General Rumors/Leaks Thread

HydraulicWaRiOr

HydraulicWaRiOr

All information in this thread is fake until proven otherwise.

READ FIRST: This thread is not to promote a single leak, or any of them, it is only to discourage the insane amount of "leaks" that have been errupting lately, please read the bold for the general point and rules of this thread.

As you may have realized, there has been a recent overflow of annoying topics concerning rumors and leaks released by Gamestop, Websites, and Magazines. (And my uncle from Rockstar)

Rules: The rules are simple. You have a rumor/leak that you think is true, post it here, no need to make a thread about it because the forum thinks these threads are annoying and they will get locked. After someone posts a rumor, you may discuss it in this thread.

To the new members: The newbies tend to post these threads a hell of a lot, and then they get flamed to death, so if you have something you want to share, I would strongly suggest that you post it here, a lot of the forum members are very aware that some of these rumors exist and the forum is very displeased by how many of these threads pop-up, and I feel as if everyone should recieve a warm welcome to the forum rather than recieving a negative aura from the gentlemen here.

Leaks/Rumors: It goes like this. If you post something that nobody else has posted, then I edit this post to add in your rumor and add you as a contributor to this thread. Please check first if something you have has already been posted to prevent repetition. The four categories are as follows.

------------------------------------------------------

"Leaked" Info Videos:

Contributed by Celticfang

Contributed by RipGore

"Leaked" Information:

Hi /v/,

I have information that may or may not be accurate, and may or may not be informative to the queries of fans who have been desperate for certain answers.

GTAV is going to be released in October if Max Payne doesn't meet expected sales. If it does exceed the expectations, then it will be delayed for a release in May '13. Even with that, North wants to skip the October slot anyway for more with the game. This is going to be the last major GTA release for quite some time, even longer than the gap between IV and V. Why? Agent, and another thing...

The man speaking in the first trailer is the protagonist. He is the one seen wearing a suit, leading the robbery and driving the blue and black cars.

This is set in Southern California. San Fierro and Las Venturas are not included. Rockstar's versions of San Diego and the Mexican Border towns are, however, included.

cont.

Source

Contributed by Linki

Take 2 have put out a private casting call, presumably to bring in voice actors for a brand new game. The full casting call can be found here, or you can check out the list below. One Character in particular stands out from the rest, entitled “James Pedeaston”;

James Pedeaston was often featured on the radio channel “WCTR” in Grand Theft Auto IV, talking about his desires to make love with young tribal boys. One quote featured on the Call also reassures us that this James is the very same.

James Pedeaston is a child molester wanted in Malaysia and is being investigated by the FBI. He hosted The Wild Traveler show on WCTR in 1992, although it is apparently syndicated to nine other stations (not heard in-game). He enjoys traveling the world and logging some of his most ‘exotic’ encounters in his travelogue, some of which he accidentally reads on-air to the disgust of the listeners. His favourite memory seems to be a relationship with a boy named Avrindar in Sri Lanka. His show appears to be so reviled by his listeners that at one point, he receives few calls which are not supportive. For example, a caller tells him to stop droning on about other countries and focus on talking about where he lives. At one point he received a phone call from a suicidal man in Verdant Bluffs who wanted to go to hell. Pedeaston replies with “Me too! Buy me a refrigerator magnet when you get there”. In GTA IV, he was arrested by the Indonesian police after being suspected of child molesting in Bali, Indonesia in 2003.

Viral Campaigns possibly related with the next Grand Theft Auto have already surfaced, but when you add a casting call with a familiar Character, it’s a safe bet that this casting call is indeed for the next Grand Theft Auto. Let us know what you think of this casting call in the comments below and tell me directly via Twitter – @iamaaronalex

Source

Contributed by Eagles

It has recently been brought to our attention that a poster over on the official GameSpot forums have posted a massive list of unreleased information about the future title, Grand Theft Auto V. Through a post, that has since been deleted by the forum moderators over on the GameSpot forum, along with the poster, a user by the name of Gloggle has revealed that he is a friend of an ex-RockStar employee that was fired for misconduct. Now, it seems that the ex-RockStar employee now has the intentions of leaking information on GTA V.

As for the information that was listed, you can find the post as a whole below or you can view a Google cache version here.

Warning: Number 8 on the list contains spoilers of past Rockstar titles.

Hello!

I am a friend of someone who recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct. Because one contract to RockStar covered everything, including secrecy, and his contractual obligaton was now removed, he was legally allowed to spill the beans on Rockstar's upcoming GTA V. And he is making damn sure everyone knows about it.

