Things to improve in Multiplayer

Brazilian Mermaid

Brazilian Mermaid

- If they want us to roam around a huge city at least let we get to a city with at least 50 people online so it won't feel like a single player game mode in an other dimension. I hated that in GTA IV. RDR had a way better online free roam. It was so much fun.

-Zombies game mode! C'mon R*! RDR got zombies and it was awesome. But more awesome than shooting zombies with old carbines and molotov is smashing them with a vehicle!

- Better lobbies. Also like in RDR.

- Gambling like in RDR! San Andreas is close to Las Venturas you know. If we can't have the city at least let us have the games.

- Let it be a RDR of the future.

- Dog fight online mode! Now that's cool

What do you think of my ideas? Please do share yours as well

“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
Anaïs Nin

Dogs are just in the trailer for cutscenes or illustration

Yes, because you work at RockstarGames.

Should be able to do more stuff, like if there are gyms on the beach - you should be able to work out online and stuff.

Just makes it seem more realistic since some people roleplay in GTA.

If there are night clubs, they shouldn't be empty in multiplayer. That was a major letdown of Gay Tony for me.

More open buildings, like apartments and stuff - that'd be cool.

There should be more pedestrians of different variety on the streets. I dunno why, but it annoyed me in GTA IV online to see the same ones over and over again. Why would a snooty old lady who obviously lives in Algonquin be walking around Hove Beach? xD

GTAViscool1

Yes, my friend's cousin his friend's cousin's friend, cousin's dad works atr R*

G1T

Yes, my friend's cousin his friend's cousin's friend, cousin's dad works atr R*

Well... that's my dad.

Should be able to do more stuff, like if there are gyms on the beach - you should be able to work out online and stuff.

Just makes it seem more realistic since some people roleplay in GTA.

If there are night clubs, they shouldn't be empty in multiplayer. That was a major letdown of Gay Tony for me.

More open buildings, like apartments and stuff - that'd be cool.

There should be more pedestrians of different variety on the streets. I dunno why, but it annoyed me in GTA IV online to see the same ones over and over again. Why would a snooty old lady who obviously lives in Algonquin be walking around Hove Beach? xD

Agree, Rockstar should do something about that.

It's just sad to see twins walking on every block.

MiamiVice1984

I just hope the multiplayer is better than it was in IV and more customization.

trams/trains finally in free mode, and money that could be spent in the clothes shops and weapons in free mode

To put up invisible walls on DM around that specified map so that when I am winning players cant run away. devil.gif

bane.jpg

R* shud put make a better levelling up and XP system with

Mor unlock able sh*t.

user posted image

There needs to be an option to stop vehicles taking damage online, too many times buzzard trolls keep ruining the fun in my free-roam.

chuckberry04

I don't like a 50 player free mode. Its not good for the "bonds" that are made online. 50 is too much, you'll play more individual, you won't stay together for long and free roam will turn into a massive deathmatch.

I like the idea of being able to create your character as you play in real time on the free roam mode

.If you want your online character to be big and buff you have to work at it, and use the gym. (It would save your character progression each time after every session you choose to do)

.If you would rather have him be a fat ass kind of guy, you have to eat a lot

.You should be able to buy clothes in real time, like in the single player. But, certain clothing should only be available after you rank up.

.Obviously bowling, air hockey, getting drunk and what other activities we can do should be available in mutiplayer free mode

Crews (which are confirmed) and what i described above would make the mutiplayer much more deep i think.

Brazilian Mermaid

By dog fight I mean.... Airplane vs Airplane. Hydra vs Hydra. Not animals fighting each other. That wouldn't make sense

“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
Anaïs Nin

Cosmic Gypsy

Things to improve on Multiplayer.

Connection. On the PS3 the online connection was terrible, loosing connection every other game, visually seeing the most outrageous lag, lag worse then any other game i have ever played ever.

Activities to do like RDR instead of every single person f*cking about at the airport for no reason. More incentives to leave the airport would be nice.

Incentives to level up, good ones, not like 3 items of clothing for getting to level 8. (Which is high on GTA) Level up rewards more like RDR.

Multiplayer should NOT be segregated into 3 separate games, for example.. Someone playing BOGT should STILL be able to play in the same online games as the person playing vanilla IV. (Like RDR) This segregation just makes it much much harder to find games, and its really not logical.

IV's Multiplayer was f*cking awful in every way. But it has the potential to be incredibly amazing.

chuckberry04

By dog fight I mean.... Airplane vs Airplane. Hydra vs Hydra. Not animals fighting each other. That wouldn't make sense

"That wouldn't make sense "

LOL.

That would be pretty epic tho. If everyone has his own dog online

Saints Row level character customization in multiplayer. I want to play as whomever I'd like. Make my character look like myself, Tommy Vercetti, Agent 47, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bruce Willis, Walter White, George Costanza, you get it. Please no more everybody looking the same sad.gif

Max level players should spawn inside mansions with lockable doors in free roam. Can invite players to their posse to hang out with them inside and keep guard of it.

Edited by BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl

Lucky Sevens

First off, they could take all mini games from single player and bring them to online aswell.

Here is one I made up called 'Public Enema Number One'.

The game starts with each player at the same location, and without weapons.

The first object is to try and assassinate the President who is in a parade, located downtown.

