Food that your Dad used to make evry day and be re

jonosbro

My Dad Used to make toasted Sandwiches- everyday, at work.

He made them so often that he became a master of 'toasties'.

This is one of the strangest topics I've come across in a while. I like it, though. Makes me feel all warm and nostalgic.

OT: My dad used to make the greatest fish finger/stick sandwiches. He used to work a hell of a lot so his cooking was a rarity in our house. He was always guaranteed to be home on a Sunday so he'd always make a sandwich for dinner, we'd watch Top Of The Pops 70's and I'd always have a can of Dandelion & Burdock. The simplest of things can often be the most enjoyable.

Dudesig.png

My took me to a deli where we bought sandwiches all the time. He couldn't cook anything other than microwave vegetables.

My Dad took me to A&W to get hot dogs when I was a kid. He also cooked steak a lot.

izx6.jpg

.My dad used to Mal this stuff we called "Dogfood" lol. its basically meat, potatoes and corn. Throw some cheese on it and you're good to go.

Hmmm nice bike

My dad would mostly just boil some hot dogs, throw them in some buns, and call it a meal, but occasionally he would make some pretty good corned beef hash with egg icon14.gif

I would eat the same standard meal at lunch time that my dad would make during my early school days all the way up until high school: smoked ham on white bread. It may sound bland, but with a bit of mayo, those sandwiches were f*cking tasty.

My dad was great at barbequing steaks and making pancakes. He also made these like, fried-egg sandwich type things, and I generally preferred those to when mom mad them. tounge.gif

I remember one of my friend's dads use to make these giant pan-sized pancakes though. Kind of makes me sick just thinking about them though, you know how pancakes go...

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

I'm kind of hijacking this topic to say hello to Sagacious. Been a long time old friend. How have you been?

My dad makes a mean stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's actually a pretty good cook at a lot of things.

HD Rick

aka Dr.X

"Kill her. That's all you have to do."

"Kill Mary?"

"She's a risk. And get the priest as well."

My dad used to own a bunch of restaurants around here, ended up trying to expand a little too fast and lost it all. He's doing pretty well for himself, but he was in and out of prison for most of my life. He's a pretty damn good cook, though we're not very close and I see him very rarely.

The thing I most fondly remember him making though, is bbq spare ribs. f*cking tasty.

kdr9l4.png

Shyabang Shyabang
My dad is good at cooking spaghetti and meatballs. He cooked that a few times when I was a kid and that's the only food I saw him cook for us. So I get reminded of my simple and nostalgic days whenever I taste spaghetti with meatballs. We usually eat lunch and dinner outside. My mom is good at cooking breakfast.

I'm kind of hijacking this topic to say hello to Sagacious. Been a long time old friend. How have you been?

My dad makes a mean stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's actually a pretty good cook at a lot of things.

HD Rick

aka Dr.X

Oh, pretty good. Couple of rough years with the loss of my parents... Though things are a lot better these days, met a girl and I'm pretty serious with her, thinking about moving out of that old craphole Yakima I use to talk about. Yourself?

*thread hijacked*

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

I'm kind of hijacking this topic to say hello to Sagacious.  Been a long time old friend.  How have you been?

My dad makes a mean stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  He's actually a pretty good cook at a lot of things.

HD Rick

aka Dr.X

Oh, pretty good. Couple of rough years with the loss of my parents... Though things are a lot better these days, met a girl and I'm pretty serious with her, thinking about moving out of that old craphole Yakima I use to talk about. Yourself?

*thread hijacked*

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I know there isn't any words to provide comfort, but my thoughts are with you. Glad to hear other things are looking up for you.

Things are going pretty well for me. Same ol same ol.....just getting older.

HD Rick

aka Dr.X

"Kill her. That's all you have to do."

"Kill Mary?"

"She's a risk. And get the priest as well."

My dad is the worst cook ever. He burns mac n cheese, mashed potatoes taste soggy, bread products magically become stale and shrinked. ugh cry.gif

user posted image

na89340qv0n34b09q340

My dad is a chef for a living, but he never makes anything interesting, it's always pasta, chicken, beef, or some combination of the three.

He mad me two large cold cut subs to take to school every day. I was the skinniest kid in class, but I always out-ate everyone.

Fried Rice. He even taught me how to cook it.

Some dish with seafood.

He loves vegetables that when he's at home I usually see veggies at breakfast, lunch, and supper...(my dad is working overseas sad.gif )

the_grizzly_man

North of England soul food - egg and chips. Tasted brilliant. Still my comfort food of choice all these years later

Everyday when I come home, a nice plate of Pasta with delicious sources made by my gran and a nice veal escalope to go with it and cheese and pepper on top. Just to damn nice.

Funny thing you mention this, when I was 6 and my parents were separated, my body was 40% noodles and 60% sausages.

ilovebender.com

spaghetti bolognese (at one point he made his own pasta), home made bread/buns, curry.

Edited by ilovebender.com

I love California but, I have never been. Hi, I'm a retard! You've just read an ILB post.