Map design?

Iroquois

I believe this topic deserves a thread of its own:

We have all seen similar(but not all) landmarks in V that were in SA(not vice versa) but the thing is those landmarks seen in both games are parodies of real-life locations.

Thanks to this thread: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=491242

we have mapped out some(and a small) part of V.

Now, after replaying the V trailer, i noticed something interesting:

Watch 1:06 - 1:08

Dont recognize this neighborhood?

Let me refresh your memory:

http://gta.wikia.com/Jefferson_Motel

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3IO83BEOqdI/S_Zv.../s1600/tags.gif where the number 62 is(right hand side)

To me, this clearly looks like the jefferson motel.A mixture of in-game and real life locations? Now, now of course,all GTA's had this but for the previous GTA's they just simply borrowed the shape of the "islands" or piece of land. added the typical districts corresponding to that kind of neighborhood and basically filled in the interior of the islands with random yet orignal buildings whilst including the correctly situated landmark positions.

Im thinking into this much or could that location I'm referring to could really be the jefferson motel(or something that is meant to resemble it)

P.s. currently this forums search is down(well, only when i checked before i started this thread), so sorry in advance if this has been posted.

Edit: lol i just checked the gta wikia after i wrote this entire thread that in the trivia section; its been said that it resembles the motel im referring to; however wikias can be altered by anyone, so it seems someone else recognized this location too? Could they add famous SA locations in V for nostalgic reasons? Opinions on the matter?

The motel has a flat top unlike the building in the trailer which has a clearly old (meaning it wasn't installed after GTA SA) "regular" rooftop. Also, in the trailer there is a pool in the middle of the motel (I think, it looks like a pool to me)

The only way they look alike is the U shape and the staircase. From what I've seen in the movies it's a pretty common look for motels in America

Billy Benedict

Sorry buddy but 1) we already talked about the jefforson in the mapping ls topic

And 2) rockstar never just makes up buildings

The motel has a flat top unlike the building in the trailer which has a clearly old (meaning it wasn't installed after GTA SA) "regular" rooftop. Also, in the trailer there is a pool in the middle of the motel (I think, it looks like a pool to me)

The only way they look alike is the U shape and the staircase. From what I've seen in the movies it's a pretty common look for motels in America

Whenever Rockstar decides to remake a game like with the LC and VC series they do retain popular or well known buildings from previous games but they do make adjustments or give them a face lift. And even so, if it were meant to be the exact same motel, SA happened in 92 whereas this game seems like it will take place 2010-2013.

Sorry buddy but 1) we already talked about the jefforson in the mapping ls topic

And 2) rockstar never just makes up buildings

2.) Never makes up buildings?? They borrow the same layout of a neighborhood and/or reduce the scale, but they dont use replicas or real life buildings/apartment houses, etc. Real life new york city doesnt 100% look like IV's portrayal lol.

1.) Oh, like i said in the OP, the search button wasnt working before i attempted to create a thread on this; if this was really mentioned before, can you post a link to it?

First off, its an apartment not a motel, secondly: Jefferson=Watts, while this place=Baldwin Hills. That's all that needs to be said, because I don't understand this claim anymore.

First off, its an apartment not a motel, secondly: Jefferson=Watts, while this place=Baldwin Hills. That's all that needs to be said, because I don't understand this claim anymore.

I would call it whatever it is; if GTA called it a motel, i will call it a motel.

To clarify and sum up the point(s) of my original post:

1. V will have a mix of real life locations(with exact models) and original in-game buildings' models(possibly from SA)

2. The "Jefferson Motel" from San Andreas very closely resembles the appearance of the motel/aparment(whatever you want to call it) that we see in the trailer.

3. Whenever GTA reuses very specific locations of same city/state, they tend to not make it look Exactly like it did whenever it was last portrayed in another GTA game.

4. My question was then: Do you think it looks like it called be the newer/updated version of the jefferson motel(from SA Not, real-life). If it is, they also may have given it a new name to it.

5. What other areas do you think/hope would of gotten this treatment?

6. Did you see areas like this in the trailer that most of us missed?

7. Do you agree with the very 1st statement that: There are making SA look more life-like as well as include locations from the original SA?

Edited by Iroquois

Not exactly Baldwin Hills, Boxmonster. This neighborhood you've found is Baldwin Village (= The Jungle) in Crenshaw, close to Baldwin Hills. A lot of members of the Black P. Stones gang live there.

I think the reason it looks like a motel in San Andreas is because it's based on a motel in LA that looks like that. If that's also a motel in GTA V, it doesn't have to be the Jefferson one, specifically. It could have the same name, but technically not be the same building, i.e. not a building CJ had run around in, because CJ didn't exist in GTA V's continuity (if R*'s statement were any indication). I think many buildings and districts that represent the same things will have different names. Obviously not everything will; "Hollywood" is still Vinewood this time around as well. I suppose my short answer is: I don't know, but I doubt it.

^

I think that's more along the lines of what we're looking at in the trailer, rather than a motel.