The April Fool's Topic

bluesboyjr

As you should be aware, tomorrow is April 1st (unless you're Australian, in which case you're there already). And as is customary, April Fool's Day is the day when practically every website admin on the internet decide that they're some sort of comedic geniuses and start posting fake news stories and messing with their site layout. At the end of the day, great fun is had by all. So I thought it would be nice to create a topic where we could share links to websites which have gone all crazy-go-nuts for the 'holiday', so we can all have a good laugh.

I started this topic early because Google has already started their shenanigans by launching Google Maps for the NES:

Try it out for yourself. Don't forget to use Streetview!

The best bit about this is, I'm on street view from a few years ago, so now I've been converted into 8-bit.

user posted image

The best bit about this is, I'm on street view from a few years ago, so now I've been converted into 8-bit.

No way!!!...That's great.

My house is always blocked by trees when in street view.

I'm the yellow house towards the right.

user posted image

AlexGTAGamer

That Google Street View is awesome, I'll never look at my house in the same way again. lol.gif

user posted image

Usually in normal view the camera snapped my ma' walking through the door, but now in 8-bit she's gone.

EDIT:

YouTube has now brought us "The YouTube Collection on DVD" for April 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/theyoutubecollection

Edited by AlexGTAGamer

Last time my house was shot was in 2008, lazy Google bastards.

Out back of my house (there's a alleyway) Google van went behind it, and my dad was sat in a wheelbarrow having some coffee, sadly. In 8bit, he's gone tounge.gif

For all you Minecraft fans, Notch has announced that his next game will be a totally original space RPG with such unique features as waist-high walls and "a game ending that makes sense".

Los Santos Pedestrian

I just tried to make an April Fool's joke here and it immediately got deleted. I'm really bad at this, and my head is down in shame.

I just tried to make an April Fool's joke here and it immediately got deleted. I'm really bad at this, and my head is down in shame.

Yeah it was quite terrible, so i binned it to save face. Doesn't help when you have been 'hacked' yet the post IP's are the same tounge.gif.

Lol at the Youtube joke.

s0h607k.jpg

Los Santos Pedestrian

Doesn't help when you have been 'hacked' yet the post IP's are the same tounge.gif.

Only the mods can see IP's, so why is it a problem? 9 out of 10 of the users aren't mods and can't see it, which means a lot of people are probably going to be tricked.

Society is losing brain cells by the minute anyway, so April Fool's jokes are getting easier.

Not sure if it deserved its own topic but go to the wikipedia home page and read the ''did you know'' section its pretty hilarious, never knew wikipedia celebrated april fools, heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page as I said, not sure if it deserved its own topic but here we are!

Topic merged

Thompson.png

So as not to be waste of a thread, lets just dump here all of the April 1st jokes big sites/companies pull.

Google announced 8-bit version of Google Maps. Make sure to check out how to get it on your NES.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

So as not to be waste of a thread, lets just dump here all of the April 1st jokes big sites/companies pull.

Or you could just scroll down the forum and use the topic that had already been started.

Anyhoos, Wikipedia does that every year (I've seen that "British police become serious and organised" one so many times).

Or you could just scroll down the forum and use the topic that had already been started.

I have a perfectly good explanation for this which I am about to present. But first, LOOK OVER THERE A THREE-HEADED MONKEY.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

There was a viral leak about a sale that is supposedly starting tomorrow (the 2nd) all throughout last week, selling a bunch of games and gaming consoles.

I'm anticipating the reveal sometime soon. Seems too good to be true.

For me, I don't expect to get hoodwinked, I'm usually wise to the fact of what day it is, but "What Month is it?" ....."What Day??! " "Year!!?"

Michael Biehn in The Terminator (1984)

In my case, I still recall the hoopla over the Electronic Arts GTAF buyout, it rings fresh in my mind as such a scam, even the Mods were taken by it! That was a well planned and executed one I'd have to say.

New Nyan Cat:

http://nyan.cat/

Also, I'm using AdBlock for Chrome. But today, instead of adds it showed me cats. When I scrolled over and wanted to close it, the 1st April message came up. I didn't take any pics though.

OysterBarron

f*ck yeah!

rofl

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

A couple of ideas:

user posted image

I particularly like the airhorn and the candy onion.

Another idea is to lean a bin full of water against someone's door and ring the bell. If it's someone you hate...

LOL DeviantArt has gone cat crazy! They've selected all cat pics for their Daily Deviations and I constantly keep getting "Mandatory Cat Education" mesages with random facts. (what's with april fool's and cats?) lol.gif

I quite liked YouTube's. It made me feel a little... funny, for some reason, in an unsettling way.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

TvTropes has been playing around with their homepage for the last 24 hours, yesterday it was in some obscure foreign language, and now it's typed out to sound like Elmer Fudd. Not sure if it's actually connected to April Fools, or if their trying something new.

4chan's servers are offline, but that happens every other week anyways, I'm not sure if it's some strange april fools joke, or just the usual technical problems.

Reddit has released the reddit time machine which redirects to various time-themed subreddits.

The Pirate Bay has bought Greece's airspace.

That's all I've found so far.

AlexGTAGamer

The Daily Mail (of all papers) have rounded up a few April Fools joke news stories, including:

- Simon Cowell and David Walliams frolick in a London park.

- Richard Branson announced Virgin Volcanic and said he plans to take Hollywood actor Tom Hanks along for the ride for deep space exploration by three people into the molten lava core of an active volcano.

- Roberto Mancini can't stop Sir Alex Ferguson in his big red machine.

etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...mpagne-tax.html

IGN has got the low down on the new

GameTrailers has exclusive gameplay footage of the upcoming Atari arcade game Food Fight.

The webcomic xkcd is doing... something. You get a different comic depending on your web browser, operating system, window size and location.

KnowYourMeme are selling off all of their internet memes - I've bought the Grand Theft Auto Cover Parody meme for just $6.69!