R.I.P Dick Clark

ghost of delete key

ghost of delete key

Say goodbye to a legend...

Dick Clark died earlier today. The famed TV producer was 82.

Paul Shefrin, a rep for the entertainment legend, told ABC News his client suffered a "massive heart attack." According to TMZ, Clark was at St. John’s hospital in Los Angeles for an outpatient procedure when the heart attack occurred. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/dick-clark-dead-at-82.html...

I wonder who will replace him for New Year's Eve festivities?

cryani.gif

scagv35.jpg

"I can just imagine him driving off the edge of a cliff like Thelma & Louise, playing his Q:13 mix at full volume, crying into a bottle." - Craig

Ryan Seacrest.

Also, RIP.

clEsyRO.gif

Ryan Seacrest.

Also, RIP.

wut!? NO! Anywho R.I.P. dude, you died in the 70's but ya had kung-fu grip. Godspeed, legend.

Watching CNN's report on him at the moment, AMAZING milestones in music and broadcasting, you have to respect what's he's done, ICON of pop culture

skrillarilla

it will be doomsday if ryan seacrest does it he is NO great for anything in my opinion. itll ruin the tradition of new years eve. he makes everything so boring

I have that Philadelphia attachment thing, and always wondered how the rest of the country saw Dick Clark.

Thanks for American Bandstand and such. Without AB the doors wouldn't have opened for shows like Dancing on Air and stuff.

user posted image

oh well.

at least we still have that gay old man and that gay middle-aged woman for New Years....

user posted image

She (Kathy Griffin) maybe a friend to all gays, but that silver haired 45 year old guy (Anderson Cooper) with his own morning talk show now, and his CNN spot?! He's doing fairly well, but I am in agreement that Ryan Seacrest is SUPER ANNOYING and he'll never fill Dick Clark's shoes. Basically, no one ever will as far as what we have now.

PF on ABS

http://videosift.com/video/Apples-and-Oran...rican-Bandstand

http://www.sydbarrett.net/sbaforum2/viewto...8f159d7dc2597e6

Dead link there, this touches on the not so great PF appearance as Syd was fading out from drugs at that time

Edited by Slamman

King Mystery

I guess all the 2012 hype wasn't just a scam... no Dick Clark = no New Year's. We're all doomed!

On a more serious note, RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't yell at me for this bump. Ok...yell at me if you must.

Sure, Dick is long dead now. Sure, I should have posted this when it was relevant to current events. The thing is I totally forgot about it until today when a co-worker reminded me of the bit.

Here is Dick Clark on the old Batman and Robbin show...showing some Philadelphia pride.