Tires.

x kgSully x

x kgSully x

I've been thinking. The tires on IV are simple. The only way to get a flat or pop a tire is shooting it or doing a brakestand, and there were a few times I did a jump and landed hard and my tire popped (not sure why). But in V how do you think they'll work? Random blow outs? Possible tire wear and tear? Less control? It's very tough to ride on flats in real life, rear flats will sling the car out, fronts will slow steering or come off, same for the backs in turns. Riding on the rim is extremely tough, close to impossible. In IV you can ride on all four rims, and will make your car faster (doesn't make sense). I'm not asking for ultra realistic tires, wear and tear like racing games. I'm asking you how do you want it, and what other possible things they can do with... tires. (Scraping the bottom of the barrel, I know)

guyzwitgunz

I don't think too much detail is necessary, but a little more realistic like a racing game would be good.

Racecarlock

Tire wear. Some of you people seriously want tire wear. Is this grand theft auto or gran turismo? Am I on the right forums? Hell, might as well throw in a hygiene meter while we're at it. You know, because a game that once had an electric gun in it and even in it's most realistic sequel still lets you get away with the murder of dozens of gangsters instead of being arrested and thrown in jail for life is obviously trying to go for the most realistic aspects of criminal life, which is of course why GTA IV also excluded chainsaws. You know, because criminals wouldn't use chainsaws as weapons when given the chance. Also, because chainsaws are clearly not real, as we all know.

Everything past the word hell is sarcasm, for those that can't detect it.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Tire wear? Bit difficult to include that in a gta game.

Yes tyres should be able to be shot, punctured from spike strips and if you drove off a really steep height and hit the ground hard, then all four automatically go flat.

There was that one mission in San An where you used some sticky tire thing (to patch the tires back up, as I recall) to stop a car you were chasing? I thought that original enough! How about we vote on Spike Strips returning??

Are you sure your not sposed to be on GTplanet?

Tyre wear in GTA has to be up there with realistic steak.

WTF

I use a car for 5 minutes max... Tire wear will not work.

Spike strips do need to return.

izx6.jpg

I'd love to tune tires. And change tires in cars in costumization.

I'm just thinking of a Infernus with 4WD tires. Would be awesome. Could be fatal though

1whitebuddah

i thought the whole point of playing games was to escape reality...next thing you know is we will be paying for an in game electricity bill with real life money

I was happy with IV's tire damage, I never felt it needed any further expanding on. But I don't think tire wear is necessary, all I want is realistic car handling, that's all.

Step 1: Completely take the car and tire System of Mafia II and add Vehicle Tuning and dynamic car damage.

Step 2: Enjoy the pure awesomness wink.gif

jackass2009

Crashing cars were awesome in LA Noire, although I will admit that some car parts came off too easily. Those chase sequences were some of the best parts of the game. Maybe R* can take some lines of code from LA Noire and copy them to V.

The Nihilist

Tires should definitely pop if I'm driving a car off a huge cliff, or any other high point, and land on them.

If car customisation is brought into GTA V (I hope it is) then we should be able to buy new tires, like drag tires, race tires, sport tires, etc.

Crashing cars were awesome in LA Noire, although I will admit that some car parts came off too easily. Those chase sequences were some of the best parts of the game. Maybe R* can take some lines of code from LA Noire and copy them to V.

What do you mean? The driving in LA Noire was terrible, and the crashing felt like it was from Driver 2! I think crashing should be made much more realistic, even compared t GTA IV.

jackass2009

What do you mean? The driving in LA Noire was terrible, and the crashing felt like it was from Driver 2! I think crashing should be made much more realistic, even compared t GTA IV.

You and I have very different opinions. Driving and crashing in GTA IV felt like driving schizophrenic bumper cars into each other, almost like there was a can of nitrous in the middle of the car. In LA Noire, you could actually feel the weight of the car and wouldn't do thousands upon thousands of flips every time you took a hard head on collision. Now, maybe it's because in IV I drove the Cavalcade a lot, but it always seemed to me like once you got something going moderately fast and turned the tiniest bit too hard, you'd go flying off the road and into a hotdog stand. That never really happened to me in LA Noire.

Yeah tires should be variable e.g soft , medium , hard etc... and ckhave them customisable. Also the suspension on cars should change they all feel really soft and doesnt give the cars any significant difference to drive.

