What do you NOT want to see in V?

showtime416

showtime416

Ok, so we have a thread talking about our wishlist, but I wanted to know what everybody doesn't want in V? It could be something from IV, that you may not have liked, or a feature, or mission, anything.

Personally I would like GTA V to not have as many repetitive missions as IV had, IV if you played it a few times after you beat it, you would realize it's the same thing you do over and over again, "go kill this person" you chase them in there car, shoot at them, then done. I would actually prefer if the story were deeper and more focused on the actual story rather than these missions to kill time and eventually get to the story (i.e. Manny missions, Elizabeta, Phil Bell, etc.) all of these people had missions which just wasted time from the actual story.

1whitebuddah

i think because of the location and involvement of planes(hopefully) it will open up a lot more possibilities in term of missions

i hope the police system gets scraped, i lked the old way of invading the police instead of that circle, i was always looking at my map to see if i had escaped them, where as with the other system you just had to look at the star flashing which was easier imo

Racecarlock

sh*t from mafia II. Seriously, most of the game is driving and sitting in traffic. The cars are not fun to drive, and I have to f*cking follow traffic laws. And then there was the prison chapter which made me clean toilets. f*ck that. Then, immediately when I get out of prison, I get another point to point driving mission to bury a body with two drunk men in the car hijacking my f*cking radio so I can't even change the station. This is the only game that took away so much choice that I couldn't even control my radio for a chapter. Then, it has me standing in the back of the truck, picking out correctly colored cigarettes for a business mission. I had to match the cigarette package color the customers ordered. That's it. When I picked the color, my guy would toss the pack to his friend to let him sell it.

These are not missions I want to see in V. I will not clean toilets in a video game ever again. Especially not in a bland, boring, and depressing prison. f*ck that.

No more depressing fat eastern Europeans please

Niko wasnt fat, was he?

[ultimate]

He had a bit of a beer belly and love handles, he probably had hairy man tits hidden beneath his shirt

Niko wasnt fat, was he?

[ultimate]

He had a bit of a beer belly and love handles, he probably had hairy man tits hidden beneath his shirt

Niko was cool and Eastern Europeans are too you racist bitch.

Sneakerhead.

Long start up times! angry.gif

I would be playing free mode, and sometimes the cars would take so long too start up I would get killled! suicidal.gif

Racecarlock

Helicopter's in free mode.

I disagree. Have 3 options for the helicopter spawns. No helicopters, armed helicopters, and unarmed helicopters. This way, you can still fly around, but with no weapons in case one feels like being a trolling douche.

Also have that option in the multiplayer preferences menu.

Niko wasnt fat, was he?

[ultimate]

Erm, that's not racism. That's far from racism.

+1 biggrin.gif None of this depressing "nitty gritty" getting screwed over on every mission story.

Honest Bill

The whole friendship/girlfriend thing.. It's incredibly boring to have to sit through all that stuff.

I also don't want any half arsed features, which all GTAs have had, like being able to pick up bottles and bricks for absolutely no reason beyond the confines of one single, short, tedious mission.

Or being offered drugs and having the option to say no, or yes (although with strong overtones of NO)

Or having great ideas like the leveling up of gang members, like in TLAD, but making it incredibly shallow and adds nothing to the gameplay.

There are more examples of things Rockstar flrted with, which were just poorly implemented and tacked on just for the sake of it, which did very little to advance gameplay or narrative, or character development, or anything.

I don't want Multiplayer free roam to be incredibly boring and just a game of TDM without scores.

I don't want a hackneyed character who is trying to leave the criminal world behind him but keeps getting pulled back in, does anyone agree that one is a little bit overdone?

I don't want poor shooting mechanics (although 3rd person is extremely limiting i admit)

I don't want big interesting locations that look like you should be able to access them, but inexplicably you can't.

I don't want weak customisation options, this is unforgivable given the precedent they set with San Andreas.

I don't want a whacky cop spawn system, or telepathic cops, Rockstar have been missing some awesome potential for creating tension by overhauling their system of evading the law.

I don't want to fly through my windscreen all the time when i crash... That one got old really, really quickly.

The whole friendship/girlfriend thing.. It's incredibly boring to have to sit through all that stuff.

I also don't want any half arsed features, which all GTAs have had, like being able to pick up bottles and bricks for absolutely no reason beyond the confines of one single, short, tedious mission.

Or being offered drugs and having the option to say no, or yes (although with strong overtones of NO)

Or having great ideas like the leveling up of gang members, like in TLAD, but making it incredibly shallow and adds nothing to the gameplay.

There are more examples of things Rockstar flrted with, which were just poorly implemented and tacked on just for the sake of it, which did very little to advance gameplay or narrative, or character development, or anything.

I don't want Multiplayer free roam to be incredibly boring and just a game of TDM without scores.

