Found these in SparkIV

Sami Uso

I guess that GTA IV wasn't built completely from scratch after all.

Only the engine changed, I guess it's possible they did test stuff with SA props in RAGE.

And they are likely doing the same with V and IV's vehicles like you see in the trailer.

Doubt it. I guarantee we will see a tonne of GTA IV vehicles given a graphics update. It's not like we're going to a different country, or a major time lapse. It's only around 4 years after GTA IV is set, so most of the cars people were driving in 2008, people will still be driving in 2012.

Original Light

Yep those are just leftovers from San Andreas.

There is also a left over called LAPOLICE SFPOLICE LVPOLICE in some ide file.

I have played SA, I just never noticed any of this, I don't really pay attention to little things, however, this caught my eye, so I thought I'd share.

Only the engine changed, I guess it's possible they did test stuff with SA props in RAGE.

And they are likely doing the same with V and IV's vehicles like you see in the trailer.

Doubt it. I guarantee we will see a tonne of GTA IV vehicles given a graphics update. It's not like we're going to a different country, or a major time lapse. It's only around 4 years after GTA IV is set, so most of the cars people were driving in 2008, people will still be driving in 2012.

Exactly, they will be similar, but not the same as the ones in the trailer. Same make and model in the game, but a different actual model and texture in real life. Just like some of the cars that survived the jump from GTA1 to GTAIII.

Here's some more if anyone is interested:

statdisp.dat:

#stat_num	stat_name      condition	value	text_id#========   =========            =========   =====   =======20  FAT        	morethan	250  SBOFAT0  	20  FAT        	morethan	400  SBOFAT120  FAT        	morethan	600  SBOFAT220  FAT        	morethan	800  SBOFAT320  FAT        	morethan	950  SBOFAT421  STAMINA          	morethan	20  SSTSPT021  STAMINA          	morethan	100  SSTSPT0

txdcut.ide (note the mothership):

cszr350, zr350cszr350b, zr350cssadler, sadlercsglendale92, glendalecsandrom92, andromcsmothership, campercsmonster, monster

And from default.ide, hashtag (#) = comment (wish they would've just kept these guns in):

w_glock,  	w_glock,  	gun@handgun,  	1,  30,  0#w_silenced,  	w_silenced,  	gun@handgun,  	1,  30,  0# heavyrpg,    rpg,    gun@rocket,  	1,  100,	0#flame,  	flame,    null,    1,  50,  0#minigun,  	minigun,  	null,    1,  50,  0# specials#bomb,    bomb,    null,    1,  50,  0

@jnzooger & ioN: If you look in the Vehicle Database thread you can that there are cars already identified (Landstalker mainly) that are very similar to GTAIV's counterpart, but with a couple of little changes to the model.

Edited by SonofUgly

Exactly, they will be similar, but not the same as the ones in the trailer. Same make and model in the game, but a different actual model and texture in real life. Just like some of the cars that survived the jump from GTA1 to GTAIII.

Wait. Your first post confused me. It seemed like you were saying that the vehicles we saw in the trailer, for the most part, would be place holders. But now I see what you meant. And it looks as if some of the vehicles have gotten a face lift or two, and some others, look the same because they're meant to be that way. I'm sure some of the vehicles will be direct copies(with upgraded graphics) of their IV counterpart. You know. For realism sake. Not everyone will buy the newest model of a car, especially the poor people. If we don't see some of the same vehicles from IV make an appearance the way they did in IV, I for one, will be a little sad.

More evidence that GTAIV was one of the laziest games ever produced, the old code from San Andreas was dumped into GTAIV and slapped with a fresh coat of paint. Euphoria was the games biggest addition and R* didn't even make that.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

WTF? you are a troll! I had never seen these before, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I can assure I am not a troll. Your post appears to be an obvious attempt at trolling though, correct me if I'm wrong.

i think you need to look up the definition of trolling.

More evidence that GTAIV was one of the laziest games ever produced, the old code from San Andreas was dumped into GTAIV and slapped with a fresh coat of paint. Euphoria was the games biggest addition and R* didn't even make that.

Do you have anything positve to say about GTA IV (or R*)?

Los Santos Pedestrian
I troll these forums so much I'm terrible at it. That's something I unfortunately can't comprehend and instead buy expensive plane tickets to Los Angeles.

Here, I fixed your post.

Do you have anything positve to say about GTA IV?

I liked that a pistol headshot counted as much an AK. More games need realistic gunplay

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Deji is a coward.

Original Light

Is there anything that you do like about GTA IV, Zee? You must like GTA a little, or you, and I myself, would not be here right now.

Do you have anything positve to say about GTA IV (or R*)?

Just ignore that troll.

I don't see why it's necesarry for people to keep saying it's left over from SA when that has already been pointed out....

Those plates and SAPD logo were not used in IV, make sense when you try to troll.

G1T

The files are in GTA IV, they're just left over textures from early tests on the WTD set up.

Those plates and SAPD logo were not used in IV, make sense when you try to troll.

It's evidence that proves my point that used or unused they just dumped code from SA into GTAIV. Try not to sound so stupid when you're trying to sound smart.

Deji is a coward.

Hard to say they dump it when it was there from the beginning, take your own advice, genius.

G1T

MIKON8ERISBACK

R* used to leave a bunch of recycled sh*t from Vice City in the "models" folder in San Andreas.

R* have become lazy, each GTA they will copy and paste vehicle models and such, then recycle them over and over again. Not to mention they even forget to delete the original models in the files. That proves they can't come up with a new idea without recycling it.

thestoneman420
R* have become lazy, each GTA they will copy and paste vehicle models and such, then recycle them over and over again. Not to mention they even forget to delete the original models in the files. That proves they can't come up with a new idea without recycling it.

So...every time they make a new GTA they have to do everything from scratch?

People complain about how long the game is taking to release, yet you want them to re-program EVERYTHING from scratch?

You're a lunatic. Just pure crazy. That's NOT how developing a game works!

user posted image

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
I found these images in SparkIV, I had never seen them In-Game before so I was wondering what this came from? Could it be something to do with GTA V? or is it a little easter egg from R*? You decide.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

You Took That From EFLC Or Normal GTA IV?

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
normal

Uh... I don't know if rockstar started to think about gta v before 2009... but well nice find.

thestoneman420
normal

Uh... I don't know if rockstar started to think about gta v before 2009... but well nice find.

I'm pretty sure it would have started to be developed around the release of GTA4 (2008). At least GTA4 started "almost immediately after" the release of GTA: SA.

user posted image

It's evidence that proves my point that used or unused they just dumped code from SA into GTAIV. Try not to sound so stupid when you're trying to sound smart.

It's not so black and white. They may have used some code from SA but they also invested $85,000,000 into the game before release. That money clearly didn't go to just copying and pasting code.