3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP] GTA 1 Converted to RAGE

ZZCOOL

i am not sure if this is the right section to post but i really wanted to share it (blaster made this)

video 2

Damn. I really didn't think anyone would try. Kudos to them. icon14.gif

the project was actually scrapped but i tryed to convince blaster to reboot it smile.gif

not sure if it really is rebooted though

This is the right place but you guys need to release it XD

yes i think so too but this was an experiment to see if anyone liked it he did all this in 3 hours haha

EverLost123

Actually , there are tools for mass converting maps to RAGE. Obviously you need to do alot of things before/after, but the map itself (guess it was a SA mod , because doing that in 3 hours is almost impossible) its not hard to convert...

Kent Traffic Cop

Would be nice to see it fully functioning (peds walking around, traffic, etc).

Seems a waste to do all that and then scrap it confused.gif

Would be nice to see it fully functioning (peds walking around, traffic, etc).

Seems a waste to do all that and then scrap it confused.gif

yea i think so too sad.gif

the concept it unique and nice

IDK why, but I have a feeling that it may be an IV SA mini game being how I saw it on the IV SA DB a while ago and Blaster posted it in the IV SA topic.

Aw ok. Why? I don't see why not.

Btw, do you mean "It will not be released in any form what so ever" or "It will not be released as a standalone mod". wink.gif

Also, could you please link me to/send me jernej's (i think it was him who did it) gta1 map .max(s) file please? I remember the gta1 map being uploaded but i don't remember what site/dl link.

Edited by Frank.s

What do you need it for?
Take a wild guess tounge.gif

So i can convert it to a 3d GTA (probably won't do IV but that isn't a guarantee).

I don't wanna cause animosity, but it seems you don't want anyone else to have the gta1 map unless you are able to make a better version of it than them. Surely that's kinda selfish, no?

True.

Tbh if i got the .max again then i'd just convert it in-game and play for a little while then get bored and move back to doing the rest of the stuff i've got on the back burner. -Posted before you posted the links.

Thanks. icon14.gif

Wow, what a perfect vision of modding. tounge.gif

I can tell you it gets bored witihin 5 minutes, would be fun with generics, paths and those simple missions you had to do in the original game.

Yeah i agree. When i export the gta1 maps in SA and then i'll see if i'm in the mood to do some scripting.

Edit: The third link is broken. I'm guessing it's the script to import .map files to 3dsmax? If not, then how would i import the .map file?

Edited by Frank.s

a rockstar employee actually liked this mod so it's sad that nothing was done about it but i guess not many cares about a mod like this

EncryptedReality
a rockstar employee actually liked this mod so it's sad that nothing was done about it but i guess not many cares about a mod like this

Those loyal to Rockstar will see something in it, those who didn't follow GTA since the start may not care.

Those loyal to Rockstar will see something in it, those who didn't follow GTA since the start may not care.

yea i am pretty amazed noone cared about this

if they did then the mod would go viral noone seemed to care i guess thats why blaster never saw any reason in it

yea i am pretty amazed noone cared about this

if they did then the mod would go viral noone seemed to care i guess thats why blaster never saw any reason in it

Well i tryed sending your video's to that email since no response.I don't think they care but i liked it who gives a damn what they think.

Give it some pick up time, I only just posted about it a few hours ago and it has quite some interest. Most gaming blogs don't update much, if at all, on Saturday and Sundays so any requests and shout outs will be held off to Monday.

Give it some pick up time, I only just posted about it a few hours ago and it has quite some interest. Most gaming blogs don't update much, if at all, on Saturday and Sundays so any requests and shout outs will be held off to Monday.

true

so you also tipped gaming blogs etc about this mod?

thankyou

I honestly think it would be simple to get this done compared to ivsa or gostown, and I would love to play the original gta's on the rage engine. it looked cool, the only thing is that it does get boring after a while with no missions or peds; i know i played the san andreas one and it was awesome for a little bit. anyways I hope to see this mod pick up, it's a great idea.

I didn't really like GTA 1 and GTA 2. But I still would like to play this mod.

GamerShotgun

Back in time, there was a Hungarian member - a friend of mine - who worked on this project for San Andreas, but it's been abandoned. Since then, I've been waiting for someone to pick it up, since there are lots of interested individuals in this community. But I guess no one is going to do it.

You should put up a vote somewhere on petitiononline, and if it reaches a given number, it should convince you to continue this project. I for myself would play it, and even write some info about it on our Hungarian fan site. smile.gif

Edited by MasterK

Back in time, there was a Hungarian member - a friend of mine - who worked on this project for San Andreas, but it's been abandoned. Since then, I've been waiting for someone to pick it up, since there are lots of interested individuals in this community. But I guess no one is going to do it.

You should put up a vote somewhere on petitiononline, and if it reaches a given number, it should convince you to continue this project. I for myself would play it, and even write some info about it on our Hungarian fan site. smile.gif

well feel free to tip the video to different gaming blogs etc if it goes viral themn im sure blaster would consider it smile.gif

obviously i also like the views smile.gif

not my words

Christian Remers säger (23:08)

cool

let them help me

and i consider a release

tell them that

until then

tell them to kiss blasters ass

Edited by zzcool

PowerKracker

Wow, I'd never think I'd see something like this again after ill-fated GTA: One and half and other projects!

Now if only someone with modelling skill could model the vehicles...

Now if only someone with modelling skill could model the vehicles...

If anyone actually gets started with a new total conversion for gta2's map (instead of posting a video of a map that they wont release, no offence blaster+zzcool but why you gotta blue-ball us like that? tounge.gif ).

Anyway, if anyone actually gets started with a new total conversion for gta2's map then they can feel free to finish the 3d Schmidt that i started for mandogs dead gta2 tc.

GTA2's Schmidt is loosely based on the Messerschmitt Kabinenroller so i used that as reference a lot and i advise anyone who might continue this model to do the same (but not follow it %100, because GTA2's Schmidt isn't exactly the same).

user posted image

Edited by Frank.s

Because zzcool came to me if I could convert gta 1 map so he could make a video which could have gone viral (but it didn't). I did this in 3 hours, I am not, not releasing this because to show my balls. I believe this is not release worthy. I didn't ask for this topic.
Understandable.

Btw, blue-ball doesn't mean what you think it means. When i said it i meant "why you gotta tease us with something and then not let us actually get it".

No. 2 here Quote: "To be extremely excited about something soon to happen, and become denied right before the event."

But i understand how you feel about this gta1-map-video situation happening so respect your decision.