Here is the info you really want:

1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).

The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can cusomise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs. 5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio. 7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.

9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:

1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

Reading through the information, you will notice that it is very comprehensive, as all of the details and features listed seem to make sense and would work well in the next installment of the GTA franchise. But, since this information is not at all confirmed, this should still be taken as a rumor, so take it for what it is and nothing more.

Source

Contributed by testsubject196

The game world will be alot bigger that any previous GTA game. "The game world will be much more expansive than just those nighttime city scenes with the neon over and over again". Full day-night cycle, weather, lots of different neighbourhoods and much much more. They are really trying to create an incredible sandbox! Also the shooting and fighting are said to be very realistic, more like an action movie. You will be able to use the enviroment in a totally different way, for example kill someone with a fan or drown someone in a fishtank. They've integrated different types of minigames like gambling, karaoke and dancing. Also alot of cop mini games like surveillance and safe-cracking...."

Source

Contributed by lazloisdavrock

"Leaked" Pictures:

user posted image

Contributed by Eagles

Rumors:

------------------------------------------------------

Post both the full article and the link to the info/picture/video that you believe to be true about GTA V to prevent confusion, if you fail to do so, your contribution to the thread will NOT be posted

And no flaming other members for their opinions on leaks, some of us may think leaks are stupid, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I want to keep this thread nice and friendly for those who don't seem to understand the rules of the forum yet.

Now, get to posting.

Edited by HydraulicWaRiOr

I heard that Rockstar will add Catalina island to the game. That makes sense since LA is really

close to it. It'll be real fun to travel to it via boat or plane. I read about this rumor a while back so I can't find the source. Sorry.

HydraulicWaRiOr
I heard that Rockstar will add Catalina island to the game. That makes sense since LA is really

close to it. It'll be real fun to travel to it via boat or plane. I read about this rumor a while back so I can't find the source. Sorry.

No problem, if you find anything at all remember to post it here, and if you ever find the article about Catalina I would suggest that you post it so I can put it on the front.

That would be amazing.

Long_Haired_Boy

Glad someone made a topic about this. Have something very interesting to show.

I don't know if this thread will work, when a flood of leaks and previews start coming in. There'll be new topics every day, with the same sh*t, just different wording and capitalization.

As much as I agree with the point of this topic it just wont work. This is like the 10th topic for the same exact thing. you cant stop people who joined the forums this week from blindly posting something the found through google. Just let the mods handle it.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

In V you have a pet monkey. He is called frank. He is also a stoner. It is also said that he betrays you, and the final mission is similar to the Mario vs donkey Kong games in the late 80's for the NES. No source.

Yeah this topic works..... dozingoff.gif

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.

HydraulicWaRiOr

This is one of the more recent ones. It seems more sensible than the others.

http://chanarchive.org/4chan/v/40219/grand...s-and-delusions

Thanks for posting, it's up on the front, as for everybody else, if you don't have anything article-wise, it will not be posted. Please at least post a link to the rumor/link you are talking about, other than that, no going off-topic, either discuss what is presented or post a link, that's it, no starting flame wars.

@no_chance That is exactly why I put parenthesis on "leaks" in the beginning, none of these are confirmed. But if you still don't understand I would suggest that you read it again because I clearly stated my thoughts on the matter

This thread is not to promote a single leak, or any of them, it is only to discourage the insane amount of "leaks" that have been errupting lately, please read the bold for the general point and rules of this thread.
Edited by HydraulicWaRiOr

How fake is this one?

I got sent it earlier with a few messages about how it's 'the real deal'. I'm doubting that a lot.

HydraulicWaRiOr
How fake is this one?

I got sent it earlier with a few messages about how it's 'the real deal'. I'm doubting that a lot.

Thanks for your contribution.

Posted.

Can i just say something, and it might be nothing, but on R* homepage, I'm wondering whats that white logo or something on a blank background

Charlie Sheen is the main charcter he gets killed at the end just like the past 2 Rockstar Games he gets killed by Smallpox at the end after geting the disease while hiding in Africa from the aliens taking over the world cause hes president

How do i know cause i was the CEO of Rockstar & Rockstar North but quit 2 days ago to work here at Area 51

Can i just say something, and it might be nothing, but on R* homepage, I'm wondering whats that white logo or something on a blank background

It's just a custom background they made with their logo.

It changes if you reload the page.

Triple Vacuum Seal

Very believable, but this is mostly the case because of the nature of the leak sounding like any sensible prediction.

