Is it just me or do the graphics look better

dansgas1000

dansgas1000

Is it just me or are the graphics better by a tiny bit on Ballad. I know that they got rid of that stupid blur but it seem better.

-On PS3

Edited by dansgas1000

StonersDarkness

i would have to agree here, on my PS3 the graphics do look better on TBOGT than IV... im not sure about this blur your talking about though...

i know there was what R* called "Noise Effect" for TLAD. it gave the game a grittier feel to me, this could be the blur effect your refering to, but you were able to turn it off in the pause menu.

GTAboyWonder

Not even! TBoGT looks horrible! Too colorful. The only time the game itself looks great is when it rains.

user posted image

GTA IV had a blur effect which blurred all objects in the distance, to save memory resources.

TBOGT removed the blur filter and now everything is sharp. Also each 3 games have different colour correction. TLAD had a grainy effect, TBOGT has a more colourful tone and IV was just neutral.

Yes, GTA IV and TLAD both have a watercolor-like texture that softens medium- and long-range distance views and TLAD additionally has a yellow filter and an optional noise filter. TBOGT is the least filtered and gives the clearest view of the city.

Doublepulse

I guess it is the color. It really changes the feel of the entire game for me. I was wondering if they messed with the weather system. I don't remember many times it rained in TLAD.

As for the colors though, I liked the colors better in TBOGT.

StonersDarkness
I guess it is the color. It really changes the feel of the entire game for me. I was wondering if they messed with the weather system. I don't remember many times it rained in TLAD.

As for the colors though, I liked the colors better in TBOGT.

"It Doesn't Have To Rain All The Time" Brandon Lee, The Crow 1992 cool.gif

LOL, i remember a few good times when it rained in TLAD... especially before and the day after End Of Chapter

yes TBOGT was more colorful , so yea it looked better than IV, i still prefer the grimy look of TLAD tho wink.gif