4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

100% complete savegame with minimal crime

PettyTheftCandy

PettyTheftCandy

Recently I decided to replay GTA 4, my OCD kicked in and I decided to do a crimeless/perfect run. Here's my PC save file for a 100% complete game with following stats:

0 People Killed

0 Cars Stolen

0 Bikes Stolen

5 Boats Stolen

1 Helicopter Stolen

38 Wanted Stars

0 People Run Down

0 Fires Started

100% Firing Accuracy

0 Times Died

0 Times Busted

0 Missions Failed

0 Times Cheated

AFAIK these are the lowest crime stats possible while still getting 100%. Inspired by the GTA 4 Crimeless FAQ:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/933037-gra...o-iv/faqs/53480

Savegame:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2nj2gnk22g...PctComplete_zip

PettyTheftCandy

There's quite a few ways to kill people without it counting:

- Dwayne backup

- Police backup

- Crashing cars/bikes till they catch fire, then parking them next to people

- Bailing out of a car/bike before it runs someone over

- Repeated sprinting into someone, causing them to fall down, take damage and die

- Aligning yourself so enemies fire into propane tanks etc and blow themselves up

Cars/bikes/helicopters can be stolen without counting by pushing them into safehouse parking spots, driving far away and coming back.

Also most scripted executions and car thefts in the storyline missions don't actually count towards the stats.

Most of these tactics are explained in detail in the FAQ I linked.

Edited by Xeth
There's quite a few ways to kill people without it counting:

- Dwayne backup

- Police backup

- Crashing cars/bikes till they catch fire, then parking them next to people

- Bailing out of a car/bike before it runs someone over

- Repeated sprinting into someone, causing them to fall down, take damage and die

- Aligning yourself so enemies fire into propane tanks etc and blow themselves up

Cars/bikes/helicopters can be stolen without counting by pushing them into safehouse parking spots, driving far away and coming back.

Also most scripted executions and car thefts in the storyline missions don't actually count towards the stats.

Most of these tactics are explained in detail in the FAQ I linked.

u have to kill several characters by yourselve. Vlad and that armanian guy for instance very early on where dwayne back up isnt available..

PettyTheftCandy

Vlad you can push into the water and he will drown. Not sure who you mean by the Armenian guys... if its the loan sharks in bleed out you can draw the two guys into traffic and let cars run over them by accident, and the last guy doesn't count towards stats if he falls out of the window.

sry for reposting but let me get this straight u actually set a car on fire and put it next to Vlad when killing him?

I think this falls under the topic: You know youve played IV too much when..

Im impressed but it really sucks the fun out of it dont u think? Btw what is the least amount of people U HAVE TO KILL in the game without using any of these measures?

PettyTheftCandy

sry for reposting but let me get this straight u actually set a car on fire and put it next to Vlad when killing him?

Im impressed but it really sucks the fun out of it dont u think? Btw what is the least amount of people U HAVE TO KILL in the game without using any of these measures?

I'm not sure what the minimum is but it's at least 50. And no I just punched and pushed Vlad until he fell into the water. There's only a couple of missions where I had to do the exploding car thing.

I don't usually play GTA 4, but when I do, I do it OCD style wink.gif

I'm not sure what the minimum is but it's at least 50. And no I just punched and pushed Vlad until he fell into the water. There's only a couple of missions where I had to do the exploding car thing.

Ight, cus Ive been tryin to keep my killing number down cus I usally end up with about 500. But I recently started a new game and I dont run people over anymore which is adds up in the end if u pay some 30 hours..

Another question, I cannot imagine how u complete a mission such as shadow without killing anyone? The dealers are in an apartment, the only thing I can think of is if exploding those red things if they dont count as actually killing

PettyTheftCandy

Ight, cus Ive been tryin to keep my killing number down cus I usally end up with about 500. But I recently started a new game and I dont run people over anymore which is adds up in the end if u pay some 30 hours..

Another question, I cannot imagine how u complete a mission such as shadow without killing anyone? The dealers are in an apartment, the only thing I can think of is if exploding those red things if they dont count as actually killing

In Shadow you just have to incapacitate all 3 dealers. Shoot them in the arms and legs. Once all three are on the ground the mission is complete.

StonersDarkness

In Shadow you just have to incapacitate all 3 dealers. Shoot them in the arms and legs. Once all three are on the ground the mission is complete.

oh damn, i killed them... tounge.gif

im on my 4th going of the story and am trying to complete the game without dying or cheating...

so far im doing good... but im comming up on Snow Patrol and i KNOW that was a MOTHERf*ckER of a mission to beat... cool.gif

which brings me to this... how did you complete all these "harder" missions, like Snow Patrol?

PettyTheftCandy

Do you mean Snow Storm? Same as Shadow, just incapacitate people by shooting them in the arms/legs/gut. It's pretty easy if you go around the back and climb up the ladder. Most missions where you have to fight a bunch of people are all relatively easy because they can all be taken down without killing them, and there's shortcuts a lot of the time.

Hardest missions for me were Concrete Jungle, where I had to drive a burning bike into the house without dying to the shotgun dude, and Waste Not Want Knots, where I had to run past the 3 guards near the money bag without dying (they die if I shoot them).

