What leaves will GTA V take from RDR's book?

allhailkingryan

allhailkingryan

Firstly, sorry if this topic has been made before, I haven't had a proper browse on here for months.

I think that it is inevitable that some elements or ideas from Red Dead Redemption will make it into V. I personally hope the multiplayer is similar to RDR's, by that I mean unlocks such as rides and new characters. How cool would it be being able to call for your brand new unique car you've just unlocked by merking up a group of drug dealers with a friend?

EDIT:

It appears that posses are making an appearance in the form of "crews"

Edited by allhailkingryan

This leak:

The map is in fact larger than 3 Libery Citys' smushed together as one area, surrounded by 2 Red Dead maps as countryside (atleast it seems so to me). Two airports, one private airfield, and a military base make up the central tranport hubs for the city. 2 smaller 'airstrips" also are scattered in the countryside.

If this is true then it would make an epic game

The cloth physics (seen in Max Payne 3 as well), random characters, improved cover system etc. All the improvements in Rockstar's games (MP3, RDR) are building up to GTA V. I don't understand why people despise these games. It's like they want a GTA IV clone, with all the bugs and everything.

I'd personally like to see the aiming reticule and aiming system return from RDR(Max Payne 3). With the 3 options. GTA IV has two of the options, but with auto aim off you still have that annoying circle.

I'd also like to see challenges return some how. But instead of picking flowers, and finding treasure they could be more related to GTA. Hunting could make a return, but maybe you can only hunt sizeable animals(shooting birds and dogs inside the city would be pointless).

I also hope that gambling and movies make a return from RDR.

From Max Payne 3, I'd like to see the system where you can duel wield any small arms. So I can mix and match.

I think hunting would return in an Assassin style, whereas you are assigned a randomly generated (mixed and matched) pedestrian or enemy, along with numerous situations.

I think hunting would return in an Assassin style, whereas you are assigned a randomly generated (mixed and matched) pedestrian or enemy, along with numerous situations.

Assassination missions should return from GTA IV.

Although that reminds me, Gang Hideouts should return from RDR. Rival gangs should take over areas and you go in and clean them out for various rewards. Maybe if you buy/sell drugs you can clear out enemy drug labs and take their drugs, eventually the enemies would return.

Newspapers should return too.

KidInTheHall

I'd love to see assassinations in GTA V. The huge world can offer so many opportunities.

Well if the leak guy is right he said there will be motels for over night just like RDR

The other thing that should return from RDR is odd jobs. Such as night security(patrol a warehouse for cash, etc.).

I hope Rockstar uses the same great countryside / desert / vegetation / forests / snow / river / sun / weather / wildlife models from RDR. That was really nice, atmospheric, well done. I have been playing RDR again just to appreciate the beauty of that environment.

Hopefully the physics and also bullet entry and exit holes. You can literally blow people's faces off in rdr complete with an exit wound in the back of their skull. There's so much Rockstar could build on with what they created in rdr, sh*ts gonna be amazing

The graphics and physics most importantly. RDR had a beautiful environment with amazing lighting, which definately surpassed GTA IV's, and it's amazing how much the RAGE engine improved in the time between GTA IV and RDR. It was like a brand new game engine. It can only improve even more.

I think the wanted system could take a few ideas from RDR, such as having witnesses to your crimes. In GTA IV you could kill someone with nobody around yet you would still get a wanted level.

Also I think the general interaction with the world around you could be included, I felt that John was much more involved with the people than Niko was (he was an immigrant though and a criminal, but still). The honour and fame system could be developed further, San Andreas had the Respect levelling system, so they could bring that back and it determines how people treat you in the world.

I'm not sure whether or not I prefer RDR's weapon wheel, maybe they could include an option to turn it on/off, in some ways it was easier.

Edited by SmC12

Horses that we can shoot is all I want to see from RDR. Does LA have mounted police?

1whitebuddah
This leak:

The map is in fact larger than 3 Libery Citys' smushed together as one area, surrounded by 2 Red Dead maps as countryside (atleast it seems so to me). Two airports, one private airfield, and a military base make up the central tranport hubs for the city. 2 smaller 'airstrips" also are scattered in the countryside.

