Game of the generation

Versous

I know, it might sound a Bit overrated, but I already know, that GTA V will Be my game of the generation. No other game will offer you that much freedom and fun!

I wish other devs would be as gentle in terms of content instead if throwing overpriced DLC'S at peoples faces!

So yeah, definately my game of this gen!

Edited by Versous

MIKON8ERISBACK

A lot of stuff seen in the trailers are removed prior to the game's release. Anyone remember the Vinewood safehouse from GTA San Andreas?

HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE:

user posted image

THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

user posted image

WhiteArcticFox
A lot of stuff seen in the trailers are removed prior to the game's release. Anyone remember the Vinewood safehouse from GTA San Andreas?

HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE:

user posted image

THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

user posted image

lol lol.gif

HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE:

user posted image

THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

user posted image

Ouch, that hurts sad.gif it's too true.

I was gonna give you a high five with my fingerless gloves, but somehow I can't find them....

And I was also gonna make a snarky comment that we are on track to get about one GTA game in each generation - but I won't.

OT: I agree - GTAV should be epic - a true masterpiece, work of art, near-photorealistic, huge-world sandbox!

HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE:

user posted image

THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

user posted image

they said that house was glitch CJ was walking through the walls of the glass house

NotNikoBellic

Yeah I don't take anything for truth just cuz its seen in the trailer. People believe working out is in V just cuz of the gym, but to me that dosn't mean we can USE the gym just because its there. I can't wait for V because I want to see what R* has got up their sleeve this time, and yes I have my view on what they should do, but I won't believe that ANYTHING is confirmed until I have the game in my xbox.

Harwood Butch3r

I know most probably wont agree with me, but in order for GTA V to surpass GTA IV it needs more than just the "We'll throw in a heap of features" mentality.

What I loved about GTA IV and still do to this day is R* nailed the feeling of being a fresh off the boat immigrant perfectly. Sure it didn't have as many features, but it was still a fun game to me.

My only fear with GTA V is R* have buckled to the SA/SR crowd. They tried it with TBOGT and IMO it failed. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm a bit worried that it'll be a large sacle TBOGT.

I don't mind seeing more features as long as they have a reason to be in the game. If the game isn't as serious as GTA IV that's fine, but I'm hoping it's more in the spirit of GTA IV if I'm being honest than SA/TBOGT/SR etc.

R* should keep pursuing this new angle they done with GTA IV instead of recapturing the old days.

Edited by Miamivicecity

HydraulicWaRiOr
I know most probably wont agree with me, but in order for GTA V to surpass GTA IV it needs more than just the "We'll throw in a heap of features" mentality.

What I loved about GTA IV and still do to this day is R* nailed the feeling of being a fresh off the boat immigrant perfectly. Sure it didn't have as many features, but it was still a fun game to me.

My only fear with GTA V is R* have buckled to the SA/SR crowd. They tried it with TBOGT and IMO it failed. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm a bit worried that it'll be a large sacle TBOGT.

I don't mind seeing more features as long as they have a reason to be in the game. If the game isn't as serious as GTA IV that's fine, but I'm hoping it's more in the spirit of GTA IV if I'm being honest than SA/TBOGT/SR etc.

R* should keep pursuing this new angle they done with GTA IV instead of recapturing the old days.

Apparently you have faith in Max Payne, yet you have less faith in GTA.

Maybe you should change your name to "MaxSaoPaulo"

The only GTA that was largely felt (by the gaming community at least, anyway) overrated was IV, I'm pretty sure of that.

I don't recall hearing many complains of VC or SA being overrated except for the usual hating, and VC and SA were extremely highly rated games. Perhaps not like IV's metacritic scores, but SA was possibly the most popular and most well received video game among fans for the PS2, ever. And you know PS2 has had the most quality games of any console of all time.

Bottom line is, if GTA is done right, 100% scores won't feel overrated; such is the quality of GTA prior to IV. I'm not implying IV wasn't great, but it really doesn't match up to III era GTAs during their time. And yes, I do feel that IV was overrated.

The only GTA that was largely felt (by the gaming community at least, anyway) overrated was IV, I'm pretty sure of that.

I don't recall hearing many complains of VC or SA being overrated except for the usual hating, and VC and SA were extremely highly rated games. Perhaps not like IV's metacritic scores, but SA was possibly the most popular and most well received video game among fans for the PS2, ever. And you know PS2 has had the most quality games of any console of all time.

Bottom line is, if GTA is done right, 100% scores won't feel overrated; such is the quality of GTA prior to IV. I'm not implying IV wasn't great, but it really doesn't match up to III era GTAs during their time. And yes, I do feel that IV was overrated.

Dude your spot on. I'm not sure why people are afraid of R* taking the series back to what it was like in the old days (as that is what made the series what it is today) if that's what R* wants to do. I personally feel that they should.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Dude your spot on. I'm not sure why people are afraid of R* taking the series back to what it was like in the old days (as that is what made the series what it is today) if that's what R* wants to do. I personally feel that they should.

Well not necessarily like the old San Andreas that we know, the city is going to be photo realistic, everything about it is going to be so true to life, but in Rockstar's quirky, sometimes weird n wacky style. I think they are going to include some variety of missions instead of the usual drive here drive there shoot him shoot that etc. I can imagine a mission where you have to beat the country club's golf pro shop owner over 3 holes. Equal his score or lower so he earns your respect then he gives you the info to go onto the next mission.

