and speculation topics, this will be locked.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

This is rockstar were talking about, obviously GTA V is going to get delayed.

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

GhostFaze64
This is rockstar were talking about, obviously GTA V is going to get delayed.

Wouldn't be surprised if it already has.

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing will happen on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

Chill out children, wipe your tears

Supernutz40

*gasp* ur not using hydraulic warriors official leaks thread?!?

OT:if its not delayed already, I'm sure it will be. It's a huge game, they always gonna find something to fix or improve on.

Why are you so stupid to listen to these rumors?

If someone registers on this forum, and on the same day posts some rumours, claiming they have a friend or relative who works for R*, those people, no, i wouldnt trust them.

However, if noone comes out screaming with a rumor, and it is told to some gaming site, i will trust this a little sooner.

I dont say i trust this, but its more probable than the rumors i have seen so far. Plus it is a very possible scenario.

[ultimate]

V already has been delayed imo, and they will delay it once again when they launch the release date for the public.

Is there anywhere that states the release date history of rockstar. I cant remember the last time they release a game on the initial release date and I would really like to see just how many games have been delayed and how many have been released on time

ShnePmW.jpg?5

It would be nice for it to come out this year and all, but, R* loves teasing us for months on end.

Lack of information is not this idea of "likes to tease us", the Trailer is a sign GTA is forthcoming, but they work long and hard within their creations of the games, they don't base operations around the public or stockholders, Quarterlies, etc.

The main goal of the company, ROCKSTAR (not Take2), is to make sure the successive game can live up to expectations, they also seem to move demands onto any issue that is most pressing, which is likely true in the case that Max Payne is getting the more frantic attention up to pending release

That could mean some who work on another game have to focus attention to MP just to get it in on time, and still have progress for GTA being made. We don't know the true dynamics, but what has leaked before from the studio standpoint suggests the Housers DO work like that, or did

Cole Phelps Gta

The funny thing about rumors........ Their never usually true (in this case)

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Wasn't the March 9th date ruled out as a typo/editing error?

Delay is not a good thing, another one will occur and another one...

All fu*king rumors I believe, Why in the f**k would they delay a game that far down the projected release path, there's no good answer, I ain't buyin this horsesh*t,

sorry for my language, but that's that

Pilotmonkey
Delay is not a good thing, another one will occur and another one...

All fu*king rumors I believe, Why in the f**k would they delay a game that far down the projected release path, there's no good answer, I ain't buyin this horsesh*t,

sorry for my language, but that's that

You have a point i agree

Forumrunner

I honestly don't care. I can wait. I want the game to be perfect, and if that takes some time, so be it.

Dijital Binali

There is not even a certain release date, how can they delay a date that doesn't even exist?

InstantCClassic

Just stop with the bullsh*t rumors and f'n wait. Sorry for the language, but damn.

EncryptedReality

It's as if you guys made up your own game of V announcements(delays tounge.gif

Seriously, it's coming in early 2013 , my thinking.

Same old rumors... March 9 is not possible because it's a Saturday. Unless they're talking about Tuesday, March 9, 2021.

I think it's a 50% chance that they will just like every other gta but for this game I have hope and I think that this will be on time because they probably started this game right after gta 4 if not then a couple of months delay. I see no reason for them to have delayed this game appart form tha fact to get it more wanted.

" Theres a switch, I flip, emotions cut off, so cold that I froze my butt off, And this ain't even the tip of the ice berg yet"

Eminem

ballsdeep30

GTA V has been pushed back until August 2014 along with Red Dead Rebellion pushed back until JAN 2014.

StellarFish20

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the whole March 9th date that PSM3 put out was pretty much thrown out when they said it was an error due to them having no editor or something along those lines, on their facebook, I think?

I wouldn't take any 2012 release date as a delay so I hope this "delay" is true.

The__Phoenix

The release date will be october or march/april 2013 but never december, this don´t have any sense. Anyways nowgamer is plenty of bullsh*t and this rumour is only one more.

How can it be delayed if there is no release date to begin with? If they've been talking about putting it out in October amongst themselves, confidentially, it's still just a ballpoint figure..... nothing is set in stone until it's public information.

Who's to say - GTA3 was originally going to be released in October 1973 but it got delayed until 2001.

Capricornus
I honestly don't care. I can wait. I want the game to be perfect, and if that takes some time, so be it.

Just because a game takes a long time to be released does not mean it will be "perfect" or close to it. But yes, I do not mind waiting either.

caprisig.jpg