GTA V - Using Images to create a Map

Magnet_man16

Magnet_man16

Match and Map!

If we can see roads in the images we could try and stitch it all together for example:

The 2 images...

user posted image

user posted image

The i go into Gimp and make this junction like a GTA map is lay'd out...

user posted image

Same with these two...

user posted image

user posted image

And after gimp you get,

user posted image

Tell me your link , And give me the Two pictures that link and il make you a part of the map if we have two bits of map that fit we can join them, But this is just all guesting. wink.gif

Edited by Magnet_man16

Magnet_man16

This isnt the same this is actually creating a map... And i just had a breakthrough with road names ect

Lucky Sevens
If we can see roads in the images we could try and stitch it all together for example:

The 2 images...

user posted image

user posted image

The i go into Gimp and make this junction like a GTA map is lay'd out...

user posted image

Tell me your link , And give me the Two pictures that link and il make you a part of the map if we have two bits of map that fit we can join them, But this is just all guesting. wink.gif

user posted image

EncryptedReality

DANg wrong thread, ..

Edited by GTARandom

isn't that what the 'mapping los santos' thread is about?

Not really, same thing but in the opposite way. The 'Mapping Los Santos' thread is just identifying landmarks and buildings in the game, and finding their real-life counterparts... and then showing where they are on the map of real life LA just to give an indication on how widespread they are recreating the city of LA etc.

I would actually like a thread about constructing an accurate map of LS instead of being creative in the 'GTAV maps' thread.

Lucky Sevens
I would actually like a thread about constructing an accurate map of LS instead of being creative in the 'GTAV maps' thread.

How do you propose to compose an accurate map of Los Santos, from the 30 or so screen shots in the trailer?

alien.gif

I actually like the idea, but I should have known better with the mob mentality here. Everyone's so eager to tear down someone's thread.

I mean, he came up with a solid concept and actually went as far as to create an example. The least you could do is not click the 'post reply' to try try to kill the thread before it starts. There are enough actual trolls here for the mini-mods to get their fix, no?

I'll just waiting until the released.

Good luck guys

lol.gif

Edit:

I suggest you to start from the 1:11 on trailer,

there are a lot of roads seen there.

Edited by eSJe

How do you propose to compose an accurate map of Los Santos, from the 30 or so screen shots in the trailer?

alien.gif

I know it wouldn't be entirely accurate, but on the 'Mapping LS' thread at the start there is a google maps screenshot of all the places identified and where they are in real LA, which is something to go on.

Lucky Sevens

alien.gif

I know it wouldn't be entirely accurate, but on the 'Mapping LS' thread at the start there is a google maps screenshot of all the places identified and where they are in real LA, which is something to go on.

Fair enough. I will be interesting to see what yous come up with.

I actually like the idea, but I should have known better with the mob mentality here. Everyone's so eager to tear down someone's thread.

I mean, he came up with a solid concept and actually went as far as to create an example. The least you could do is not click the 'post reply' to try try to kill the thread before it starts. There are enough actual trolls here for the mini-mods to get their fix, no?

+1 mate icon14.gif

kietotheworld
This was made in April 2007 from analyzing the first GTA IV trailer. Pretty amazing.

user posted image

GTA IV News Archive

Throw enough sh*t at the wall some of it's bound to stick.

1whitebuddah

alien.gif

qw could make a million maps, 1 of them is bound to be similar to the real gta 5 map

Nah Tso Gud
This was made in April 2007 from analyzing the first GTA IV trailer. Pretty amazing.

user posted image

GTA IV News Archive

We also did something very similar with RDR, can't remember if it was this forum or not though... It was fun.

Death2Drugs

I like this thread. Here's one of my semi-maps.

Pic I based my street on:

user posted image

My map:

user posted image

I like this thread. Here's one of my semi-maps.

Pic I based my street on:

user posted image

My map:

user posted image

Wow this is like the most useful thing EVA!

GhostFaze64

@OP

You have wasted your time.

Good job.

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing will happen on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

Chill out children, wipe your tears