Amazing 3D environment.

RamKaNam

Please don't lock for reason being off topic. I am posting this video because I and I hope many other gamers need a beautiful scene in game. LIKE THIS!

Yeah, I want this type of game! Can anyone suggest me? Graphics may be bit lower but I need free roam with this environment. Only for pc.

inlove.gif Can't wait for next gen.

Man, the next gen is almost here and the only way it can approach something like shown above is by playing a youtube video.

Well, on my second observation that animation is nothing extra, it may very well be doable lol

Thanks for posting this video. It is a nice reminder of what we can hope will be farm scenes in GTAV. It is reminiscent of RDR. Well done work for an individual artist.

The cool thing is that you can download that game engine, Unity3D, for free http://unity3d.com/create-games/.

Unity is on its way up, as a do-it-yourself game engine that serious designers are using for simulation and training. So there should be a growing library of 3D objects that you can get for free, or (of cource) buy, to make realistic environments.

You can get an appreciation for the art in GTA, by dabbling in these design environments.

"I and I"?! Are we channeling Lil Jacob??

ha ha

It's just not likely that Rockstar will have someone else's engine, they will want to use RAGE to get some life out of it, but yeah, some photo realism is coming to gaming, no question

The_Mario_Man

Maybe there's something wrong with my sight, but this doesn't look extraordinarily better than a lot of the games I own right now. The whole video only having 4 different tree models doesn't help much.

What we've seen in the GTA V trailer alone looks leagues better than IV so far, so I've got no complaints.

Thanks for your responses guys, actually I am not showing the graphics, models or else. I am trying to show the farm scene which I am many other members want in GTA V.

spiderman3000

Maybe there's something wrong with my sight, but this doesn't look extraordinarily better than a lot of the games I own right now. The whole video only having 4 different tree models doesn't help much.

What we've seen in the GTA V trailer alone looks leagues better than IV so far, so I've got no complaints.

I second that. I too have no idea why people are saying the graphics are "next-gen". They're better than most games but no way are they extraordinary.

As for the farm scene, its pretty kickass looking

As with disagreements over the GTA IV pre-release trailer and stills, I think the game looks pretty spot on, with some differences, but minor, nothing major. It looks thus far like the location change is what makes GTA V seem more evolved graphically, but I can see similarities that are common when you know it's Rockstar North and the same artists who worked on the others. Consider how it really wasn't a graphically superior game in years past.

We've come along way, baby!

Lucky Sevens

Those graphics are nothing special. Looked pretty much like RDR, probably not even as good.

GTA V will have even crisper environments than this.

"I and I"?! Are we channeling Lil Jacob??

ha ha

That's what I thought too, lol. But he said that he hopes many other gamers need a beautiful scene like this in a game, just like him.

On second thought, it doesn't look so special, yes.

Technically impressive but it looks very dull. When the technology gets there I would love if they could make the graphics exactly like IV's concept art. I'm sure a vast majority of fans would hate it at first but games that rely on stylish graphics rather than realism are among the best looking games of their gen not to mention they tend look great years after their release some good examples are

-Crash bandicoot 1-3

-Wind waker

-Killer 7

-Team fortress 2

GTAViscool1

watching GTA 4 and GTA 5 trailer.

My opinion: GTA 5 graphs ftw.

Watching this and GTA 5 graphs.

My opinion: f*ck gta 5 graphics :')

G1T

Finn 7 five 11

Those graphics are nothing special.  Looked pretty much like RDR, probably not even as good.

GTA V will have even crisper environments than this.

What the hell? How is that video in anyway representative of great graphics?

The Wheat and the trees still looked 2 dimensional like flimsy pieces of plastic just like trees in every other game.

Tell me how those graphics are any better than these screenshots.

Uncharted 3 -

user posted image

Same Photo ^ Just under even closer scrutiny blown up 3 times as big and it looks even better close up.

http://wallpaper4me.com/images/wallpapers/...arted_3_w1.jpeg

RDR

user posted image

God Of war

user posted image

Battlefield 3

user posted image

So i dunno about you guys, but that video looks worse than the latest games graphics, and as for the mountains, the mountains in the V trailer look just as good.

i laughed when watching the video. seriously? this type of graphics are obtainable in almost every new game.

Wait, I am not talking about graphics! I am talking about the farm/village/countryside environment!

THEMANatwar

Check out Outerra. Its basically a rendered height map of the earth that looks really good.

Pics:

user posted image

user posted image

I have that, it's only beautiful from far away. When you are on land, you will never see anything ugly thing that that! It's damn slow. Truck physics are worst, even that NES games where good in physics.

ShotGunRain

I know this one is not for gaming, but still wish sometime we get to use this kind of graphics in future.

RDR has pretty much achieved the best quality of graphics already. That video is nice, but in all honesty, is'nt better than RDR, and RDR is far more complex and diverse in it's map. I 'm not sure how much better graphics can possibly get. Sure there is room for improvement, but i'm pretty impressed by today's standards.

OOOPS! I just took a peek at the water video above, and HOLY SH*T! That is incredible! I'm not so impressed by "today's standards" anymore, lol.

Edited by 73duster

RDR has pretty much achieved the best quality of graphics already. That video is nice, but in all honesty, is'nt better than RDR, and RDR is far more complex and diverse in it's map. I 'm not sure how much better graphics can possibly get. Sure there is room for improvement, but i'm pretty impressed by today's standards.

Agree by your comments. RDR was the revolution but the problem was they was failed with physics but as I always say, every start is bad but when it goes further, history is made. I was too sad they was not able to make RDR for PC. It's there attitude or fear of piracy but they failed.

hockeysauce

Agree by your comments. RDR was the revolution but the problem was they was failed with physics but as I always say, every start is bad but when it goes further, history is made. I was too sad they was not able to make RDR for PC. It's there attitude or fear of piracy but they failed.

How did RDR "fail" with the physics?

I thought the physics were fine... not perfect of course, but what is?

Shooting a horse in the face and watching the horse go down, and the riders go flying, was amazing. Or catching a running animal at full speed, and watching the body slide down a hill and come to a stop, all looked very, very good to me.

Shooting a horse in the face and watching the horse go down, and the riders go flying, was amazing. Or catching a running animal at full speed, and watching the body slide down a hill and come to a stop, all looked very, very good to me.

I am talking about how good GTA IV physics was compared to RDR. Also RDR was after GTA IV! Actually, I am not telling them bad but they was needed to improved!

I hope GTA V have real life like environment and physics!

hockeysauce

I am talking about how good GTA IV physics was compared to RDR. Also RDR was after GTA IV! Actually, I am not telling them bad but they was needed to improved!

I hope GTA V have real life like environment and physics!

You thought the GTA IV physics were better than RDRs?

Am I missing something here?

hockeysauce

Do you call that good physics?

Yeah, at first glance, I do...

I'm at work, so youtube is blocked, but I watched it on my iPhone and it looked alright to me... I'll give it another look when I get home, to get a bigger, better quality picture, but off first look the physics looked fine (not perfect, but good) to me...

What are your specific complaints about it?

Edit: Notice how neither of us has called each other an idiot yet, or belittled the other's opinion? It's called a discussion people. A lot of you need practice at it.

The mountains in that video is faked (in that they're textures off in the distance within a cube map), whereas the ones in GTAV are real 3d meshes rendered in real time! I actually thought, from what we've seen so far with the countryside, that GTAV looks impressive and better than this. The Unity engine really doesn't compare with RAGE on the graphics front, but definitely is great for what it is doing best as a middleware engine with ease of access.