GTA V COMING TO WII U (2013)

BrimStone7

ShotGunRain

It could come to WII U later. By the way you should search before posting a topic there are plenty of topics about Grand Theft Auto being on WII U.

It could come to WII U later. By the way you should search before posting a topic there are plenty of topics about Grand Theft Auto being on WII U.

I did do a search but nothing came up about this article. This was just added to Kotaku.

I think its fake.. i do think R* will release GTA V on PS3/PC/X360 first then they might port it to Wii-U when it comes out but nothing is confirmed yet, so i don't know..

Did you read the article? You say it's from Kotaku but did you read what they said? They say they can't find a source for the GTa announcement, not from Take-Two, not from any magazines, etc and accuse the website of making it up, the website responded with they have heard about but Kotaku points out the only place it has been mentioned is by word of mouth from Analysts (you know, those guys who have been wrong regarding EVERYTHING GTA V related thus far).

I'm sorry but kotaku is a just as reliable source of info as any of the trolls on this forum are.

InSanitable

If the Wii U's specs listed on Wikipedia are correct it will be like trying to play any video game with a potato, completely pointless/useless/humorous . But to stay on topic, I highly doubt it.

Yeah, its a rumor but according to these guys its a reliable source.

http://kotaku.com/5898476/were-not-buying-...unch-date-rumor

what do you guys think?

Dude, if you knew it was a rumour you would have known that by failing to mention this in the topic title - people would be mislead into coming here thinking it's official. Don't play dumb please, you did it on purpose to get the attention you no longer deserve.

You can't tell me that by putting in full capital letters, "GTA V COMING TO WII U", you aren't surprised people would assume you were stating a fact. A simple question mark (?) and brief "rumour" caption would go a long way. Not to mention a search query, because this topic has been debated since trailer release.

f*cking sick of these "trolls in disguise"

Finn 7 five 11
Did you read the article? You say it's from Kotaku but did you read what they said? They say they can't find a source for the GTa announcement, not from Take-Two, not from any magazines, etc and accuse the website of making it up, the website responded with they have heard about but Kotaku points out the only place it has been mentioned is by word of mouth from Analysts (you know, those guys who have been wrong regarding EVERYTHING GTA V related thus far).

Did anyone here aside from ash read the article? Clearly none of you did not, this is not about Kotaku and spreading rumours, they are saying its not true.

This is the title of the article, for f*cks sake just the title, nobody could read that far?

We’re Not Buying New Fast-Spreading Wii U Launch Date Rumor [uPDATE]

Kotaku have been releasing a whole heap of sh*t. Don't believe anything from them.

Yeah, but they said the setting will be Los Angeles prior to the trailer. Of course it could be a lucky guess, but who knows.

Everything in Kotaku is "a reliable source" lol I doubt it'll be beneficial to Rockstar (people would have to buy the console), but I guess it depends on how Nintendo insists.

So in this thread, only myself and one other person actually read the article, the rest of you are just spouting crap that isn't even on topic, you're all talking against Kotaku when the article on Kotaku points out how this rumour is a lie! tounge.gif

Phantomkick

if it coming to Wii U why not? i think people are too fanboism to PS3\XBOX\PC

Edited by darkdude

S1LV3R_W0LF

Thats not being a fanboy, it's just being realistic, those exist Wii U doesn't exist yet or started selling do you think if a game like GTA is available on those platforms someone is gonna buy a Nintendo just for that game?

Unless it was being developed already or being ported from an advanced graphic version like the PC, I don't think they would be investing a lot on something like it.

I don't think anything GTA-related is gonna be published by Nintendo on a Family-Friendly console. I just don't see it happening for obvious reasons.

I don't think anything GTA-related is gonna be published by Nintendo on a Family-Friendly console. I just don't see it happening for obvious reasons.

Nintendo doesn't publish the 3rd party games on its consoles. Just like Sony doesn't publish the 3rd party games on the PS3 and Microsoft doesn't publish the 3rd party games on the 360.

And just a look back on the history of games published on Nintendo console shows how much you are just being biased against Nintendo. All of the following games are rated M in the North American territory:

Bio F.R.E.A.K.S., Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 3, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Mortal Kombat 4, and Doom on Super Nintendo (Note: At the time, all had to be heavily censored to be on Nintendo consoles, this is no longer the case)

Carmageddon N64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Daikatana 64, Doom 64, Duke N64, ECW: Hardcore Revolution, Forsaken, Hexen, Mace The Dark Age, Mortal Kombat Mythologies, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Nightmare Creatures, Perfect Dark, Quake, Quake II N64, South Park, South Park Rally, South Park: Chef's luv Shack, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Turok 2, Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion, Turok: Rage Wars, and War Gods for N64 (Note: Conker's BFD and Perfect Dark were both 2nd party games)

Bad Boys Miami Takedown, Blood Rayne, BMX XXX, Celebrity Deathmatch, Dead To Rights, Def Jam Fight for NY, Die Hard: Vendetta, Enclave, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Geist, Gun, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hunter: The Reckoning, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death, Killer 7, Knights of the Temple, Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter, Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, Midway Arcade Treasures 2, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Red Faction 2, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Resident Evil Zero, Road Kill, Robocop, Rogue Ops, Serious Sam, Spartan: Total Warrior, Spawn, The Suffering, TimeSplitters Future Perfect, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, True Crime: New York City, True Crime: Streets of L.A., Turok: Evolution, and XIII for GameCube (Note: Eternal Darkness and Geist are both first party games)