The old GTAs were great back in 2001-2005, but they don't hold up to their modern current gen counterparts. That's just nostalgia speaking. Do you honestly believe that you would have preferred the III-era games to IV if they were all released at the same time?

SanAndreasII

The old GTAs were great back in 2001-2005, but they don't hold up to their modern current gen counterparts. That's just nostalgia speaking. Do you honestly believe that you would have preferred the III-era games to IV if they were all released at the same time?

If SA cant hold up to IV, its because IV has newer technology available to it. But as for stylistic choices, most of it was a step in the wrong direction. Thats at least what I think, I know people here disagree. I would have loved IV to be like the old GTA games, just with newer graphics.

I booted up San Andreas again recently for a new playthrough and just couldn't help thinking "dayum, this really is more fun". I've never been too bothered about the story and certainly not bothered by realism. I don't find myself playing GTA San Andreas thinking "oh this is outdated, the fact that X is missing is annoying" because GTA IV didn't really add many gameplay elements. The only things I miss is instant mission restarts via the phone, autosaves and using taxi's. Simple core game improvements.

My love for San Andreas comes from 3 main things:

1. Better mission variety. Missions often had gameplay elements that were only used once. IV's missions had far more "drive, gunfight, drive". It was a back-step.

2. More interesting map. IV's was more dense and detailed. But it all looked very samey. Fair to say it's hugely better than GTA III's/Vice's. But doesn't beat SA.

3. More game. There was more to do. More to see. More choices. More customisation. More everything. "Quality of quantity" I hear you shout. But I say San Andreas was high quality.

That all said, I understand why GTA IV couldn't be as big as San Andreas. It was too much work to create everything from scratch in a new engine and expect it to match San Andreas. So fair enough, honestly. GTA V is 4 years in the making in an engine that's already up and running. Bring it on.

cod4 will go down as the defining game of the generation, like it or not.

EDIT: i must add, IMO

Edited by pdbq

GentlemanSquid

San Andreas and IV are both great in their own little ways.

That's why I said "during their time".

And still, today, I pick SA over IV+EFLC easily. Because the only thing I'd miss from the latter would be tech; graphics, euphoria engine, that's all.

Darkshade12

I booted up San Andreas again recently for a new playthrough and just couldn't help thinking "dayum, this really is more fun". I've never been too bothered about the story and certainly not bothered by realism. I don't find myself playing GTA San Andreas thinking "oh this is outdated, the fact that X is missing is annoying" because GTA IV didn't really add many gameplay elements. The only things I miss is instant mission restarts via the phone, autosaves and using taxi's. Simple core game improvements.

1. Better mission variety. Missions often had gameplay elements that were only used once. IV's missions had far more "drive, gunfight, drive". It was a back-step.

2. More interesting map. IV's was more dense and detailed. But it all looked very samey. Fair to say it's hugely better than GTA III's/Vice's. But doesn't beat SA.

3. More game. There was more to do. More to see. More choices. More customisation. More everything. "Quality of quantity" I hear you shout. But I say San Andreas was high quality.

That all said, I understand why GTA IV couldn't be as big as San Andreas. It was too much work to create everything from scratch in a new engine and expect it to match San Andreas. So fair enough, honestly. GTA V is 4 years in the making in an engine that's already up and running. Bring it on.

I can safely say i 100% agree with this, I have a feeling now R* has the engine ready and has had to to reflect on what people didn't like about IV, They will try and make V more vast and plentiful.

I don't find myself thinking GTA SA is outdated when I play it neither, but someone entirely new to the series probably would. I don't think it's possible for any of us to re-live the old GTAs with completely unbiased minds, which was kind of the point I was trying to make.

Don't call it a back-step. There's no direction in this. It's not like SA's missions are objectively better than IV's, that stuff is impossible to measure.

Personally, if I had to choose between IV's core gameplay improvements (such as improved vehicle handling and gunplay, and more immersive storytelling) and SA's vast map, numerous activities and varied mission, I'd choose the former, because the activities and missions can only be as good as the core game allows them to.

Don't call it a back-step. There's no direction in this. It's not like SA's missions are objectively better than IV's, that stuff is impossible to measure.

My entire post was purely opinion smile.gif

I agree with you completely. I'm so sick and tired of these people going "oh San Andreas sucks its old gtaiv is better" San Andreas was the crescendo that the series had been building to since gta3. GTAIV while pretty is a huge step backwards gameplay wise. GTA 3.5 would've been a better name.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

GTA IV is already my favorite game of this gen and it is also the highest rated game of this gen with a 98 critic average. To me, it is as close to perfect as a game can get. It easily lived up to the hype and far surpassed it. But I have very high hopes for GTA V.

Capricornus

I have GTA SA, VC, III, and GTA IV, and while all are indeed great, GTA SA brings the most fun and it never gets old.

R* spoiled fans with SA though lol. I hope people aren't expecting Jetpacks and goo in GTA V.

caprisig.jpg

I have GTA SA, VC, III, and GTA IV, and while all are indeed great, GTA SA brings the most fun and it never gets old.

R* spoiled fans with SA though lol. I hope people aren't expecting Jetpacks and goo in GTA V.

Jetpacks must be in V, it adds a lot of freedom sense in the game

Totally agreed. My big issue with GTA IV is that I absolutely loved it on my first playthrough. It was really cool when I got it for PC too. But now I find the gameplay incredibly boring, it's just not that fun. I've played San Andreas loads of times, and I find it fun every time, because the missions have lots of variety and they're actually really fun.