I've been thinking. The tires on IV are simple. The only way to get a flat or pop a tire is shooting it or doing a brakestand, and there were a few times I did a jump and landed hard and my tire popped (not sure why). But in V how do you think they'll work? Random blow outs? Possible tire wear and tear? Less control? It's very tough to ride on flats in real life, rear flats will sling the car out, fronts will slow steering or come off, same for the backs in turns. Riding on the rim is extremely tough, close to impossible. In IV you can ride on all four rims, and will make your car faster (doesn't make sense). I'm not asking for ultra realistic tires, wear and tear like racing games. I'm asking you how do you want it, and what other possible things they can do with... tires. (Scraping the bottom of the barrel, I know)

Tires in IV were also susceptible to fire damage. The brakestand damage suggests they would also eventually fail from a certain amount of extreme wear. There might be a built-in failure time based on the cumulative number of seconds the tires have left marks on the pavement. Of course this would reset whenever the vehicle is unattended long enough for the game to forget all damage.

You and I have very different opinions. Driving and crashing in GTA IV felt like driving schizophrenic bumper cars into each other, almost like there was a can of nitrous in the middle of the car. In LA Noire, you could actually feel the weight of the car and wouldn't do thousands upon thousands of flips every time you took a hard head on collision. Now, maybe it's because in IV I drove the Cavalcade a lot, but it always seemed to me like once you got something going moderately fast and turned the tiniest bit too hard, you'd go flying off the road and into a hotdog stand. That never really happened to me in LA Noire.

Haven't played LA Noire, but IV was pretty good. A cavalcade should be top heavy and have bad handling. I drove them a lot too, and thought they drove just fine. When driven properly that is. There were moments in IV where cars seemed to flip over too easily though.

jackass2009

Haven't played LA Noire, but IV was pretty good. A cavalcade should be top heavy and have bad handling. I drove them a lot too, and thought they drove just fine. When driven properly that is. There were moments in IV where cars seemed to flip over too easily though.

lol Maybe it was just when I went gung ho out there that the handling wasn't all that good, then.

Now, maybe it's because in IV I drove the Cavalcade a lot, but it always seemed to me like once you got something going moderately fast and turned the tiniest bit too hard, you'd go flying off the road and into a hotdog stand. That never really happened to me in LA Noire.

That is because the driving in IV is actually realistic compared to LA Noire. In LA N, at high speeds, i kept steering way to early as i expected the momentum to cause the car to skid, like in IV and real life. But instead the car magically terns perfectly, like i was going 5mph. It caused me to constantly crash in to oncoming traffic (if turning left) or buildings (if turning right)

Ispintechno

I thought the tire damage system in GTAIV was perfect. I would like to be able to do bigger rims with low profile softer compound tires and have it improve cornering though.

I agree that cars handle too good on the rims. In past GTA's if you got flats you were screwed, in this you can still drive a Banshee missing two back tires, despite the Banshee being RWD.

I think if your missing your driving tires your stuck, and if you drive on the rims you damage them.

I also agree that there should be more ways to pop your tires such as spike strips(these need to make a return), landing on them from high altitudes, or if you drive non off road tires over rocky terrain.

However, there should be the ability to "change" your tires if you pop them. You would go to your trunk and hold triangle , the game would go to black and come back 30(in game)minutes later with all your tires repaired. This way if you get a flat in the middle of nowhere, or driving a car you didn't want to lose for whatever reason(customized, rare, etc.) you could keep your car. Although so you can't abuse it in police chases, you can only do it if you're not wanted, in the middle of combat.

If you drive for long periods of time the tires from a car actually blow in IV.

• 7 months later...
thelaststikshipht

If you drive for long periods of time the tires from a car actually blow in IV.

Actually, they only blow when you are driving for a long time and sliding. The tires require an interval of recovery to reset the counters. The interval is rather short though... At high speed and long distance, the counter takes approximately 3.5 to 4 seconds to reset. It's almost instantaneous at low speeds. If you were to drive the car in a straight line for a long distance or period of time, the tires would not burst.

Edited by thelaststikshipht

Why do people think randomly having to do car maintenance is a good idea?

Look, I like mayhem okay? I really like mayhem. However, I don't suggest a mechanic wherein every 30 minutes you'd have to go on a tank rampage or your guy would kill himself out of boredom. You know why? Because I respect that other people have other play styles.

Why do I never see that respect come up when we're discussing crap like this and traffic laws and fuel and such? It's ALWAYS "Oh you should just go to saints row if you don't want extreme realism". Why should I suddenly have to completely give up on a franchise that I have loved since Vice f*cking City so a bunch of role players can go "Oh my god this fuel is so realistic!". Why am I the one that has to find a new game series? Why am I the one who has to accept all this bullsh*t or else I'm an immature crybaby who hates challenge? Why is realism a god damn excuse for everything? I'd hate to see what some of you realism guys would do to arcade classics. "Spy hunter should have virtual oil changes" "Pac man should have virtual fat and strength stats" "Galaga should make you tighten the bolts on your ship every time you die" "1945 should have you go through 6 months of flight school". It would have been a nightmare.

i want the tires to get popped less often then the car to be undrivable when more then one tire is popped and to be able to get the spare out of the trunk and change the tire when it's flat.

user posted image