Interactivity

gTa_Collector

gTa_Collector

Hey was just wondering if anyone else really liked how SA had a lot of interactivity with the map and was really upset with IV and how they took that interactivity away? Also would you like to be able to interact with the map more in V?

Nah, My line of thinking is more articulated hands in GTA, for moving things, picking things up, etc. It's something that's not likely but your topic title makes me think of it just the same

Racecarlock

This is the kind of realism that I actually like. Going into clubs, being able to buy food, getting in taxis. But for f*ck's sake, let us sit in benches this time around. Seriously, when I'm in the club I have to crouch on the chair to pretend I'm sitting when all it would take is a button command and an animation. And what about shopping centers and even regular shops? I'm not asking to be able to buy everything, but I'd at least like to be able to walk into the shops. I know every building can't have an interior, but give us more than IV did. It felt like most of the buildings were empty shells. And even if I can't enter a building, I'd like to see more than a flat, blurry PS2 quality texture.

And what about the street racing culture? Why did brucie's races just end in IV? What, did we run out of street racing? Did Noose suddenly crack down? I'd like to attend one of those big street racing events that also have car shows in them. Like in the fast and furious movies. It would be so cool to attend and race in one of those things. Have some of the midnight club guys help you.

I hope after that stuff, nobody tells me that just because I don't want V copying mafia II that means I want to turn it into a Saints Row game. Because I don't. I just want it to retain the old fun while adding in new fun and keeping the environment immersive without having it get in your way, like traffic laws or fuel would.

Agreed, in SA I felt like I was part of the world and actually made a difference. In GTA IV however, as far as the enviroment goes, I felt like I was just running around in this atmosphere and didn't really make a difference because, yes I could kill people but I coudln't really affect the actual enviroment.

Simple things like street vendors and vending machines, if you had more then Comedy clubs for instance, that you can interact with, it's even more of a challenge to get all that working in a game world that's as big as it can be!

Cole Phelps Gta

Interactive Radio Stations

V.C.P.R is my favorite radio station of all time (in the gta universe) Anyway the one thing that allways bugged me was the fact i couldn't donate money to V.C.P.R. I mean they where begging for money all the time LOL. I allways wanted to donate money and listen to their reaction live on air.

This is what i want in V

Donations

* Small donataion they'd mock you ''you're so poor you can only give us $5 really ? ect

* Large donation they kiss you're ass ( tommy vercetti just donated 5 grand this man is a god ect)

Huge donation. This would be the funniest ( basically they'd go on a huge rant how you deal coke,kill people ect but you're only giving them ''chump change'' this would be for donations 10 grand and over )

Ringing up talk shows just to chat

* You call up the station complaining about this that and the other thing. It's hard to say what the protag would talk about. Because we dont know who he is ect but it would be a funny 5 min convo and you'd have to ring in ect like any other phone call in the game. It wouldn't be part of the normal radio playlist. (It's a bonus)

* Ringing up like carl williams did trying to convince people you're not a murder ect but a ''clean skin'' I've allways wanted this in gta. Imagine the protag having a heated exchange with a radio host about his alledged life in crime and the whole time the protag would be like ''i have never killed anyone'' ''i dont deal drugs '' ect

Requesting a song

this would be the most stupid and pointless one but still adds fun/realism

* You can ring up the radio station and ''request you're favorite song'' sadly it would only be songs allready on the gta v playlist. However if you have songs saved on you're hard drive ect you COULD request them but it would still play from the hard drive.

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

superhobo666

Interactivity is a good idea and can work, depending on what is, and isn't interactive.

Use of benches, chairs, other seating is something NPC's did in IV, why couldn't we? it could add something to missions (Sit here and listen to what these guys around the corner are saying.)

being able to go into stores, buy things.

