Ruin

Ugh CSGO casual...

Well, there's your problem right there.

98 in 1

Ugh CSGO casual...

it's almost like he has to play casual to be able to play competitive

Coin

Report them and all of them get banned (I doubt it was a "she's a girl so I'll let her kill me", more like a "I'm streaming, let me kill you all and give away all the positions of your teammates"), that's what I did when someone else did the same thing, we also votekicked them since it was just two of them (one feeder, showed him where everyone was and the guy getting the kills).

I do wish Casual had team damage sometimes.

Reporting doesn't seem to do anything in casual from my experiences since only comp matches go to overwatch. These days I only report someone using hacks, for example, if people refuse to kick them from the lobby.

People either throw for girl streamers, or globals get in their lobby and carry them because of needyness. Meanwhile I sit here with voice_enable 0 and topfrag with pure aim.

I think I'm just more surprised that it has taken me so long to actually encounter this sort of situation. I did add a girl streamer a while back, and there is definite thirst from people when she's on the mic, but she at least tries to play the game and ignores the sh*t.

I don't like Casual because there tends to be no teamwork and you get hackers.

Competitive is a better experience and it really isn't that hard. You get a lot less nonsense (hackers, feeders, idiots spamming the ISIS theme down the mic and calling me a fascist, kids with P90s who refuse to play in a constructive way) and there's a much better atmosphere.

Depends. See Lilith's post.

Ugh CSGO casual has to have one of the most cancerous groups of players I've ever had the displeasure of coming across. Everything Coin said above is right, all these players throwing the game for a nonexistent chance "with" her while everyone else is trying to play the damn game, purposefully scamming the game in the other team's favor every round. She's not even that good a player, ffs....

Or when I got kicked earlier in the night after landing a 5k with the deagle then defused the bomb.. :lol:

EU Competitive is just as, if not more cancerous than Casual if you solo-queue. But there are the few occasional games where you get matched with somewhat decent people, but the odds for that are about as likely as pulling a ST FN Kara Doppler in your next case. And Competitive isn't just as easy, but there's a bit to learn to be a viable player, when it's an even game you won't be able to just run around and 3k with just aim. Aim is not the only aspect, Competitive has a bit of depth, unless the only map you play is dust2.

Source: ~2k hours playtime

Aus competitive is really quite cancerous too in solo-queue. I'm just not bothering with that at the moment.

Only playing dust 2 reminds me of someone... teehee

online-bingo.jpg

Edited by ¥en

Lilіth

Casual, comprared to Demolition, Arms Race and Deathmatch givesthe most XP, so while there is a choice of gamemodes to play while you're below Rank 3, the gamemode that gets you there the fastest is Casual. However, all those gamemodes. except maybe Demolition, focus on individualism, as nobody plays DM to make calls or practice smokes/popflashes on Inferno. So even when you do reach Rank 3, the readiness for Competitive is far away.

Gummy 

how do i get better at this...

i was playing competitive with a super mega pro guy which i'll never be as good as and i was flamed for doing a single small f*cking mistake

one time i also got kicked for being terrible...

not to mention that it looks like my internet wants me to lose, when i browse the internet and play other games, the speed is fast, when i play CS GO, it always f*ck up and goes unstable. Now i can't play competitive.

Edited by Gummy 

Coin

Casual, comprared to Demolition, Arms Race and Deathmatch givesthe most XP, so while there is a choice of gamemodes to play while you're below Rank 3, the gamemode that gets you there the fastest is Casual. However, all those gamemodes. except maybe Demolition, focus on individualism, as nobody plays DM to make calls or practice smokes/popflashes on Inferno. So even when you do reach Rank 3, the readiness for Competitive is far away.

I think deathmatch has potential for the highest amount of XP per match but you need to be hitting like 600+ score every game or something crazy like that. I can win them occasionally but I've only hit upwards of 400 once.

i was playing competitive with a super mega pro guy which i'll never be as good as and i was flamed for doing a single small f*cking mistake

not to mention that it looks like my internet wants me to lose, when i browse the internet and play other games, the speed is fast, when i play CS GO, it always f*ck up and goes unstable. Now i can't play competitive.

Well, that's the nature of competitive. Unfortunately you're much more likely to encounter people who would rather flame you than try to help. A little bit of positive encouragement can go a long way, but being toxic is a good way for people to get their team holding that L instead of Charlie Sheening.

It's hard to say what you need to improve though without seeing you play.

What ping do you get when you play?

What is your rank currently?

Do you play with a headset*?

What weapons do you use or prefer to use?

Do you know the callouts for the maps you play on regularly?

Do you know the common smokes for maps you play on regularly?

*I don't currently play with a headset (don't own one). It's a pretty big hindrance IMO.