If a reasonable person (not everybody on GTAF) were to give an educated guess about GTAV released dates, MP3 performance effects on GTAV, Agent's (if not cancelled) affect on the following GTA, and cities that will be in the game, this is what I'd expect too. icon14.gif Good Link

Triple Vacuum Seal

I really hope that leak you posted is true.

If you're refering to my post: I've actually been doing Ctrl+F "eddie"(part of the leakers username) and been scrolling down by clicking next. This is by far the most realistic leak I've read through (not endorsing as with all leaks) and should be looked at.

things I thought were interesting:

-the leak says hunting is in the game...hope that is true

-trailer: "Trailer dates are uncertain at best. The North guys wanted to release a trailer this April, but Max Payne 3 got delayed. They might still do it, though"

-slight Breaking Bad references

*Guy sounds like a tester or something.

Edited by canttakemyid

Take 2 have put out a private casting call, presumably to bring in voice actors for a brand new game. The full casting call can be found here, or you can check out the list below. One Character in particular stands out from the rest, entitled “James Pedeaston”;

user posted image

James Pedeaston was often featured on the radio channel “WCTR” in Grand Theft Auto IV, talking about his desires to make love with young tribal boys. One quote featured on the Call also reassures us that this James is the very same.

James Pedeaston is a child molester wanted in Malaysia and is being investigated by the FBI. He hosted The Wild Traveler show on WCTR in 1992, although it is apparently syndicated to nine other stations (not heard in-game). He enjoys traveling the world and logging some of his most ‘exotic’ encounters in his travelogue, some of which he accidentally reads on-air to the disgust of the listeners. His favourite memory seems to be a relationship with a boy named Avrindar in Sri Lanka. His show appears to be so reviled by his listeners that at one point, he receives few calls which are not supportive. For example, a caller tells him to stop droning on about other countries and focus on talking about where he lives. At one point he received a phone call from a suicidal man in Verdant Bluffs who wanted to go to hell. Pedeaston replies with “Me too! Buy me a refrigerator magnet when you get there”. In GTA IV, he was arrested by the Indonesian police after being suspected of child molesting in Bali, Indonesia in 2003.

Viral Campaigns possibly related with the next Grand Theft Auto have already surfaced, but when you add a casting call with a familiar Character, it’s a safe bet that this casting call is indeed for the next Grand Theft Auto. Let us know what you think of this casting call in the comments below and tell me directly via Twitter – @iamaaronalex

Source: http://www.ripten.com/2011/03/28/gta-v-cas...leak-aaronalex/

Edited by Eagles

Very believable, but this is mostly the case because of the nature of the leak sounding like any sensible prediction.

If a reasonable person (not everybody on GTAF) were to give an educated guess about GTAV released dates, MP3 performance effects on GTAV, Agent's (if not cancelled) affect on the following GTA, and cities that will be in the game, this is what I'd expect too. icon14.gif Good Link

BS, sounds FAKE and GAY to me

I really hope that leak you posted is true.

If you're refering to my post: I've actually been doing Ctrl+F "eddie"(part of the leakers username) and been scrolling down by clicking next. This is by far the most realistic leak I've read through (not endorsing as with all leaks) and should be looked at.

Edit:

-the leak says hunting is in the game...hope that is true

-trailer: "Trailer dates are uncertain at best. The North guys wanted to release a trailer this April, but Max Payne 3 got delayed. They might still do it, though"

Yeah, that hey will include san diego and part of the mexican broder. Also the whole release date thing.

Doesn't look legit to me, the buildings look way low res, and the story about getting it with a graphics card? 18GB can't fit on a DVD so?

As a continuation of this: http://chanarchive.org/4chan/v/40219/grand...s-and-delusions

Comments from the ''Leaker'' don't know how to call it lol:

''Just like with every other major GTA, there will be a PC release a couple months after. I can't say anything more about this because I'm not involved in this area.''

''There is bowling and titties in the game, though.''

''The script is not finished.''

''The controls have been improved from GTAIV, of course.''

''CJ is not in the game. Young Maylay (who voiced Carl) is however doing some work for which will be included in GTAV.

Grove St is not in the game. There is a few references to old Los Santos which you might notice.''

''The physics are still being tuned, but the car chase in the trailer was a little spot where North wanted to show the difference between the car handling in GTAIV and the car handling in GTAV.''

''Of course the traffic of Los Santos will be terrible! Things like this is what makes LA what it is. Different times will have different traffic density''

''Dogs are in''

This is all 99% probably fake lol. But worth the read IMO.

Seattle Cracker

BS, sounds FAKE and GAY to me

You know, I really hope you didn't just make a RWJ reference. Really. Really.