Hardware stores for melee.

gun shops (IE be able to "try"(look at) the weapon in the player's hands, turn the weapon via analog sticks.

go into a restaraunt, sit and eat if you want, or buy fast food and walk out while chewing on your burger.

use more items as a weapon. Splash hot coffee or liquids into someone's face for a 2 second "stun" while they are clearing their face, gives you the chance for a cheap critical hit, or to run.

throw food at them, pick up random stuff off the ground, throw/hit people with it. roll up a news paper, jab or slap people with it.

get a fishing rod, catch a fish, slap someone with the fish. (A joke looking back at /slap commands made popular by IRC "-member name- slapped -other member- with a tuna fish!")

go sit in a movie (1 hour game time.) buy popcorn or drinks, throw them at people for laughs, be careful because you can get kicked out, start a food fight, or face violent retaliation.

hit someone with a flashlight, blink it in their face for a 2 second "stun" while their eyes adjust, cheap shot (crit damage) or run. only works once on each NPC.

physical training, learn martial arts at a gym, use it on npc's (be wary, some NPC's know martial arts as well, and may be higher level than you, can disarm weapons or fight circles around you.) if there are witnesses, using martial arts techniques (separate attack button from standard buttons (or combo button presses) can/will get you a 1 star wanted level.

martial arts moves do more damage, but get more attention, only way to use without a felony is in self defense (if you instigate, you gain 1 wanted level if there are other people within a block eyesight.

muscle training does more damage in hand to hand combat, and melee weapons combat. (fire axe, sledge hammer, screwdriver, knife, golf club, etc)

exercise improves running speed/length of time.

lack of exercise (getting fat) slows you down, less run time, slower running and walking, physical damage gets slightly absorbed by your fat, (punches, melee weapon strikes(does not lessen blade damage)) you have more weight to throw around, so power attacks like a tackle, and heavy swinging punch do more damage, but are less accurate, and slower.

more random businesses like the laundromat to explore, some you can buy from, or some (Like the supermarkets in GTA SA) you can only buy from vending machines near the front, or play their arcade systems, but you can also stick up/rob the cashiers. if they run/duck, you can jump the counter, and shoot the cash registers to get money from them.

some convenience stores have the counters wrapped with bulletproof glass, and locked bullet proof glass doors in rough neighborhoods, preventing you from getting at the cashier/register/safe.

Electronics stores, look around at laptops and stuff, have gaming systems set up with small mini games as demo units.

bringing back night clubs and comedy clubs would be nice.

Buying alcohol in those places, interact with civilians in those places, similar to louis and night clubs in TBoGT.

gTa_Collector
Interactivity is a good idea and can work, depending on what is, and isn't interactive.

Use of benches, chairs, other seating is something NPC's did in IV, why couldn't we? it could add something to missions (Sit here and listen to what these guys around the corner are saying.)

gun shops (IE be able to "try"(look at) the weapon in the player's hands, turn the weapon via analog sticks.

go into a restaraunt, sit and eat if you want, or buy fast food and walk out while chewing on your burger.

use more items as a weapon. Splash hot coffee or liquids into someone's face for a 2 second "stun" while they are clearing their face, gives you the chance for a cheap critical hit, or to run.

throw food at them, pick up random stuff off the ground, throw/hit people with it. roll up a news paper, jab or slap people with it.

get a fishing rod, catch a fish, slap someone with the fish. (A joke looking back at /slap commands made popular by IRC "-member name- slapped -other member- with a tuna fish!")

go sit in a movie (1 hour game time.) buy popcorn or drinks, throw them at people for laughs, be careful because you can get kicked out, start a food fight, or face violent retaliation.

hit someone with a flashlight, blink it in their face for a 2 second "stun" while their eyes adjust, cheap shot (crit damage) or run. only works once on each NPC.

physical training, learn martial arts at a gym, use it on npc's (be wary, some NPC's know martial arts as well, and may be higher level than you, can disarm weapons or fight circles around you.) if there are witnesses, using martial arts techniques (separate attack button from standard buttons (or combo button presses) can/will get you a 1 star wanted level.

martial arts moves do more damage, but get more attention, only way to use without a felony is in self defense (if you instigate, you gain 1 wanted level if there are other people within a block eyesight.

