Am I the only guy who notices this

Billy Benedict

Billy Benedict

We have people up here who figured out the layout of gta 5's map.

We got people up here who can tell you how many times a dog is spotted in the trailer

But we really can see something prominently shown in the trailer

The lisence plates

Anything funny about them u may have noticed?

other than the numbers?

Well my fellow foum writting people, prepare for info you already knew. Gta 5 will be amazing.

Why, you may ask, did willal212 just waist some of your time that could be better spent eating or masturbating to tell you something that we know already?

Well its because I have discovered why. The plates in the trailer change throughout the trailler to reflect either a 1980's style, or one of circa. present day.

You may say that this means nothing, or make humourous post about how I am trolling(looking at you supreme) and I would advise you to look at the scenes where these 1980's plates are seen (there is only one)

The jewlery store robbery.

The scene takes place on rodeo drive and features three men (and one driver) robbing a store after hopping out of a van sporting an older styled plate. please, eould any of you look at the vehicles in this scene. Nothing modern huh?

See what im getting at.

confirmed: at this point in development, time will pass in gta 5

now I know what youre thinking this guy got all that from two cars. and I understand that. Maybe the world famous expensive shopping district in beverly hills that attracts rich folk just had an old beater parked out there. Yeah thats very beliveable and understandable.

But I have more evidence my friends.

Remember the older gentlemen stairing off into the distance at the skyscrapers that make up downtown los santos. Keep that image in your head, more specificly, the widows peak.

Now journey forward abit back to the robbery. Look closely at the guy who bangs on the burrito.

Looks familiar huh? But wait there is something new about him. Did he do something with his hair? No actually he did nothing about his tell tale widows peak. So what about him is new. Wait, did he do something about those wrinkles. I hope so because they made him look a bit older. Yes the olderman seen driving down vinewood, and speeding down the street in an ultra modern audi r8 spyder once was the young fellow kickin in doors in the 1980's.

Aparently im not the only guy who thought this but why it has not gotten morr prominence beats me. This is truly something revolutionary 4 a gta

Then we could go on for days about the mile high club who construction I imagine will be an important part of the game

Edited by WILLAL212

FelipeVinhao

Time passing? Not so sure. Maybe someone from LA could answer this, but is there any rule about changing license plates to newer ones, even for older vehicles, like there is for São Paulo? If not, maybe you're right.

It'd be interesting to see the Mile High Club being finished... maybe to be destroyed in the last mission... devil.gif

Billy Benedict
Time passing? Not so sure. Maybe someone from LA could answer this, but is there any rule about changing license plates to newer ones, even for older vehicles, like there is for São Paulo? If not, maybe you're right.

It'd be interesting to see the Mile High Club being finished... maybe to be destroyed in the last mission... devil.gif

Exactly. I thought the same thing

sh*t! You may be right here.

This would also match to Ed´s leak, saying that every car in the game got a 1980s, 1990s, and 2012 rendition....

sh*t just got real.

inflamedeyeball

Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, PRESENT DAY Southern California.

FelipeVinhao

^ Pursuit for money isn't a new thing. Not only in US.

Not new, cause you found it dude, if you followed postings SINCE the trailer, it's all been mentioned, nothing new under the sun

davidrobo88

Maybe you have flashbacks and play through past events? Would be cool for you to be able to choose which era to free roam in.

Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, PRESENT DAY Southern California.

Case Closed. tounge.gif

Now for what it really means, there will be more than one model for each car type. Older cars and newer cars - which means more variety for us. Similar to how TBOGT had the newer version of the Schafter, as well as the old one.

The plates just reflect that time change, to add a little history to the cars.

Edited by SmC12

Billy Benedict
Not new, cause you found it dude, if you followed postings SINCE the trailer, it's all been mentioned, nothing new under the sun

Sorry will now edit post

R* did mention there was something no one spotted in the trailer. This could be it. Would be amazing...

-edit- Nevermind. Was something I haven't seen on the forum before. Guess it's still nothing new.

this!! enough said i guess!

Sorry will now edit post

The 5 protags was suggested BEFORE the trailer, and I might add, there will be no time setting optional in the game, that ain't gonna happen!

R* did mention there was something no one spotted in the trailer. This could be it. Would be amazing...

-edit- Nevermind. Was something I haven't seen on the forum before. Guess it's still nothing new.

Source?