You will most likely need to acquire a weapon to do this.

The first player to assassinate the President becomes Public Enemy Number One, and the whole of the city, including other players, are trying to kill him.

He has to make it to a certain destination alive to win.

If he is killed by another player or NPC before he reaches his destination, that person becomes Public Enemy Number One.

NPC's can become PENO, but do not have a destination to reach, only real players can reach the destination and win.

Moist Peanut

Don't bombard us with gamemodes like in RDR. Most gametypes had virtually no players playing them, making them really just a waste. Have a few that are enjoyable and fun. And have incentives to play different gametypes. Plus have new special gametypes every weekend, like in Halo 3. Just to keep things fresh smile.gif

How about this:

"Infiltration"

-Six vs. Six.

-each team starts out on a different roof top. 3 people from the team stay to defend the roof top while the other 3 get a helicopter and try to infiltrate the other team's rooftop.

-This would put a new spin on dog fights on the way to each other's roof tops, plus each team's defenders sniping at each other from roof top to roof top.

It would even be fun to spectate on a match like that.

or

"Crash Test"

-As many players as R*'s servers can support.

-free for all points system.

-Set up like GTA races where the player gets to choose his/her car.

-First Round-Takes place on the LS air port strip, where the game spawns a small, chest-high brick wall about mid to end of the run way.

Each player starts at the starting line and floors it in to the brick wall. The player that flies out of their windsheild and rolls or flies the farthest wins the first round.

-Second Round-Takes place on top of the highest building in LS. Each player (facing the same direction) gets a sanchez(dirt bike) to ride off the edge. the person who attains the highest rotation (i.e. flips, spins rolls, ect.) before they hit the ground wins.

-Final Round-Each player starts exactly the same distance a few blocks away from a group of gas barrels. The first player to reach the barrels and set off a chain explosion (most of the other players should be in range of the explosion by the time the first gets there) wins.

-If you win all three in a row, you get an achievement "Crach Dummy"

Before any of you say that this is too over the top for GTA, just think about what R* said about revolutionizing their multiplayer, and then try you're hardest to picture these game modes in your head and tell me they wouldn't be the slightest bit fun...

They need a true anti-cheat system in PC multiplayer and no mods in multiplayer except for Free Roam.

Brazilian Mermaid
How about this:

"Infiltration"

-Six vs. Six.

-each team starts out on a different roof top. 3 people from the team stay to defend the roof top while the other 3 get a helicopter and try to infiltrate the other team's rooftop.

-This would put a new spin on dog fights on the way to each other's roof tops, plus each team's defenders sniping at each other from roof top to roof top.

It would even be fun to spectate on a match like that.

or

"Crash Test"

-As many players as R*'s servers can support.

-free for all points system.

-Set up like GTA races where the player gets to choose his/her car.

-First Round-Takes place on the LS air port strip, where the game spawns a small, chest-high brick wall about mid to end of the run way.

Each player starts at the starting line and floors it in to the brick wall. The player that flies out of their windsheild and rolls or flies the farthest wins the first round.

-Second Round-Takes place on top of the highest building in LS. Each player (facing the same direction) gets a sanchez(dirt bike) to ride off the edge. the person who attains the highest rotation (i.e. flips, spins rolls, ect.) before they hit the ground wins.

-Final Round-Each player starts exactly the same distance a few blocks away from a group of gas barrels. The first player to reach the barrels and set off a chain explosion (most of the other players should be in range of the explosion by the time the first gets there) wins.

-If you win all three in a row, you get an achievement "Crach Dummy"

Before any of you say that this is too over the top for GTA, just think about what R* said about revolutionizing their multiplayer, and then try you're hardest to picture these game modes in your head and tell me they wouldn't be the slightest bit fun...

Dude these are awesome ideas! I so wished you worked in R* now lol

But seriously you came up with some awesome stuff right there. Some of them kind of make me think about the Jackass game haha

But yeah sure it would be hella fun to jump off the highest building on a sanchez!

I so hoped R* could listen to our ideas in this forum. At least to some of them.

Anaïs Nin

WhiteArcticFox

A server Browser for consoles ( A must )

Better netcode, I don't know how it is on PC but on consoles the netcode is horrible, you could see cars and players moving around like they're using a lag-switch or something, one time they're over here, then all of the sudden over there. It felt like P2P connection, if GTA IV on consoles used P2P connection then I want Dedicated Servers for GTA V.

MMO game mode, kinda like APB:Reloaded but much much better, too bad it most likely won't happen.

Sunrise Driver

Some co-op missions like in Portal 2. Where you really need partner to finish the game.

I just want to be able to create a match, GTA IV had the option if you reserved private slots, but Red Dead Redemption didn't.

StateofMind15
trams/trains finally in free mode, and money that could be spent in the clothes shops and weapons in free mode

I agree

Weapons and clothes could be in shops where you have to go to unlock them.

To put up invisible walls on DM around that specified map so that when I am winning players cant run away.

That's stupid, just headshot them before they run.

R* shud put make a better levelling up and XP system with

Mor unlock able sh*t.

That is the worst idea ever. RDR limited fun when the only way to level up was to do gang hideouts which got repetitive and boring. If there is levels you should be able to get XP any way you want(stunts, killing, cop shootouts, dogfighting, racing ect.) Otherwise use HeNDo6750's idea.