Lilіth

I think deathmatch has potential for the highest amount of XP per match but you need to be hitting like 600+ score every game or something crazy like that. I can win them occasionally but I've only hit upwards of 400 once.

This is true if you're able to hit 630 score or more. I can manage to get 700-800 on some days. However, newer players will struggle to hit even 500, making it not the most viable method for getting to Rank 3, unless you're making a smurf.

Pavle

Yay! Back in DMG. :D

Fireman

Report them and all of them get banned (I doubt it was a "she's a girl so I'll let her kill me", more like a "I'm streaming, let me kill you all and give away all the positions of your teammates"), that's what I did when someone else did the same thing, we also votekicked them since it was just two of them (one feeder, showed him where everyone was and the guy getting the kills).

I do wish Casual had team damage sometimes.

Reporting doesn't seem to do anything in casual from my experiences since only comp matches go to overwatch. These days I only report someone using hacks, for example, if people refuse to kick them from the lobby.

Reporting works great in casual. If there was a "Snitch" badge for reporting and getting banned 30 people, I'd already have it from only casual. Didn't see any in competitive from the couple of matches I played.

Edited by Fireman

Ruin

Ugh CSGO casual...

Except he doesn't.

Demolition & Arms Race will build individual skill and aim much faster than casual will.

YA BOY DIRT

Except he doesn't.

except i literally need to

Edited by Dirt

Pavle

BsPvmL9.png

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I ranked up from DMG!

Niobium

BsPvmL9.png

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I ranked up from DMG!

congrats! now you are MLG

r9jZBLV.gif

Gummy 

*I don't currently play with a headset (don't own one). It's a pretty big hindrance IMO.

I get below 100ms when entering a server, but after a few seconds it goes up to >400ms and goes up and down occasionally, mostly staying up though

Rank 5

No

Assault rifles

Kinda

Yes.

Lilіth

Pavle - congrats

Yen - Popflashes make life even easier.

Coin

@Gummy - I meant your skillgroup, not your private rank.

Yen - Popflashes make life even easier.

True that. Still learning myself though... I didn't even know you could toss grenades with the right mouse button until relatively recently, haha.

Lilіth

You can also press both and toss them midrange. There's also a few combinations involving releasing rmb or lmb that change trajectory, too.

stojev

Well, that's the nature of competitive. Unfortunately you're much more likely to encounter people who would rather flame you than try to help. A little bit of positive encouragement can go a long way, but being toxic is a good way for people to get their team holding that L instead of Charlie Sheening.

It's hard to say what you need to improve though without seeing you play.

40-60

Legendary Eagle Master

Yes TurtleBeach px22

USP / Deagle / AWP / M4a4 / SSG 08

yes lol

yes lol

RedDagger

I don't think that was meant as a general question :p

Also, oh hey it's the guy that carries Pav

Sawnek

When I first started playing CS:GO I got into Silver III, and it took me forever to get out of it. A few days ago I reached Legendary Eagle, and I'm still finding ways that I can improve. To those who want to improve, the way I did it was to practice on Deathmatch and retake servers, as well as on aim maps to improve accuracy, learn the maps and strats (i.e. callouts, smokes and flashes). It's better said than done, but practice on the game constantly and you'll find yourself improving.

Sadly the toxic players never really go away unless you pre-make with a few friends, and even that isn't certain.

Niobium

if anyone wants to play CS with me, feel free to add me. i'm MGII at the moment

Nickname: NiobiumNiobiumNiobium

Lilіth

^You could've linked to your Steam profile directly, rather than redirecting to your userpage.

Played Comp since about a month, got the worst team matchup imaginable. It wasn't Russians either, it was 2 premade Turks, and 2 random Turks, who didn't even bother with English and left me with voice_enable 0. 7-16 was the result, while one of them left abandoned mid-game, and the topfrag of the other team had 100-ish hours.

Edited by LilithAkuma

Niobium

^You could've linked to your Steam profile directly, rather than redirecting to your userpage.

the hell? i didn't type in that link. must have been a glitch or something.

Ruin

40-60

Legendary Eagle Master

Yes TurtleBeach px22

USP / Deagle / AWP / M4a4 / SSG 08

yes lol

yes lol

You...

giphy.gif

I demand a rematch for my honor (and nuts, which were raped and destroyed that time) all these months later...

Lilіth

^You can't reclaim what's been de_stroyed

Ruin

But I can steal it.

Lilіth

No, it's all wrecked. You can't just salvage and steal a corpse too, can you?

Ruin

Depends. How long has the corpse been, well, dead?

RavingWithJesus

Mrw I derank to GN2 for the second time. :facedesk:

I demand a rematch for my honor (and nuts, which were raped and destroyed that time) all these months later...

I'd like to see this. He'd probably still kick your ass tho...

Ruin

Not any harder than I've kicked yours since time immemorial.