Time travel

Stinky12

I was bored as sh*t and decided to watch some random YT clips to make time pass faster, until I came across 2 of them based on time travel into the future.

The first was a space ship, where it will take 6 years to reach 99% the speed of light. Traveling at full speed, in 4 years, every hour has passed on the ship, 2 hours will passed on Earth.

In 6 years, traveling at 99% of light, a day goes by on the ship is a full year has passed on Earth.

The 2nd was a train, that circles Earth over and over again reaching close to the speed of light. Passengers inside and time all slow down. If the train travel for 100 years, only a week will pass for the passengers inside the train. So a week on a time travel train = 100 years has passed. Damn!

Anyone think this is complete BS or a possibility in our life time?

I wonder if this willl is still alive in the year 2112 or maybe by then it's GTA 9000!

The 2nd was a train, that circles Earth over and over again reaching close to the speed of light. Passengers inside and time all slow down. If the train travel for 100 years, only a week will pass for the passengers inside the train. So a week on a time travel train = 100 years has passed. Damn!

This would require you to achieve 99.9999982% (roughly) of the speed of light, which I don't think is going to happen in our lifetime (in the sense that humans won't be traveling at that speed any time soon).

[EDIT] If this interests you, what you want to look up is special relativity.

Edited by Icarus
clEsyRO.gif