How long does the game have to be?

IAmMars

How long does the game have to be?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How long does the game have to be?

• 1-3 Hours
    • 3-7 Hours
    • 7-10 Hours
    • 10-15 Hours
    • 15-20 Hours
    • 25-30 Hours
    • 30-40 Hours
    • 40-50 Hours
    • 60-75 Hours
    • 75-100 Hours
    • 100+

100 hours for missions like a movie

impossibru, there's no such game in the world that would take 100h to complete main missions

Edited by DizzeeXL

impossibru, there's no such game in the world that would take 100h to complete main missions

Skyrim?... i don''t know i never played it

what movie did you watch that lasted 100 hours?

I think the target should be about 70 storyline missions, with a good 30 sub-story/optional. Like in San Andreas had boat/bike license and sh*t, GTA IV had vigilante and assasin. there should be plenty of that.

I knew someone's gonna mention this, Skyrim's main quest's can be completed in 2 hours if you just rush and ignore all things, while in GTA you gotta do everything as it should.

Edited by DizzeeXL

Skyrim's 'main quest' lasts about 20 hours. But then there's other quest lines and also hundreds of other side quests. It's hard to put a number on Skyrim because during quests you pick up other quests and distractions unlike in GTA where you're on a mission you have one single focus.

I think the target should be about 70 storyline missions, with a good 30 sub-story/optional. Like in San Andreas had boat/bike license and sh*t, GTA IV had vigilante and assasin. there should be plenty of that.

Lol 100hours movie ;p

UtricularEwe001

Yes it has over 200 hours of gameplay including side missions,eventhough graphics is good sometime fps can drop and it's always glitchy

100 hours for gta5 is reasonable excluding side missions biggrin.gif

Darkshade12

The main story should have about 75-100 missions.

Then there should be about 30 or 40 side missions.

But there should be a load of things on the map to do as well as missions to make to game last longer.

But there should be a load of things on the map to do as well as missions to make to game last longer.

We're talking about hours here.

100(+/-) storyline missions, with lots of side missions. Basically SA length.

people hoping for a 100hour story are going to be dissappointed, however 100hour overall game (inc free roam etc) time is realistic for the hardcore fan.

Probably be in the 30h range like GTA IV. Although, being a larger more immersive map, I would say closer to the 40h mark.

That will be straight up storyline missions too. Side missions will still be worth about 5h of game play. Then there is online...

thebestgameever

IV was around 25 to 30 hours

Soooooo

Around 15 to 20 hours with a lot less repetitive missions, more variety and keep it fresh throughout.

IV just felt like a drag at some points.

Darkshade12

We're talking about hours here.

No, the name of the topic is how long is the game, just because the poll says hours doesn't mean we have to limit ourselfs to estimating ONLY time. But how many missions there are will give us a idea of how long it is. Hours is a very vague term to use. You could never do a single mission but still spend 200 hours on the game. Depends on what type of person you are and what you like, story or destruction and exploration.

Hodor Hodor

I want the game to be 40-50 hours along including story and side missions but not collectables and multiplayer.

With the number of hours I meant: How long the average person needs to do all missions, and how long GTA V will stay fun after you've done that

Soooooo

Around 15 to 20 hours with a lot less repetitive missions, more variety and keep it fresh throughout.

IV 25-30 hours ? LOL

Took me like 15-20, that's super short for an open world game.

I'd like to see 60 hours for the main mission. Anything less would be a felony.

I choose 100+ hours, because i dont want to wait 5 years with a game that i finished in 5 hours.

GTAIndonesia

Nyan Cat 100 hours?

Reborn as Prince Gumball

thebestgameever

Soooooo

IV 25-30 hours ? LOL

Took me like 15-20, that's super short for an open world game.

Well i am talking about my play-through and I did free roaming quite a lot, just completing the story alone then yes, it would be around that long.

Perhaps 100+ would be possible if they did dozens of side missions/quests.

Aside from the main storyline, I mean

We can't only have missions and sub-missions. We should have something else to do like taking care of properties and turfs. If the man is a gang boss, we should feel that we have responsability. And we should feel that we need to bring money for something and pay things. Pay bribes to police, house's bills etc..

I want it to be a very long game.. So something like 40-50 hours for main story missions.. and 100+ hours including side missions would be good for me