I don't want a hackneyed character who is trying to leave the criminal world behind him but keeps getting pulled back in, does anyone agree that one is a little bit overdone?

I don't want poor shooting mechanics (although 3rd person is extremely limiting i admit)

I don't want big interesting locations that look like you should be able to access them, but inexplicably you can't.

I don't want weak customisation options, this is unforgivable given the precedent they set with San Andreas.

I don't want a whacky cop spawn system, or telepathic cops, Rockstar have been missing some awesome potential for creating tension by overhauling their system of evading the law.

I don't want to fly through my windscreen all the time when i crash... That one got old really, really quickly.

Slap a +1 to that, everything that bugs me in one simple post!

I'd add on;

None of this stupid 'fallen angel*' crap with regards to the protagonist either, it's tiresome and boring.

*angel defined as being perhaps a little dodgy but trying to justify 250 murders etc by saying the people deserved it.

Cole Phelps Gta

Repetative missions like in IV

People want realism though. In order for that to happen the missions must be Repetative. E.g go kill this guy because that's what hitman do in real life.

If gta v is realistic every mission will be ''drive here wait 2 hours shot guy when he leaves his house run away'' Then answer police questions when they show up at your house 1 hour after the murder. If they have witness's or proof you did it. It's game over you go to prison and have to play the whole game over again

That's not even getting into traffic laws sigh.gif

Sorry for the rant this realism sh*t is doing my head in. I'm trying to be positive it's just hard reading these realism posts the ideas are ludacris

Edited by Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Friends who can't accept an "another time" response without making it awkward. Friendships were a nice feature in IV but annoying too.

Niko wasnt fat, was he?

[ultimate]

Erm, that's not racism. That's far from racism.

Discrimination is the proper word*.

Same thing, more or less, though.

OT:

sh*tty headlight's. I know this is not a large problem at all, but I hate the headlight's in IV. They look last gen and extremely unrealistic. Just an overall eye sore, in this case.

V seem's to have improved on this, but not fully... for example - left is bad and right is good:

user posted image

ShotGunRain

Stuff that waste space like the TV shows/cartoons. Roller coasters that can't be ridden.

sh*tty headlight's. I know this is not a large problem at all, but I hate the headlight's in IV. They look last gen and extremely unrealistic. Just an overall eye sore, in this case.

Have you tried turning them up to full beam? They look much better that way.

1whitebuddah
Repetative missions like in IV

People want realism though. In order for that to happen the missions must be Repetative. E.g go kill this guy because that's what hitman do in real life.

If gta v is realistic every mission will be ''drive here wait 2 hours shot guy when he leaves his house run away'' Then answer police questions when they show up at your house 1 hour after the murder. If they have witness's or proof you did it. It's game over you go to prison and have to play the whole game over again

That's not even getting into traffic laws sigh.gif

Sorry for the rant this realism sh*t is doing my head in. I'm trying to be positive it's just hard reading these realism posts the ideas are ludacris

icon14.gificon14.gif yep this realism bullsh*t pisses me off, just because rockstar mentioned realism in an interview people seem to think there trying to replicate everyday life, and then they start suggesting bullsh*t like, sleeping in game or paying out insurance or even refueling our cars which is stupid

grand theft auto series are funny cause there are unrealistic features. just sayin, i prefer animated movements and etc (like gta vc, sa...) than realistic features. For realism you have real life.

I don't always post or send PMs but, when I do, it's spam.

BANHAMMER

enjoithepain

I dont want gray to be the only color used on 90% of the map...looks like v is using vivid colors tho and looks great

Cole Phelps Gta
Car washes, most useless thing ever.

The fact the cars didn't get dirty made it pointless well..... maybe they did but never enough to justify going out of your way to clean it. Plus my cars are totalled after about 2 mins of driving them smile.gif

So yes, you're right their pointless in gta. Maybe if this was the III era they would work. In san andreas after completing the game 100% every car carl johnson drives the damage is increased by 100% If they could introduce something similar. Car washes wouldn't be pointless espically if the cars got dirty quickly

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Car washes, most useless thing ever.

The fact the cars didn't get dirty made it pointless well..... maybe they did but never enough to justify going out of your way to clean it. Plus my cars are totalled after about 2 mins of driving them smile.gif

It bloody well was noticeable! Spotless cruising vehicles became flecked with horrible mud, so either remove that feature or keep the car washes. Can't look snazzy if your Infernus is stained brown.

U R B A N I T A S

all-the-same-fu*king-buildings-colours-tones-that-make-them-look-all-the-same-and-indistinguishable

I don't always post or send PMs but, when I do, it's spam.

BANHAMMER

A story.

Just kidding, the GTA Series has a great story. I just wanted to see how many of you can't realize this.