Reality or Virtual Reality?

GOUSN1776

Believe it or not I have wondered, multiple times, if we are all part of some virtual reality. Upon thinking of this I always come to the conclusion that perhaps I'm the only one that realises this. How am I too know? There is no way to know unless some sort of glitch happens but will I know it's a glitch? Only the user would know such things. There's also something about trees but I forget, it's getting late.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on all of this?

Have you been watching the matrix series too often? Lay off the opiates dude.

4XEtraA.jpg

A stocky black guy with small round spectacles once offered me a blue pill and a red pill. I told that guy "f*ck you pusher, get out of my neighbourhood!" and I called the cops on his drug dealing ass.

ThirstyHyena

I'm always trying to be open minded but the way you wrote the OP it seems very possible you're high. But heck, if this all is an illusion, it's a damn good illusion. I don't think it's up to us to think about that, we should just live our lifes and enjoy them the most we can.

"What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain" -Morpheus

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness" -Albert Einstein

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one" -Albert Einstein

Woah. Could be. ph34r.gif

AlexGTAGamer

How am I too know? There is no way to know unless some sort of glitch happens but will I know it's a glitch?

A glitch? You mean like everything will go fuzzy and an ERROR message will appear before your eyes? Or the city around you doesn't load properly? Or you fall into Blue Hell?

Seriously though, are you high? Or have you just watched The Matrix? confused.gif

Also in a way this topic is like The Matrix and Inception in a blender.

Edited by AlexGTAGamer

Or the city around you doesn't load properly?

Sometimes it happens to me, then I realise that its due to the lack of professional builders. confused.gif

I dunno man. That sort of thing seems pretty unlikely. I mean just lookat everyone around you and remember that, in thier own ̨heads͟,͡ tḩey a͠re the ̨ma̷in̷ character just like you are ̷̴̨̘̣̥i̻̮̮̹̦̠̜͍͎n̟̳͈͓̫̙̗ ̧͈̫͚y̧̰͖̩͚̬̼̹͕o̫̜͖͎͈̞̻̻̕͝ͅų̸̻̱̯̣̯̗̫̬͖r̜̯̺͇̲ ̤̠̦͕̕͢͝ͅo̯͠w̗̖̱͟ͅn̹̤̰ ͏͙̪͜m̨͝͏̪͇̝̼̫i̡̩͓̺̖̟̱͞n͇͕̭̗̞̦͘ͅd*̵̜̤ͅ*̧͙̜̲*̞͚͇*̜͙͍̹̦̦*̠̝̩͞*̶͇̳̟̠*̫*̙͍̯͟*͎̲͔*̱̳̺͔̲*̣̩ͅ*̷̳̘̪̣*̩͕̱̻*̜̱͍̟

Simulation awareness status: 1

Protocol Followed by Subject: Program #4752: Verification via internet community

Simulation Response: Negative. Reinforce Simulation

Response Effective?: 0

Resuming Simulation Reinforcement.

̨͞S͠͞o̵͘҉ ͏̶͡I̴̡ ̶̶͞w̡͡҉o̢͠u̢l̷̢͠d̛͘n̵̛͘͟͠'̴̵̡̨̧t̸̶̕͘ ̷̢̡͝ẃ̶o̢͜r҉̸̢͝͠r̵̀̀͘y̷҉̸͞ ̵̀͞à̴͢b̸̕͡o̴̷u̧̨͝t̨̨ ̵̕i͢͡t͘͜͝ t̴́́oo҉͞ ̴̕m̵ú̢ćh̷̴. W͜e a͡l̷l h͢ave͝ mo̸me͞n̡ts͘ ́where we think about Solipism. But most it passes for most of us once we realise how realistic ͞͡t̡̨h̕͘e҉͏̛ ̨̛şim̷͜u̡͜͢l̶a̸̧͝ti̶̡͞o̵͡n̸̛͘ i͜s life is.

user posted image

Original Light

Believe it or not I have wondered, multiple times, if we are all part of some virtual reality. Upon thinking of this I always come to the conclusion that perhaps I'm the only one that realises this. How am I too know? There is no way to know unless some sort of glitch happens but will I know it's a glitch? Only the user would know such things. There's also something about trees but I forget, it's getting late.

I think the same thing at times. What if life is just a simulation? Right now, what if only a few square miles around me are loaded, and after that, there's nothing? Like Draw Distance... in a video game.

Edited by Original Light

vertical limit

What if life as we know is a video game and the asians are premium subscribers?

I think the same thing at times. What if life is just a simulation? Right now, what if only a few square miles around me are loaded, and after that, there's nothing? Like Draw Distance... in a video game.

It's been done.

user posted image

23088_s.gif

Don't know about us living in a virtual reality, but I always thought that the universe that we know was inside something like a snow globe and there's a lot of copies of the same globe, and someone or something out there is making some tests to finally find the perfect formula to make the perfect universe, or even the perfect globe to put in their living rooms.

user posted image

Philip K Dick did it better.

kzgN7qp.png

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

Simulation theory.

If:

1.) Humans live long enough, and the current trend of technological advancement continues,

2.) and future humans are interested in running simulations of our past,

Then, the chances that we are not currently living in a simulation is very near zero.

Aside from the essay above, there are a lot of videos on youtube featuring prominent physicists discussing simulation theory. Recently, there was a professor who revealed what he called "error correcting code" in tables used to explain string theory. There is also the feeling that we can "see our pixels" through the lens of high powered microscopes. Very cool stuff.

I wasn't high when I wrote but tired. I usually ponder this concept while walking home from the bus stop.

Ha, I have the same odd thought patterns and daydreams when I'm on the bus/walking home from work.

Ha, I have the same odd thought patterns and daydreams when I'm on the bus/walking home from work.

There must be a reason for this.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

A lot of people feel like this, you've got to mix it up bro!

What if we were all near-sentient AI, in some kind of programmer's crazy experiment. We were all programmed to think like he would, and our world ran like his perfect world would. Maybe ideas like god, or multi-verses are references to him, and his other programs respectively.

I've read somewhere that the chances of someone having built a supercomputer and creating a virtual reality are extremely high compared to most explanations, especially considering that with one discovery of it there could be millions of worlds created. (though I didn't read the whole article, and cannot find it anymore.) I do think this statistic is flawed though, as it would take an organism that's intelligent enough to already know how to create supercomputers, and have had enough experience to imagine a philosophy like this, in a universe that we couldn't even prove the existence of. I can't explain it logically, but to me it seems the chances are either infinity, or closer to zero than our current existence depending on how you think about it.

Further Reading:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=world+is+simulation

(The first two links definitely go into it.)

edit: Whoops! Didn't see abottig's post.

Edited by zoo3891