Alone In The Dark, Brothers In Arms Earned in Blood, Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition, Call of Duty: World at War, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Hard Evidence, CSI: Deadly Intent, CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, Cursed Mountain, Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop, Dead Space Extraction, Driver: Parallel Lines, Escape from Bug Island, Far Cry Vengeance, JU-ON: The Grudge, MadWorld, Manhunt 2, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Obscure: The Aftermath, Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, Sexy Poker, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Sniper Elite, Splatterhouse 2, Target: Terror, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins, The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, The House of the Dead: Overkill, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent for Wii (Note: More games are coming for this console still) (Note: Manhunt 2 is a Rockstar Game)

And even on the handhelds:

Mortal Kombat 3 and Southpark for GameBoy

None for GameBoy Color (Note: GTA 1 and 2 were on the GBC, but rated T)

Dual Blades, Grand Theft Auto Advance, Max Payne Advance, Mortal Kombat Advance, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition, Payback, Serious Sam Advance, and Wolfenstein 3D for GameBoy Advance (Note: Grand Theft Auto and Max Payne are both Rockstar Games)

C.O.R.E., Crime Scene, Dementium II, Dementium: The Ward, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Resident Evil Deadly Silence, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, theresia, Touch the Dead, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat for DS (Note: More games are coming for this console still) (Note: GTA:CtW is a Rockstar Game)

Driver Renegade, Jaws Ultimate Predator, Metal Gear Solid 3D, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, and Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS (Note: More games are coming for this console still)

Edited by jnzooger

I don't think Rockstar wasn't planning to make "Grand theft auto V" for the Wii U...

user posted image

Hello, I'm new here and I was wondering about if GTA will come to the WII U. I know the person who pasted the website and another guy said it was fake information, but I did a google search and Wiiudaily (http://wiiudaily.com/2012/03/grand-theft-auto-5-coming-to-wii-u-in-2013/) said that it was coming in 2013. What do you guys think about this?

Excellent post jnzooger, glad to see someone who separates themselves from the usual crowd of people ignorant about Nintendo consoles icon14.gif .

I've said this in some of the earlier topics about the Wii U: It's possible for it to be released to the console. I'd say pretty much everything we've heard about it so far though is just speculation, but the Wii U has the hardware (more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PS3), and will probably be introduced at around the price the Xbox 360 and PS3 are being sold now.

Oh, and don't forget that a lot of people always said "No GTA game will ever come out on Nintendo DS" back when the Stories games were being released. Look what happened after that.

UtricularEwe001
Excellent post jnzooger, glad to see someone who separates themselves from the usual crowd of people ignorant about Nintendo consoles icon14.gif .

I've said this in some of the earlier topics about the Wii U: It's possible for it to be released to the console. I'd say pretty much everything we've heard about it so far though is just speculation, but the Wii U has the hardware (more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PS3), and will probably be introduced at around the price the Xbox 360 and PS3 are being sold now.

Oh, and don't forget that a lot of people always said "No GTA game will ever come out on Nintendo DS" back when the Stories games were being released. Look what happened after that.

no the latest rumor is that wii u is underpowered than 360 and ps3 .wii u

and even some developers have said that although its offering innovative play,its graphics and hardware dont match 360 and ps3

I haven't done my research on the Wii U, but I doubt it's capable of playing GTA V. The Wii consoles are for the casual gamer that plays video games a few times a week, and the games are extremely non-competetive and light-hearted. These are my reasons for doubting the Wii U release for GTAV.

I haven't done my research on the Wii U, but I doubt it's capable of playing GTA V. The Wii consoles are for the casual gamer that plays video games a few times a week, and the games are extremely non-competetive and light-hearted. These are my reasons for doubting the Wii U release for GTAV.

Well the Wii U isn't the same as the "Wii" we know. Since the Wii recently hasn't been in the spotlight for a while, with Skyward Sword being their only (and last) blockbuster in the past couple of years, I think it would be smart for Nintendo to branch back up with the "core" crowd and have a GTA port for their new console. I mean R* can take advantage of the tablet controller and implement it in ways the Ps3 or Xbox 360 can't (maybe be used as the cell phone??). And besides I'm pretty sure the Wii U will have a Rainbow Six game off the bat, and it looks like it has online multi-player, so maybe Nintendo is trying to grab both sides of the market?

If it did happen to be on the Wii U, Then you already know that Nintendo will reference Mario and Zelda in the game -_-

If it did happen to be on the Wii U, Then you already know that Nintendo will reference Mario and Zelda in the game -_-

Why? they aren't making the game or porting it, if there is a reference it will be all R* doing

P I N K ^ F L O Y D

Any of you see the latest Techspot articles? They report Wii U is not up to snuff even compared to Xbox 360 and PS3, this from an actual game developer for the system!!

They've actually had to downgrade the Wii U's hardware to make it affordable. It's not as powerful as the PS3 or Xbox360, either, although it's probably much closer than the Wii is. I think they had a target of being more powerful, since it's technically a next-gen console, but it simply wasn't economically viable. A number of developers have been reporting as such, though I may be misinformed.