Why GTA V will be released in October

gta076

Okay so I know people are gonna call me a troll for this, but please just hear me out! I know a bunch of people have said that May will be the big date for the game's release, be it 2012 or 2013, just because R* releases big games that month, and also because there are at least six coincidinces in the trailer with May 24th. However, I really don't think that's the case. I believe that the game will be released sometime in October of this year.

For one, there's the Blockbuster Computer screen (which can be viewed here

) that states that the game will be released on October 26th, 2012. Now, many people can say that this is just a fake, especially since the screen is so...well...ancient lol but I've worked for Blockbuster myself, and you can indeed look up video game and movie "expected" release dates.

Another reason is the leaked resume of Alex O'Dwyer. Though the actual link was taken down, it can still be viewed on many sites, (such as this one: Gameinformer)

The resume has a list of games that the animator has worked on, and most of the games release dates, including GTA V, and states it will be released sometime in October 2012. Once again, many people will say this is fake. Honestly I don't really know why someone would leak this, so personally I think it's real.

A third reason, or reasons, can'tbe proven false or fake, because it's the release dates of past gta games. The first gta was released in Europe in October. gta 2 was released on Playstation in October both is North America and Europe. The original gta 3 was released in October, and the ios version was announced, but not released, in October. Liberty City Stories was first released on the PSP in October. Vice City Stories was released on the PSP in North America in October, but it was on the 31st. Gta Advance was released in October, the day before San Andreas, also released in October. GTA 4 was planned for an October 16th release, but was later delayed. The Ballad of Gay Tony was first released on XBL in October, but not the lost and the damned. And though it was first released on Nintendo DS in March, Chinatown Wars was released in October on the PSP.

In my opinion, the evidence is pretty substantial. There have been smaller, less legit "leaks" of an October release date, but those pretty much amount to nothing. But all the reasons I've listed here seem pretty good to me. Now, we all know that Rockstar has had a few problems with delaying major games, so it may not come out in October. But i firmly believe that we will see an expected GTA V release date for October, 2012, and possibly a trailer on May 24th. I know a lot of people may disagree wiith me, but I just wanted to speak my idea's!

Edited by gta076

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
Okay so I know people are gonna call me a troll for this, but please just hear me out! I know a bunch of people have said that May will be the big date for the game's release, be it 2012 or 2013, just because R* releases big games that month, and also because there are at least six coincidinces in the trailer with May 24th. However, I really don't think that's the case. I believe that the game will be released sometime in October of this year.

For one, there's the Blockbuster Computer screen (which can be viewed here

) that states that the game will be released on October 26th, 2012. Now, many people can say that this is just a fake, especially since the screen is so...well...ancient lol but I've worked for Blockbuster myself, and you can indeed look up video game and movie "expected" release dates.

Another reason is the leaked resume of Alex O'Dwyer. Though the actual link was taken down, it can still be viewed on many sites, (such as this one: Gameinformer)

The resume has a list of games that the animator has worked on, and most of the games release dates, including GTA V, and states it will be released sometime in October 2012. Once again, many people will say this is fake. Honestly I don't really know why someone would leak this, so personally I think it's real.

A third reason, or reasons, can'tbe proven false or fake, because it's the release dates of past gta games. The first gta was released in Europe in October. gta 2 was released on Playstation in October both is North America and Europe. The original gta 3 was released in October, and the ios version was announced, but not released, in October. Liberty City Stories was first released on the PSP in October. Vice City Stories was released on the PSP in North America in October, but it was on the 31st. Gta Advance was released in October, the day before San Andreas, also released in October. GTA 4 was planned for an October 16th release, but was later delayed. The Ballad of Gay Tony was first released on XBL in October, but not the lost and the damned. And though it was first released on Nintendo DS in March, Chinatown Wars was released in October on the PSP.

In my opinion, the evidence is pretty substantial. There have been smaller, less legit "leaks" of an October release date, but those pretty much amount to nothing. But all the reasons I've listed here seem pretty good to me. Now, we all know that Rockstar has had a few problems with delaying major games, so it may not come out in October. But i firmly believe that we will see an expected GTA V release date for October, 2012, and possibly a trailer on May 24th. I know a lot of people may disagree wiith me, but I just wanted to speak my idea's!

I agree (y).

I disagree mainly because Take-Two has Borderlands 2 and Bioshock: Infinite in that release window. They'd be stupid to release GTAV, too, as it would just completely annihilate a LOT of possible sales for the two of them.

Another reason is the timing of the trailer. Name any other Rockstar game with a legitimate in-game footage trailer released more than a year before the game's planned release date.*

*2006 L.A. Noire trailer doesn't count (not in-game footage)

I don't agree with any theory that GTA V would be delayed because of another game. GTA V would make more money, so a decision to give space to another game is a completely illogical decision to make less money. The weaker game is the one that would get moved out of GTA V's way. GTA V will ship when it's done.

Edited by Magic_Al

The guy in the YouTube video has an american accent, but the prices are in pounds... seems a bit sus but I am thinking more and more an October release. As you say, October 16th was the original planned GTA4 release. October 18th is also mentioned in the "Find the blue" topic, so it's probably the best bet.

EDIT: October 18th was hinted at in "Find the blue", not 16th, but close enough... maybe it'll be released October 16th, Tuesday (USA) and October 18th Thursday (Europe/Australia) as these are the usual days of the week...

Edited by LotusRIP

Yes, I forgot to add the all knowing suspicious admin polls lol they called the trailer date (1102) before it was released. And then in the "find the blue", October was a date. If i had to guess, I'd say one of those dates is correct, and I'm thinking it'll be the latest of them all, which is October!