Sound Design

_SMOKEY_

What I think Rockstar should really work on is Sound Design, nothing is worse than being in a shootout, where everyone's 9mm sounds the same, or idk about you guys, but I thought that almost all the cars sounded almost the same when accelerating. It would make the game much more immersive for us if each car had different reaction times and engine sounds and have one pistol sound a bit different from the other. What I really liked about BoGT was the sound of the explosions coming from the buzzard from far away, it really sounded natural unlike explosions from rpg's and grenades which sound pretty much the same.

What sounds annoyed you guys? personally it was the sound of the glocks that all the officers had.

I hated the stupid remarks pedestrians made in the previous GTA's. III was real annoying, and in IV there were still annoying comments peds made.

I mean thats not realistic now is it? if i walk down the street where i live i dont hear people saying: my mothers my sister or stuff like that.

[ultimate]

Yeah, I got really sick of the stupid sh*t people said in GTAIV. That kind of stuff should've stayed with the III era GTAS.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

I thought that almost all the cars sounded almost the same when accelerating.

Completely disagree, dude.

If you accelerate an Infernus you will note an immense difference than if you accelerate an Esperanto or a Biff.

The guns sounded very different and each one had a very unique blast.

R* improved a lot the sound effects in IV from previous GTAs, but of course they could do something much better for V.

Original Light

One thing I hated about the GTA III era is the fact that all the sirens sounded like they were recorded off of toy cars and trucks. Except GTA III, the sirens sounded awsome in GTA III (for the Police vehicles). GTA IV improved on the sirens, so that's another +. We heard the siren for a brief second in the GTA V Trailer, and from what I heard, it sounds pretty realistic.

I thought that almost all the cars sounded almost the same when accelerating.

Completely disagree, dude.

If you accelerate an Infernus you will note an immense difference than if you accelerate an Esperanto or a Biff.

The guns sounded very different and each one had a very unique blast.

R* improved a lot the sound effects in IV from previous GTAs, but of course they could do something much better for V.

ALMOST all the cars did, except for a few exceptions such as the infernus, but even then they still kind of sound the same when accelarating, not in terms of sound but the way that they accelerated

Oh, I see there are still people who see GTAIV as a realistic game. Interesting.

GhostFaze64

This is the most moronic thread I have ever come across on here.

Congratulations Alaaannnn, you moron. cookie.gif

Edited by GhostFaze64

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing will happen on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

Chill out children, wipe your tears

This is the most moronic thread I have ever come across here.

Congratulations Alaaannnn, you moron.

cookie.gif

and why is that?

GhostFaze64

cookie.gif

and why is that?

Because you can't expect them to make a unique sound for every different car and weapon.

That's a lot of work.

They should focus on other things like the cop system.

#FACT:Nothing will happen on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

cookie.gif

and why is that?

Because you can't expect them to make a unique sound for every different car and weapon.

That's a lot of work.

They should focus on other things like the cop system.

I kind of agree that you can't have them all unique, but, there was only like 14 guns in the original IV, it shouldn't be that hard to make them a bit varied. not to the point where each one you pick up is different, but enough so that when you're in a gun fight, it sounds a bit more varied than hearing the same popping sounds coming from every direction

GhostFaze64

Good to see that you understand.

The moron thing is just a joke, btw.

I hated the stupid remarks pedestrians made in the previous GTA's. III was real annoying, and in IV there were still annoying comments peds made.

I mean thats not realistic now is it? if i walk down the street where i live i dont hear people saying: my mothers my sister or stuff like that.

[ultimate]

Are you serious!?

That's what makes GTA so great! I f*cking LOVED the comments the pedestrians made. Please, i don't want R* to make GTA super serious.

GhostFaze64

[ultimate]

Are you serious!?

That's what makes GTA so great! I f*cking LOVED the comments the pedestrians made. Please, i don't want R* to make GTA super serious.

Exactly.

Thank god, you understand.

[ultimate]

Are you serious!?

Exactly.

Yeah i know, its debatable, maybe if its not there anymore, i will start to miss it.

[ultimate]

hockeysauce

Agreed w/ stee_vo... the pedestrian comments, and internet, billboards, etc, are what separate GTA from the rest...

There may come a day when a company releases a game that has more options, better graphics, better story than a GTA, but R* are kings when it comes to the satirical content in their game. To me, it's half the reason I love it... 50% the game itself, 50% the content.

If I could get the recordings of all the radio stations from all the games on an mp3 I would, and listen to it in my car all day. Friggin' hysterical.

[ultimate]

DAFUQ MAN? Are you kidding me? If they take that from GTA part of the fun will be gone...

[ultimate]

Are you serious!?

Exactly.

Yeah i know, its debatable, maybe if its not there anymore, i will start to miss it.

[ultimate]

Exactly wink.gif You don't know how much you love something until it's gone!

Also, a gunfight with 9mm pistols sounds like a construction site in the distance.

The sports car sounds were pretty disappointing in GTA IV they were just so silent and your car didn't feel powerful, but the Sultan RS on the other hand...

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

The pedestrian comments, the stupid radio commercials, etc. This is what adds the atmosphere to a GTA game. The whole intention is to take the piss out of american pop culture and stereotypes. One of the biggest aspects of a GTA game is the humour, if they made peds talk about the weather or where they are going shopping, then they may aswell just mute the peds altogether, because it completely reverses the theme of GTA, to a bland and boring Sims like experience.

IV had a huge sound improvement. If I remember correctly, each gun sound was recorded and edited seperately, and each gun has a variation of blast sounds so it's not just the same tone. I didn't think the cars sounded the same at all, I was actually very impressed with the engine sounds. Take a look at Vice City's car sounds, it's like something from dubstep. For V they can only improve in all aspects of gameplay.

Ever since Vice City included DTS, and the move to Dolby Digital for basically all game surround in discrete, I am very pleased and happy with their sound design, as posted in a few threads of this type, Red Dead Red gets major kudos, if you've not heard the game in surround or with headphones, you are advised to do so