If this is true then it would make an epic game

honestly anyone with half a brain would know its fake, rockstar would not give away there future game titles to some random guy, anyway wouldn't red dead revolution be more credible than red dead rebellion?

ot: i hope the buildings in gta 5 are like red dead redemption's in the sense that they are all 3d instead of having 2d pictures stuck on the front to make it look like a shop window like what they did with gta 4

I'm not sure whether or not I prefer RDR's weapon wheel, maybe they could include an option to turn it on/off, in some ways it was easier.

Maybe its just me, but I totally prefer the weapon wheel, and hope they incorporate it into GTA V. After playing a few AC games & RDR, going back & playing GTA IV and having to cycle through the weapons felt archaic to me.

And agreed with those saying they hope the countryside looks similar. I can't imagine why it wouldn't, I almost see RDR as R* flexing their muscles to show what they can do with the countryside in the new GTA. I'm actually expecting areas just outside Los Santos to look quite similar to the Tumbleweed area in RDR, with all the Joshua trees.

eatsleepmate

ot: i hope the buildings in gta 5 are like red dead redemption's in the sense that they are all 3d instead of having 2d pictures stuck on the front to make it look like a shop window like what they did with gta 4

This would be great, but the severe lack of structures as compared to a GTA title would lead me to believe that we would be sacrificing some other neat featuresto designs every (or even a good portion of) building interiors.

If they can, i'll be all for it.

Honestly, I loved everything about RDR. Especially how MP play felt eerily similar to that of single player.

As for V's multiplayer, I hope we get GTA IV's character option to customize but vastly expanded upon and RDR's player leveling system with unlockable NPC's from single player (Herbert Moon).

As well as being able to get vehicles or something when you prestige such as the Bull, Buffalo, White Buffalo, Zebra Donkey (you get my drift).

Edited by eatsleepmate

The graphics and physics most importantly. RDR had a beautiful environment with amazing lighting, which definately surpassed GTA IV's, and it's amazing how much the RAGE engine improved in the time between GTA IV and RDR. It was like a brand new game engine. It can only improve even more.

I think the wanted system could take a few ideas from RDR, such as having witnesses to your crimes. In GTA IV you could kill someone with nobody around yet you would still get a wanted level.

Also I think the general interaction with the world around you could be included, I felt that John was much more involved with the people than Niko was (he was an immigrant though and a criminal, but still). The honour and fame system could be developed further, San Andreas had the Respect levelling system, so they could bring that back and it determines how people treat you in the world.

The problem with that is in RDR you're in the middle of nowhere or a small city and there are no cellphones. If you're in an ally and you fire a gun, someone in the nearby building would most likely hear. Although I do agree if you use silent weapons, knives, or fists, and are in the middle of nowhere/in a a dark alley, the people shouldn't magically know. Same thing if you kill a cop in an abandoned area. (Off topic, but I hate that you get an instant 3 star and a helicopter instantly flies to your position).

Maybe its just me, but I totally prefer the weapon wheel, and hope they incorporate it into GTA V. After playing a few AC games & RDR, going back & playing GTA IV and having to cycle through the weapons felt archaic to me.

And agreed with those saying they hope the countryside looks similar. I can't imagine why it wouldn't, I almost see RDR as R* flexing their muscles to show what they can do with the countryside in the new GTA. I'm actually expecting areas just outside Los Santos to look quite similar to the Tumbleweed area in RDR, with all the Joshua trees.

I didn't know this until I had played IV for a while, but if you hold L1 and up/down/left/right you will quickly switch to a weapon. Up is SMG's, Down is shotguns, Left is pistol, and I can't remember what right is.

@MikeyB: LAPD does use horses.

I'd like the leveling up system from RDR, GTA IV's one sucked ass!

Yeah agreed , took forever to go up a rank in IV. I also much preffered RDR's one because it felt better to go up a rank as it was easier and made you feel like you achieved something. IV's took the incentive out of playing due to how long it took.

OT: I'd like Gta V to use RDR's :

1. Weapon changing system i.e The browsing wheel when changing weapons

2.Scenary The trees and plants were great to look at. Hopefully in V countryside.

