Rockstar should take notes from these guys

WhiteArcticFox

WhiteArcticFox

In this mod they've corrected the center weight to a more 'realistic' position, suspension is harder and isn't as soft as in the Vanilla game, vehicles reach a higher top speed, vehicles are less resistant towards damage.

The only thing they haven't changed ( and can't be changed ) is the gravity, and as we all know the gravity in GTA 4 is equal to the moon, so the vehicles still go 5 meters up on the air when they crash into lamp posts.

Thoughts?

I'm sure that as time goes by, the physics will get better. However, i DO think that the GTAIV physics are not as terrible as some make it out to be. I still find the driving to be fun for the most part, but i do expect some improvement.

Driving was ok in IV, much much better than in the previous games anyway. But the cars felt too light. If they just make the cars feel heavier in V, it's gonna be very good.

Driving was ok in IV, much much better than in the previous games anyway. But the cars felt too light. If they just make the cars feel heavier in V, it's gonna be very good.

The cars dont feel light when you try to turn the corner, the tail likes spinning, the wheels have no traction, the whole damn thing just feels like driving on ice. And the physics dont feel that real. For example, Niko flies off to the distance in front of his bike when he crashes into things at 5 mph. Don't get me started about flying helicopters...

The cars dont feel light when you try to turn the corner, the tail likes spinning, the wheels have no traction, the whole damn thing just feels like driving on ice. And the physics dont feel that real. For example, Niko flies off to the distance in front of his bike when he crashes into things at 5 mph. Don't get me started about flying helicopters...

Please get started, we're all waiting.

The thing that really bothered me is that the cars dont feel like they have weight in gta IV, any little bump in the road sends your car flying in the air, I found that really annoying when racing and during car chases

ye w/e   go bother someone else with your BS

nothing is happening on these forums anyways, with no info, the forums are basically dead and filled with garbage threads

Well, I'm tired of reading your garbage PMs.

BANHAMMER

Speak for yourself, OP. For me the car physics are nearly perfect. Just the brakes needs a improvement.

Snake Without a Tongue

Realistic? That video looked like crap. I'm pretty sure helicopters in real life don't require a runway and cars don't fly like squirrels.

WhiteArcticFox
Realistic? That video looked like crap. I'm pretty sure helicopters in real life don't require a runway and cars don't fly like squirrels.

Reason why the cars went flying is because they couldn't increase the gravity for cars in GTA IV, I've thought GTA IV's driving handling was excellent in GTA IV but it does have room for improvement such as weight, they have the weight of a peanut, either that or gravity affects them differently than other objects in the universe.

And also, some helicopters do land on a runway like shown in the video, they often do so when they are really in a hurry, I can't find videos of it but they do land like shown in the video when necessary.

First off helicopters all use runways for the most part. A running landing such as the one in the video are preferred over a hover landing because it adds stability. The helicopter physics in the video are WAY better than the original game.

And as far as the squirrel car, the poster even said that the reason the car jumped so high was because of the gravity in GTA IV which can't be altered apparently. The mod for this video controls the cars speed, suspension, center of gravity, and handling

IMO this looks awesome. I would much rather V look like this. ESPECIALLY THE SPEED. If the map is going to be as vast as we expect then the cars need to be much faster.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

The__Phoenix

in this forum you can find really good people doing mods, I'm sure that rockstar is taking note ...... for hire them, but I doubt they are looking for inspiration in these mods.

oh man, that gave me a boner. yeah, it was funny how cars originally unflip themselves like wtf. and speed.. always severely limited to give the illusion of extra space/map size.

*downloads mod*

Triple Vacuum Seal

lol.gif Thought the BMW ad was the driving physics portion of the mod at first...

OT: Nice mod, but I'm sure R* should be watching real traffic, planes, and Top Gear for taking notes on vehicle physics. In the end, realism is their goal with physics.

ShotGunRain

Consoles can't handle that kind of speed they need to keep the speed of the cars lower so the console has time to load the buildings in front of you and have less pop ups. If they say that GTA V is the largest game then they will not increase the speed, because of the size of the map. On pc they can give the speed option.

The way the vehical handles at 1:43 reminds me of San Francisco Rush. Well, actually more like the 2nd Rush because it had a New York level and I'd always use that same car and color, plus the physics are very similar.

I tried this mod and I have to say it's definitely much better than the original IMO. I noted it is much easier to maintain a controlled slide/drift, tires grip better on corners, higher, more realistic top speed, etc. the completely revamped helicopter physics caught me by surprise immediately, I love it.

you can go as realistic as you want, but at the end of the day, this game is for the masses, not originally intended for the simulator fans. so R* of course has to dumb it down so it's suitable for the overwhelming majority, especially with the heli physics; it's soo EASY to fly a monkey can do it!

Modders are always going to take an interest in the digital Rockstar sandbox, saying "can we play too?", and it helps spur on PC interest in the GTA series, which is developed for consoles in mind, but having said that, the element I always feel lacking is brake stands and burnouts, smoking tire effects, I love whipping cars around by hitting the E-brake, so, even with a controller console game it's fun, and we've seen them do this in the trailer. The new GTA IV car feel took only a bit of getting used to, I have no qualms at the end of the day

Saw a heli crash on TV, they lost the rear rotor and the copter went down spinning! It did break in half and basically crumpled, we can stand to see that kind of thing in GTA as well

To also add, in comment above, about car weight and gravity, never a big issue with me because it's not a simulator, but get in the big truck, transport the explosive and you notice that weight seems to be there, not lacking

Edited by Slamman

You sir fail miserably. Those cars hop because R* made them that way.