Massimo1997

Wait, Guppy doesn´t die!!!

H.I.M.
Wait, Guppy doesn´t die!!!

No he doesn't...

dangr

Noone should die. San Andreas should have unlimited missions. sad.gif

Shoumaker

I feel Hernandez shouldnt have died, he was the only good cop out of the three. I actually wanted him to be freed from Tenpenny and Pulaski but he was killed.

Big Smoke. I know what he did, but I always felt that he shouldn't be antagonist. At the beginning he was described like one of your closest friends, I liked him way more than Sweet confused.gif , and then he turned into antagonist.

H.I.M.
I feel Hernandez shouldnt have died, he was the only good cop out of the three. I actually wanted him to be freed from Tenpenny and Pulaski but he was killed.

First when I played the mission High Noon I really hoped that we get to save him by taking him to the hospital. But when I killed Pulaski the mission ended leaving me unhappy. He was a hero and a real cop. cryani.gif

@0909090: Yeah if it weren't for Jimmy it would have been Smoke..

Radoonhagaydoon

Little Lion a few lines... boom.. OMG RPG HEADED TOWARD US... -DEAD-

Yezz007

I voted Hermandez...he is a good cop, but if he didn't get killed, he can arrest Pulaski then report Tenpenny and GTA:San Andreas might have shorter storyline....No chasing Pulaski No Chasing Tenpeny at End of The Line.

Edited by Yezz007

Radoonhagaydoon

Hernandez hardly talks tho, he talks when he tells CJ not to leave Los Santos, etc. but when other places he talks? besides High Noon when he yells at Pulakasi and he shoots him

Hernandez was quiet most of the time besides Introduction ofc maybe he didnt just talk when CJ was around:?

Papi Chulo

f*ck Jimmy Hernandez, his dumb ass deserve to die young. Beverly Johnson shoulda survived she ain't hurt soul.

lil weasel
<> Jimmy Hernandez, his dumb ass deserve to die young. Beverly Johnson shoulda survived she ain't hurt soul.

If CJ's mum didn't die he never would have come home and whole Game wouldn't exist... moto_whistle.gif

The Odyssey
Hernandez hardly talks tho, he talks when he tells CJ not to leave Los Santos, etc. but when other places he talks? besides High Noon when he yells at Pulakasi and he shoots him

Hernandez was quiet most of the time besides Introduction ofc maybe he didnt just talk when CJ was around:?

It's because he doesn't want to get in trouble so he doesn't want to talk much. If you skip to the part in the introduction where Pulaski and Tenpenny are picking up Jimmy he talks quite a lot, but then they both shut him up.

mark-2007

I voted Ryder. I thought he seemed a bit of an unnecessary villain. He seemed to have been thrown needlessly into the CJ/Sweet vs. Big Smoke rivalry that developed after The Green Sabre and never really carried enough weight or reasoning to be a true villain. Ryder was a fun character who, granted he didn't always get on with CJ, never seemed to have cause to side against the Johnsons. He was never a serious character, so to be given a starring role as a villain seemed odd. I'd have liked him to have either have sided with the Johnsons and become a secondary character that would occasionally give CJ some mission or a helping hand or I'd have liked to see him perhaps remain neutral and later help CJ and Sweet out upon their return to Los Santos, perhaps serving as an entry point back into Ganton.

I liked Big Smoke and Tenpenny as final protagonists, and their deaths seemed a fitting conclusion to the storyline. The only character I thought of voting for, other than Ryder, was Kane - I'd have liked to have seen a main antagonist for the Ballas be developed and later be killed towards the end of the game, so Kane seemed a bit wasted to be killed so early on.

Hernandez's death didn't really further the storyline. We already knew Tenpenny and Pulaski were bad guys as they'd already order the killing of one cop (Pendlebury), so Hernandez's death didn't serve to emphasise their evil. Still, I suppose it tied up a loose end. Hernandez wasn't evil enough to serve as a main antagonist, nor was he enough of a good guy (at least not until his curtain call in High Noon, so killing him off at that point made sense so that he didn't become a thorn in the writer's side later on.

