Max Payne 3 users rewarded with GTA 5 goodies

kill1uk

Max Payne 3 users rewarded with GTA 5 goodies

Those of you who are looking forward to Rockstar’s new titles will be pleased to know that if you pre-order Max Payne 3 at Future Shop you will be rewarded with $20 towards GTA V, and you will also get the first paid DLC, although we have no information on what is involved in this downloadable content. We do have some informative news of an official ‘Max Payne’ comic book on the way, which has Rockstar Games team up with Marvel for a three-part original digital comic series based upon the upcoming game.

Referring to the news about the pre-order bonuses, it seems that if you reserve your Max Payne 3 copy with Future Shop, Best Buy USA, or Best Buy Canada the $20 off voucher on your receipt allows you to present this when GTA V is launched to receive your discount. Reporting on this, Trendy Gamers also has a link for Reward Zone members to get up to a $20 gift card back via Best Buy USA only. As far as the comic book is concerned MSNBC.com document the story being written by Dan Houser, one of the co-founders of Rockstar, and Sam Lake, who wrote the script for the original “Max Payne” games.

The artist involved will be Fernando Blanco who is known for his work on cover art for various Marvel titles and the three-issue limited series takes a look into Max Payne with insightful knowledge concerning the events of the first two games and what this has amounted to in the upcoming sequel. The early years of Max will also be divulged tying up the three stories and the first known as After the Fall will be released in the coming weeks according to Rockstar, and for free, through the Rockstar Newswire, the official “Max Payne 3″ website, and other comic channels.

A couple of weeks ago we spoke about the new Max Payne game being full of action, although we also mentioned that some have suggested it lacks atmosphere and this could be due to the new environment, with a feeling that New York is a better location for that Noir feel. In relation to Grand Theft Auto V we recently wrote about what the real GTA 5 villain needs and listed things like updated weapons for all characters, especially for the police and ruthless enemies. Customization of weapons would be nice and the same goes for the vehicles, which could include cool gadgets, bulletproof glass and features like that seen in games like Twisted Metal.

Maybe you are a Max Payne fan that could be enticed into the world of Grand Theft Auto or vice versa. Will you be making the most of this great pre-order offer?

SOURCE

Mister Pink

Ouch! can you change the colour of the text please? biggrin.gif

Could be their own promotion, but sounds interesting. I did see something about another Max Payne project, perhaps it's a movie? I can't recall the details, but I still think they won't do movies, but some do

http://movies.about.com/od/maxpayne/a/maxpayne101308_4.htm

Either way, I'm not sold on buying Mp3, but I am buying GTA V, I think we ALL ARE!!

Edited by Slamman

yh im going to buy gta when i searched new info for gta this cam up so i thought i post it for you lot

It sounds like a promotion that Best Buy and Futureshop are doing themselves. I doubt that Rockstar are that worried about Max Payne 3's sales that they'd throw in an incentive like that.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

Hell Yes! i f*ckin love Rockstar, i was going to buy MP3 anyways. this is awesome, buy a great game and get 20 bucks off the greatest game! biggrin.gif

If this is Rockstar's doing then it just further proves that they are using our anticipation and devotion for the GTA series as a tool to take our money for other games.

If you want to buy MP3 then thats fine. But I have no intention on getting that game. Doesnt look the least bit enjoyable to me. So this little ploy to get me to buy a game that I dont want seems like a sh*tty way to treat a fan of a series.

Pressuring a consumer into buying a product they may not want by withholding or controlling another product that they do want is shady. I would expect this from Apple not Rockstar

ShnePmW.jpg?5

You Anti Max Payne pundits better realize, it's still Rockstar Games and didn't RDR offer everything Rockstar is known for, in spades? It's not likely it will offer that Open World component, but the graphics and games action and animation should be on par with all their advances in game design

You Anti Max Payne pundits better realize, it's still Rockstar Games and didn't RDR offer everything Rockstar is known for, in spades? It's not likely it will offer that Open World component, but the graphics and games action and animation should be on par with all their advances in game design

Im not anti-max payne.

I just dont want it. It doesnt look appealing to me.

I AM anti "shove MP3 down my throat and tell me if I dont digest it then I will pay more money for GTA V"

ShnePmW.jpg?5

No one here is actually forcing you to buy the game at gun-point, maybe Rockstar is, maybe the retailers, but we aren't. Being hostile on the game here is bad, since we support Rockstar for all their work, they won't be perfect, either with GTA or some other software IP

EncryptedReality

Maybe you'll get a condo in Malibu if you purchase Max Payne 3 on the release date.

Seriously dozingoff.gif

I don't think this has anything to do with Rockstar, even if they do reap the benefits of more MP3 sales. These stores are just cashing in for extra pre-orders of MP3 by promising a voucher. Money off is nothing to complain about, it's not like it's extra content that you're missing out on.

It's getting you to opt-in to buy from them, whenever the title drops, so they mark you as a full sale ahead of time! HA!

It's just pre-ordering Max Payne 3, with $20 off of GTA V and the first pre-order DLC (probably) for Max Payne 3.

It's not true. The offer is if you buy Max Payne 3, you get the first DLC free. See for yourself. Nothing to do with GTA V. Just a promotion put on by the retailers.