muscle training does more damage in hand to hand combat, and melee weapons combat. (fire axe, sledge hammer, screwdriver, knife, golf club, etc)

lack of exercise (getting fat) slows you down, less run time, slower running and walking, physical damage gets slightly absorbed by your fat, (punches, melee weapon strikes(does not lessen blade damage)) you have more weight to throw around, so power attacks like a tackle, and heavy swinging punch do more damage, but are less accurate, and slower.

more random businesses like the laundromat to explore, some you can buy from, or some (Like the supermarkets in GTA SA) you can only buy from vending machines near the front, or play their arcade systems, but you can also stick up/rob the cashiers. if they run/duck, you can jump the counter, and shoot the cash registers to get money from them.

some convenience stores have the counters wrapped with bulletproof glass, and locked bullet proof glass doors in rough neighborhoods, preventing you from getting at the cashier/register/safe.

Electronics stores, look around at laptops and stuff, have gaming systems set up with small mini games as demo units.

Buying alcohol in those places, interact with civilians in those places, similar to louis and night clubs in TBoGT.

Really like you ideas and you see these things would not take that much time for R* to put in there game so i don't know why they don't it would make the game so much better.

Sitting on benches (as well as moving around a train and sitting on the chairs) was in RDR. I too hope (and think) this will be in GTA V.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

This is stupid, Rockstar aren't going to do any of these things. Besides, they have finished the game already so what you are posting is just pointless and you are wasting your energy

gTa_Collector
This is stupid, Rockstar aren't going to do any of these things. Besides, they have finished the game already so what you are posting is just pointless and you are wasting your energy

Ok and you know that they have finished the game how.... Also who cares its a forum its not like we are asking them to do it we are just saying that it would be nice where not emailing them telling them that these should be in the game or else where not buying there game its just an idea it could be some nice features in the game. Thats all!

Agreed, in SA I felt like I was part of the world and actually made a difference. In GTA IV however, as far as the enviroment goes, I felt like I was just running around in this atmosphere and didn't really make a difference because, yes I could kill people but I coudln't really affect the actual enviroment.

I could affect the enviroment in SA?! Please explain me how.

Sitting on benches (as well as moving around a train and sitting on the chairs) was in RDR. I too hope (and think) this will be in GTA V.

You can sit in GTA V.

(watch 0:17 in the gta v trailer)

I didn't find GTA IV so much less interactive as GTA SA. I mean, there were things in GTA SA, witch you could interact just in GTA IV. The car wash in LS, the bowling building in Fort Carson In GTA IV you could use taxis to drive around the city. You could interact with your friends. You could watch TV, use computers, etc.

FranticFatality

I would love to pick up a fire hydrant and crush someone's skull with it. I would like to interact with lots of items, even a broken branch, that you could just to whack people biggrin.gif

the nameless

Some interaction is good, things like the gym (I liked making my CJ a meat head, and the extra stamina really comes in handy), I like the idea of watching a movie - as long as we dont have to sit through it, and it could take some heat off of you. Playing pool and keeping the cue to smash people with, that kind of stuff. What I dont want to see is LA Noire/Heavy Rain style: turn on light switches, turn on taps, press square and half spin the right stick to wipe your ass smile.gif etc.

I just want to be able to knock down smaller trees when I smash into them with a vehicle.

Just like the other guy said, LET US SIT THE f*ck DOWN ALREADY!!!!! Every chair in the game should be able to be sat upon.

Sitting around playing a game sitting around sounds boring.

fV9tG4b.gif

It's called immersion.

Racecarlock

So don't sit around. Simple. I just think the interactivity should be there because it'll add another one of those small touches that makes the world so much more immersive. You won't have to use a bench, but it'll be there for when you do want to use one. Simple. You won't be forced to use one.

Jai2NyceX_X

Really like you ideas and you see these things would not take that much time for R* to put in there game so i don't know why they don't it would make the game so much better.

Great stuff.