The vehicles might just have older models.But scenes in the trailer do not show time changes.

I don't think he has grey hair. I think its just the light on his hair.

Billy Benedict

this!! enough said i guess!

Rockstar r clever little devils and them making the bulk of the game take place in present day will still cout as them cleverly sticking to the press release

^ That, proof right there, if it was through different time periods, R* would have said.

The game may take place in "present" L.S with flash backs.

License plates expire every 5 years, you get a new one when you renew your tag.

There is no way someone could drive around from 1980 to 2012 without someone stopping them, as an old tag would be blatantly obvious.

Even with a trailer over a screen shot, there's a lot of mystery left to be resolved, case in point is that seemingly oversized fire hydrant seen in the scene with the girl ped crossing in front of the convertible

I agree with the OP I've always thought that there would be a timeline cuz the guy on the balcony compared to the guy at robbery scene and driving yes it's the same guy but he looks a lot younger like in his thirties so maybe we go back to his days of crimes until he reaches the top then when whatever happens for him to lose that wealth hel revisit the people he used to go around with nd hopefully the steady rise to power starts again. The tramp in the trailer is one of the guys in the robbery so maybe we find him as a stranger and he becomes part of our crew!

Speculation, what if the first intro missions take place in the 80's in the heist. Something goes wrong and the old dude goes to jail. He meets the protagonist in jail, and when they both get released around the same time, becomes his mentor. The game would still take place in a modern L.S. But there would still be a 80's period.

Edit: Which makes sense with what Alfabutt just said, maybe the got away without going to jail, or less time and ends up homeless because everything fell apart with the old dude in prison.

Edited by spike88

Source?

I believe it was magazine coverage, not Rockstar pointing this out, and of course, most print articles we take with more authority then a grain of salt. PROOF is required to correct this assumption! haha

Billy Benedict

It would work cause instead of unlocking new land, we unlock the future.

This would be the definitive way to portray the recession. Imagine your favorite hangout in the eighties being a big club then as times passes it is close because of expensice. Small stores and family own stores get locked down

Edited by WILLAL212

Fantastichumore

Case Closed. tounge.gif

Now for what it really means, there will be more than one model for each car type. Older cars and newer cars - which means more variety for us. Similar to how TBOGT had the newer version of the Schafter, as well as the old one.

The plates just reflect that time change, to add a little history to the cars.

You made my day. smile.gif

The jewlery store robbery. The scene takes place on rodeo drive and features three men (and one driver) robbing a store after hopping out of a van sporting an older styled plate. please, eould any of you look at the vehicles in this scene. Nothing modern huh?

Umm, how about the van itself?

user posted image

The Burrito's new rearlights have clearly been updated from its GTA IV equivalent, making it appear more modern, not less.

user posted image

Correct me if im wrong here but regardless of "present day", things may still elapse over time as missions progress. Things like building development, peoples age etc..

In GTA IV time did elapse from start to finish as you progressed through the game, however no city development occured nor did peoples age, so maybe this time these things will which could explain why the older guy looks like hes at different age stages at different points of the trailer, or maybe they're just different people, who knows?

Just my opinion here but I think the game could be set from 2011-2013. Reason being because when R* said "present day" it was 2011 and the game could release 2013 judging by its time taking for marketing. So things may still change over time it doesnt nessesarily have to be in the 1980's or 1990's and go from there, rather just begin in "present day" and progress further from there

On a side note, just because there are different era's of cars means nothing GTA IV had lots of older aged cars yet didnt take place in past times.

Billy Benedict
The jewlery store robbery. The scene takes place on rodeo drive and features three men (and one driver) robbing a store after hopping out of a van sporting an older styled plate. please, eould any of you look at the vehicles in this scene. Nothing modern huh?

user posted image

The Burrito's new rearlights have clearly been updated from its GTA IV equivalent, making it appear more modern, not less.

user posted image

Something u got to remember is that these designsand models aren't final, meaning they could have the model for th modern burrito, but not the one for the past. There were like 5 cars in the gta 4 first trailer. Only reason we got so much here is cause most are recycled from 4

user posted image

user posted image

What about the red car? Looks quite old.....I know there were classics in gta4 but still...

A guy in the 80s with a tactical model of a Type-56 with Micro Aimpoint and an IR Laser pointer... I think that it doesn't seem to be 80's like smile.gif .