Do you mean Snow Storm? Same as Shadow, just incapacitate people by shooting them in the arms/legs/gut. It's pretty easy if you go around the back and climb up the ladder. Most missions where you have to fight a bunch of people are all relatively easy because they can all be taken down without killing them, and there's shortcuts a lot of the time.

Hardest missions for me were Concrete Jungle, where I had to drive a burning bike into the house without dying to the shotgun dude, and Waste Not Want Knots, where I had to run past the 3 guards near the money bag without dying (they die if I shoot them).

So if u kil them by shooting them in their legs it doesnt count in the stats?

PettyTheftCandy

So if u kil them by shooting them in their legs it doesnt count in the stats?

That's right. This works for most enemies but not all. They're not actually killed because they roll around on the ground and moan. You can also shoot them in the gut but this might kill them if you use a high powered weapon like assault rifle or combat pistol.

PettyTheftCandy
I'm not going to believe you until we see some proof! What's your social club id?

Uhh I posted the savegame right there...

I find this an interesting concept but completing the game to 100% with minimal crime is too extreme even for me!

Xeth, your minimal kill stat is very impressive. I've tried to get zero kills for Concrete Jungle and Waste Not Want Knots and failed - I came very close with Concrete Jungle, where our techniques sound similar. Although, I've found that sometimes when the bike sets on fire so does Niko. Also found that after the explosion Jacob sets himself on fire. Not an easy task by any means. icon14.gif

Waste Not Want Knots - I've experimented with driving an ambulance under the office to gain access to the cash (with less damage to health). How you did this one is beyond me...

For anyone interested in killing without the kills counting in your people killed stat, there is some info on this subject in my thread for the GTA IV Minimal Kill Challenge. Sadly the thread was wrecked by trolling/spam posts so I've since abandoned the challenge.

The Minimal Kill Challenge

Jasper

PettyTheftCandy

I find this an interesting concept but completing the game to 100% with minimal crime is too extreme even for me!

Xeth, your minimal kill stat is very impressive. I've tried to get zero kills for Concrete Jungle and Waste Not Want Knots and failed - I came very close with Concrete Jungle, where our techniques sound similar. Although, I've found that sometimes when the bike sets on fire so does Niko. Also found that after the explosion Jacob sets himself on fire. Not an easy task by any means.  icon14.gif

Waste Not Want Knots - I've experimented with driving an ambulance under the office to gain access to the cash (with less damage to health). How you did this one is beyond me...

For anyone interested in killing without the kills counting in your people killed stat, there is some info on this subject in my thread for the GTA IV Minimal Kill Challenge. Sadly the thread was wrecked by trolling/spam posts so I've since abandoned the challenge.

The Minimal Kill Challenge

Jasper

It helps to be on the PC for Waste not Want Knots, since I can quickly aim for the guards' legs using a mouse. If I shoot them in the leg as I run past, I will get 1 shotgun blast from each of first 2 guards and 1 SMG burst from the last guard. This combined with full health+armor and some luck I can grab the cash and then jump out of the window on the other side with just a sliver of health left. I doubt I would have pulled it off on a console.

Concrete Jungle took me literally about 25 tries. It was brutal. I found though that a PCJ-600 can be reliably set on fire without burning Niko by shooting the engine until light smoke comes out, and then shooting it 15 more times with a standard pistol. This takes the health of the bike to just above 0. You can then gently bump it into a wall (maybe a few times) to start a small fire.

Edited by Xeth

I'm also playing on PC - I will be re-investigating these two missions when I have time!

I'm just pleased to know that these two missions can be completed with zero kills. I've done all the others and worked out the strategies - undertaker wasn't easy either!

Remember, I'm playing a game where I can commit crimes. Most of the missions were easy. When I saw your post about Concrete Jungle and Waste Not Want Knots I knew what you had been through to get those stats!

I've already had some success with the exploding motorbike technique for Concrete Jungle but only on practice runs where I'd already killed the runners from the deal! I just need to get a perfect run. In the minimal kill challenge it is possible to block the alleyway with a stolen Firetruck and two stolen cars (plus another for the explosion) which makes the first part a lot easier.

EDIT: I have now completed Waste Not Want Knots with zero kills (but only in practice games). I used a Firetruck to move the assailants in the office further back, then climbed onto the firetruck to get into the office and steal the Mafia's cash and exit the same way [this avoids all the hazards of the walkway]. To get rid of the 9 mafia goons outside the Waste Management Plant, leave Packie, Gordon and Michael in a safe place, you can collect them later. There are several ways to kill the Mafia guards, Dwayne's friends are one option or gain a two star wanted level and get the cops to kill the Mafia. You can shoot the guy on the stairs and make him fall. Several others can be crushed or killed with exploding vehicles. When they are all dead, restore your health and armour, get a firetruck and collect Packie, Gordon and Michael. Drive straight into the building, powerslide the firetruck to get it to turn, and park with the front end just below the office. You might need to reverse to use the water canon on the mafia guys. It is hard to see what is going on in the office from the cab of the firetruck. Don't run your own guys over! The rest is really about making a mad-dash with the cash, run and swim for that boat and never look back. icon14.gif

Edited by Jasper Petrol