Edited by mark-2007

Th3MaN1
I voted Ryder. I thought he seemed a bit of an unnecessary villain. He seemed to have been thrown needlessly into the CJ/Sweet vs. Big Smoke rivalry that developed after The Green Sabre and never really carried enough weight or reasoning to be a true villain. Ryder was a fun character who, granted he didn't always get on with CJ, never seemed to have cause to side against the Johnsons. He was never a serious character, so to be given a starring role as a villain seemed odd. I'd have liked him to have either have sided with the Johnsons and become a secondary character that would occasionally give CJ some mission or a helping hand or I'd have liked to see him perhaps remain neutral and later help CJ and Sweet out upon their return to Los Santos, perhaps serving as an entry point back into Ganton.

I liked Big Smoke and Tenpenny as final protagonists, and their deaths seemed a fitting conclusion to the storyline. The only character I thought of voting for, other than Ryder, was Kane - I'd have liked to have seen a main antagonist for the Ballas be developed and later be killed towards the end of the game, so Kane seemed a bit wasted to be killed so early on.

Hernandez's death didn't really further the storyline. We already knew Tenpenny and Pulaski were bad guys as they'd already order the killing of one cop (Pendlebury), so Hernandez's death didn't serve to emphasise their evil. Still, I suppose it tied up a loose end. Hernandez wasn't evil enough to serve as a main antagonist, nor was he enough of a good guy (at least not until his curtain call in High Noon, so killing him off at that point made sense so that he didn't become a thorn in the writer's side later on.

Agree 100%.

richard1997jones

To be honest I'm not really that concerned about the amount of players who die although I think madd dog and OG should of been killed off given the opertunity throughout the missions.

Gettin up

Didnt even know about Guppy's optional death.

I voted for him.

ten-a-penny

all the cops...especially hermandez...(like a moron who insanelity love tenpenny) I choosed tenpenny instead of jimmy :siu: I should shoose him instead, he was the only normal/innocent one between the three

MassacreGTA

Ryder, he was one of my favourite characters. Too bad he chose for the wrong side.

iiCriminnaaL 49

Ryder, I guess.

He was loyal the whole time during the story. He has just turned on since The Green Sabre, which makes no sense.

Seems like R* had to cut his character for some reason, so they hinted for his betrayal in The Introduction, then killed him off. Even his death is shameful for a character of his role in the story.

Edited by Kane49

watersgta3

I'm definitely voting for Ryder, and it's not just because he's my second favorite character of the game (behind Toreno). I know there are so many people voting for Hernandez, but as much as he didn't deserve it, he really had no point in the story to begin with, no real motivation, no true importance. Others say Kane, but regardless of his actions and character, he's still a member of the rivalry gang. Big Smoke, I'll admit, he didn't really deserve to die, but let's face it, there were already blatant clues to Smoke's betrayal. Plus unlike Ryder, Big Smoke's betrayal was more deconstructed, so it makes sense he did what he did. Ryder, on the other hand, had no real motivation of betraying anyone (don't use The Introduction as an excuse either, that was released AFTER the game was complete). Sure he and CJ didn't always see eye to eye, but other than his addiction to that wet, CJ held no ill will against Ryder and neither of them really hated each other. I feel that Ryder deserves much better development since he and CJ had a rather complex relationship and it would've been interesting to see how it would develop throughout the story. Also, Ryder's death was just dull, and even his two lines while he was being chased were recycled from his ped quotes. I also really dislike how we're supposed to despise him just because Cesar said he tried to rape Kendl, because that line came out of nowhere, and nothing in the whole beginning of the game hints at this claim the slightest bit. To me, I think that this story should've either had Ryder be in exile along with CJ and eventually work alongside CJ and Cesar in SF, or have him in rehab and CJ meets Ryder fresh out of rehab by surprise in LV and the two work together in the same fashion as CJ and Cesar in SF. It's also really jarring for me to hear some people say that Ryder, CJ's childhood friend, isn't important in the storyline, so therefore should die, yet these same people want Catalina (who never really had any real motivation in the storyline other than being another returning GTA character from a past GTA game) to appear in more missions. In conclusion, those reasons I mentioned about Ryder are why I think he shouldn't have been killed, and you can f*cking disagree with me all you want, because my point still stands.

(PS, I'm so glad that asshole Osho is banned from this site for good! He was an annoying, dogmatic douchebag who would've given out the most ridiculous reasons as to why Ryder should die for something other than his betrayal and automatically reported anyone who disagrees with his arguments.)

CoiledlikeaCobra

i did not want officer tenpenny to die because i didn't get to see his full back story of why he like turned smoke and ryder against the grove