North Korea 'Fires Long-Range Rocket'

LongHairedFreakyGuy

LongHairedFreakyGuy

So far, there is a lack of source material for this, but plenty of tweets have been popping up stating that North Korea has fired a long-range missile at 07:39 (local time). It could be nothing, but it could also be what we were dreading all along, that with a new leader comes the responsibility of having to prove yourself.

Sorry for lack of news, but nothing has come in as of yet.

E: So the news is, the rocket broke up shortly after it was fired. But still, what do you lot make of this?

Edited by Butters 2011

The US thinks it a cover for testing a nuclear missile or something like that, but I don't believe that's the case.

I'm thinking since he's new, he wants to some-what "put on a show" or try and gain respect by doing something like this.

It'll be a bigger deal if they go ahead with their underground nuclear (see: a string of firecrackers) test.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

It was apparently launched as a salute to longevity for Lil Kim. They were supposed to do another on Sunday or something as a celebration of the "Eternal Leader" becoming 100 years old. I guess they're just gonna have to deal with reality eventually.

John The Grudge
It was apparently launched as a salute to longevity for Lil Kim. They were supposed to do another on Sunday or something as a celebration of the "Eternal Leader" becoming 100 years old. I guess they're just gonna have to deal with reality eventually.

Yeah I don't think it was an act of aggression. When it all went pear shaped they were quite open about it, apparently admitting it on North Korean television. I think they still broke the rules by carrying this out though. I don't think anything will come of it.

Finn 7 five 11
I would love to hear kim say "long range missile"

Haha, i was thinking that too, hilarious!

I was looking in on the event. And the thing that is bothering me is "What was the rockets target"?

Mister Pink

Finn 7 five 11

Wouldn't expect anything more from a missile essentially assembled together with duck tape.

The Koreans are cheap, but not that cheap, they used gaffer tape man.

Edited by finn4life

gtafreak103

Soon we're gonna get tired of the missle firing and send some US troops to go f*ck them up. A message saying that this is what happens.

Soon we're gonna get tired of the missle firing and send some US troops to go f*ck them up. A message saying that this is what happens.

You tried that before, it didn't work out too well.

Mister Pink

Wouldn't expect anything more from a missile essentially assembled together with duck tape.

I heard it was made from bamboo and filled with potpourri and dirty underwear.

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

^Pot pourri*

There is absolutely no way this plan can fail.

--George W. Bush 2003

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

gtafreak103

I heard that it was launched using tons of gunpowder.

Mister Pink

gtafreak103

I heard it was made from bamboo and filled with potpourri and dirty underwear.

Maybe that's why it didn't last so long there mate. wink.gif

autotheftisgrand

The Philippines has had a field day covering this story especially concerning the trajectory of the rocket. Most of the rocket's debris landed in Philippine territory. The people here went paranoid over it. Considering North Korea's military technology, I'm not that scared of it. I heard it was only a satellite launch. Besides, it would be pretty retarded of them to launch a missile or any weapon at us. We are an ally of USA after all, unless they wanted to start WW3 just in the time for that Mayan calendar crap so be it.

Edited by autotheftisgrand

The Philippines has had a field day covering this story especially concerning the trajectory of the rocket. Most of the rocket's debris landed in Philippine territory.

Actually, when it entered into it's 2nd stage it was projected to scatter debris in your waters, but because it crashed a couple of minutes after take off it never got anywhere near the Philipines.

It's interesting to see the latest failure coming so soon after launch. This isn't a particularly new technology that the DPRK are trialing, and they've tested similar solid-fuel ballistic missile/"Rocket" technology before with greater success. To me, this signifies an increasing element of isolation- China appear no longer to be directly financing and supporting the North Korean ballistic missile program (perhaps as it has become so geopolitically harmful for them to do so) and the result of this is them actually regressing technologically. There's talk of a nuclear test in the near future- it will be very interesting, if this takes place, to see the estimated yield of it comes close to the last test. If not, that could be a sign that China are no longer supplying them with nuclear technology such as explosive lenses and precision-machined tampers which are required for effective weapons.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

user posted image

They can't even keep the lights on.

I feel badly for the people living in that "country".

A recent article suggested that 150,000 to 200,000 North Koreans live in "gulags", where they are forced into a lifetime of servitude in mining, forestry, and agriculture. They are also regularly tortured, and routinely starved to death.

Los Santos Pedestrian

[North Korea going green and saving energy]

They can't even keep the lights on.

I think that's because the new global warming project in N. Korea.

EDIT: How do you have the lights on in Google Earth?

Edited by Los Santos Pedestrian

OysterBarron

this was covered by the BBC last week, apparently it was a weather sattelite that would also broadcast NK songs back to earth. Its a shame it failed feel bad for them, the reason the US got pissed was that they had an agreement in place to supply food aid to the thousands of people that needed it in exchange for NK not carrying out missile tests, Needless to say the aid has stopped now, and the person in-charge of the rocket launch is now receiving 5000 lashes!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

It's interesting to see the latest failure coming so soon after launch. This isn't a particularly new technology that the DPRK are trialing, and they've tested similar solid-fuel ballistic missile/"Rocket" technology before with greater success. To me, this signifies an increasing element of isolation- China appear no longer to be directly financing and supporting the North Korean ballistic missile program (perhaps as it has become so geopolitically harmful for them to do so) and the result of this is them actually regressing technologically. There's talk of a nuclear test in the near future- it will be very interesting, if this takes place, to see the estimated yield of it comes close to the last test. If not, that could be a sign that China are no longer supplying them with nuclear technology such as explosive lenses and precision-machined tampers which are required for effective weapons.

I think that absolutely is the case. China has too many interests tied throughout the world nowadays to so blatantly support 'the enemy', and besides, what is the real incentive for them to continue propping up the Kim regime? It's self-perpetuating in its existence; North Korea's arguably the most successful dictatorship there's ever been in modern history. However I am not convinced it has the appropriate academic institutions to further its own development of ballistic weaponry, or much technology period. If and when China completely pulls the plug, the DPRK will be completely potless.