3.Map scale Hopefully a map as vast and detailed as RDR's to play in. Bigger is better imo

Theres so much more that i'd like to see V implement, but i'd be here forever. Just hope V is amazing. I know R* wont let us down icon14.gif

allhailkingryan

I hope that night is actually dark in GTA V's countryside. The bright wilderness nights were the one thing that adultered my immersion with RDR, and more speciafically undead nightmare.

RDR's wanted system would be more realistic in GTA. You could have wanted levels, escape from the police - but you would keep that wanted level, and once and a while the police will catch up to you and you'll have to get out of town again.

Speaking of police, getting busted. There need to be some pros and cons for both getting Wasted and Busted. Right now, Busted isn't even needed since most people just let themselves get killed so they can keep their weapons. Not once have I ever been Busted.

RDR's wanted system would be more realistic in GTA. You could have wanted levels, escape from the police - but you would keep that wanted level, and once and a while the police will catch up to you and you'll have to get out of town again.

Speaking of police, getting busted. There need to be some pros and cons for both getting Wasted and Busted. Right now, Busted isn't even needed since most people just let themselves get killed so they can keep their weapons. Not once have I ever been Busted.

I kind of agree, but I think that would work better if there was multiple cities, but if it's in Los Santos you can't really escape, it would be a nice addition but I think it would become annoying. However the cops could recognise you, so if you cause trouble again you would automatically regain your previous wanted level (so basically if the cops lose you, then you kill somone they come for you again, but your wanted level effectively doubles). But just having cops pull you over for crimes you commited in the past would be annoying.

I agree with the Busted thing. I've only been busted when I get cornered while in a vehicle. I don't really know how they could make it work better though, cause if you have done something serious they're going to want you dead, and if you've got a low wanted level it's easy to just escape. It will definately be interesting to see how they develop the wanted system. In GTA IV it was supposed to be that if you stole a car, the cops would become suspicious about the broken window and tail you for a while, but that was never included.

None I hope (except the physics). RDR was a sh!tty excuse for a game if you ask me -- possibly even the worst 'game' out there.

Maybe if you press Up, Your protag will whistle and the car will drive up to you! wow.gif

The map.. i want GTA V's map to be bigger than RDR) and judging from that "leak" its going to be HUGE, also i want the "stranger" side-missions again i liked those missions in RDR and GTA IV

-

according to that famous Leak:

I'd personally like to see the aiming reticule and aiming system return from RDR(Max Payne 3). With the 3 options. GTA IV has two of the options, but with auto aim off you still have that annoying circle.

Go to IV's Display menu and toggle aim from complex to basic. Problem solved.

Go to IV's Display menu and toggle aim from complex to basic. Problem solved.

I'll be damned. You learn something new everday.

I kind of agree, but I think that would work better if there was multiple cities, but if it's in Los Santos you can't really escape, it would be a nice addition but I think it would become annoying. However the cops could recognise you, so if you cause trouble again you would automatically regain your previous wanted level (so basically if the cops lose you, then you kill somone they come for you again, but your wanted level effectively doubles). But just having cops pull you over for crimes you commited in the past would be annoying.

I agree with the Busted thing. I've only been busted when I get cornered while in a vehicle. I don't really know how they could make it work better though, cause if you have done something serious they're going to want you dead, and if you've got a low wanted level it's easy to just escape. It will definately be interesting to see how they develop the wanted system. In GTA IV it was supposed to be that if you stole a car, the cops would become suspicious about the broken window and tail you for a while, but that was never included.

Yeah, it would really depend on what wanted level you escaped at. At like one to three, they really wouldn't search for you, but anything higher than that, getting caught committing a crime would regain that level. Maybe after a few days, you could lose your "Search/Temp Level."

IMO I really would not want RDR's wanted system because it made me feel like I never really could commit a crime without getting caught.

Forumrunner
None I hope (except the physics). RDR was a sh!tty excuse for a game if you ask me -- possibly even the worst 'game' out there.

Yeah, Brink is waaay better than Red Dead Redemption.

Sigh...