Hot Ring/Blood Ring Racers

XTREME0235

Hey guys,

So recently I submitted a piece of work I made advertising the 'return' of the Hot Ring Racers here in the GTA V Fan Art topic and it got me thinking about how a possible return could in fact be due. Picture them as having evolved into a more of a Nascar shape for the body/interior and other elements of that sort. But not only could the Hot Ring Racers return, but the Blood Ring Racers could also make a form of return.

I wanted to get your opinion on the matter and whether or not you would be fussed if one of them or both of them returned in GTA V or not and also what kind of crazy stuff would you do when if you got your hands on one of them.

Here's a trip down memory lane to boost your memory of the good old days of Destruction Derby/Oval Racing in Vice City.

Mokrie Dela

I've got masses of respect for you, xtreme but i dont think this warrents its own topic.

But, on the basis of the respect, and that most of this forums full of crap:

I never really drove them in VC. But i wouldn't mind seeing some rally cars. There was a beast of a rally 4x4 in VC but i cant remember the name.

A destruction derby would be cool though. I recently got into a "debate" about cheats and that games should be fun, and im a believer that they should put as much as they can in the game

These sort of side minigames would be welcome, and im all for them. it's nice to have the option there, even if i don't use it much,

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Thanks Mokrie, if the GTA V section moderators feel it's necessary to close this then by all means they can go right ahead. I just thought that this was something that could be discussed in terms of what people liked/disliked about these events and if they should return in some aspect for GTA V.

They were fun to drive no doubt and I can only imagine what they would control and look like if they were redesigned for a new generation, especially with RAGE being on board.

ChrissDaMan

yeah i been wanting NASCARS to. then it would also be cool if they put INDYs in the game or maybe Formula1

Mokrie Dela

I wonder if there's any mods for IV that includes them.

I think this topic's gonna stay open, the mods let stupid topics run, and 4 of the same, a million protag topics so why not?

I remembered the car i was thinking of btw - sand king. I want that bad boy back!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Triple Vacuum Seal
yeah i been wanting NASCARS to. then it would also be cool if they put INDYs in the game or maybe Formula1

icon14.gif it would add a substantial amount of replay value to the game.

Just something as simple as what they did in Vice City and San Andreas where they had the arena's would be good for me.

Imagining a massive arena with a proper interior, grand stand and large track would be great and as canttakemyid said, it would add a lot of replay value to the game.

Having it available in Multiplayer as a separate Race game mode would add to the push that much more.

Here is the image I posted the link to in my OP.

I realize this post may look too green, but that's only because of the image.

user posted image

Definately something like this. Whether its motorcycle dirt track racing or short oval car races. I always liked doing racing like this as opposed to the street racing. THose just weren't my style

universetwisters

As a playable minigame? No.

For something to watch? Sure.

It's just like NASCAR-it's much more fun watching cars turn left & see them wreck instead of actually doing it. hell, maybe you can place bets on it

sTgL5iS.png

Both would be good options. I really want to see a Destruction Derby mode in the Stadiums too, as well as being on custom maps like MTA.

Racecarlock

Hell yeah I want these back. Blood ring would be really fun in rage, and can you imagine what a hot ring pile up would look like? I'd like to find out.

8-Track in SA was horrible, however, never want to see it return so poorly implemented, I'd agree with the idea about the others, and I likely brought them up before too!

This would be a great thing to see return. Seeing they didn't have them back in gta 3 (the last generations IV) maybe we will see them in GTA V as they will most definitely be adding new features. I think this would be great to see return as for me anyway it would add so much more replay time. Also, it would be a great party game, if say gta v had split screen multiplayer, like they did back in san andreas. who knows, but Im all for this idea. (:

It would be fun if there were more race tracks for Hot Ring cars. As for Blood Ring, it would be more fun just because of GTA 4's damage system, and in GTA V it could be even better.

I just hope the races wouldn't only happen when you go there...and that it would be possible to 'interrupt' one with a good old rocket to the leader's car. And then the news would go on about some terrorist attack tounge.gif

They should return in some form, considering that now they have a lot of time to add features rather than work on a new engine.