Stories about Songs

grope_4_that_date

grope_4_that_date

We all have stories of songs that remind us of something - whether our lady, our man, our ex...or just some random instance. There are a lot of songs we've all heard, but a lot of us have different experiences. What reminds you of a song? Who were you with? What happened? Sometimes music can even make a moment that much more special. It's like a soundtrack to life.

Tell a story about a song!

Here's mine:

Stay With Me - Faces

Back in 1982, me and some buddies of mine were driving down route 5 near Santa Clarita, LA jammin to "Stay with me" by Faces, otherwise known as Rod Stewart. Turns out, we were driving a little too fast and this cop decided to pull us over. Unfortunately, we were so lost in the music we didn't notice this for about 5 miles. The cop wasn't too happy about that.

How about stories/anecdotes about the actual songs... Anything you've heard from the artist behind the song that people might be clueless about? Like the fact Zeppelin's Black Dog or Four Sticks have relatively mundane reasons for their names.. ..

An actual black dog showed up at the recording studio, and the late John Bonham actually used four drum sticks on the song in question!?

Another factoid is that Syd Barrett showed up as Wish You Were Here was being recorded, yet, no one recognized him!

ilovebender.com

The Skyliner's song Since I Don't Have You was written by a guy stuck in his car during rush hour in Tooting, London.

I love California but, I have never been. Hi, I'm a retard! You've just read an ILB post.

grope_4_that_date
How about stories/anecdotes about the actual songs... Anything you've heard from the artist behind the song that people might be clueless about? Like the fact Zeppelin's Black Dog or Four Sticks have relatively mundane reasons for their names.. ..

An actual black dog showed up at the recording studio, and the late John Bonham actually used four drum sticks on the song in question!?

Another factoid is that Syd Barrett showed up as Wish You Were Here was being recorded, yet, no one recognized him!

No, this thread is about your own specific experiences with songs.

EDIT: Nevermind

Edited by BenDeR_

ilovebender.com

Okay once me and my ex-roommate who moved into mine and my grandmother's house one day; were playing with something he downloaded on my then pc that enabled the pitch/speed of an mp3 to be changed - you change the speed/you change the key mentality, he and I both played guitar, so it was cool having him around; the thing he downloaded worked with Winamp from Nullsoft, I'm not sure if it was from Winamp or not, but all I know is I had Winamp; So anyway, we were here at my old computer playing around with the songs on my hard drive, playing them faster, playing them slower, just for sh*ts and giggles, and nothing to do with pitch or key; just fun. Now, I remember I wanted to hear what a slow chipmunk sounded like and I had the theme from that 80's cartoon Alvin and the Chipmunks on my hard drive; so we played it slowed down and... A chill ran down my back.

It's like; It sounded so normal; that it occured to me and I remembered this very basic fact; they recorded it normal then sped it up; so we had accidentily listened to how that song was recorded...

This is what we accidently found.

When you're playing songs slow, you expect to hear like demonic voices and stuff, so when you hear guys singing normal but kind of flat; it really sounds f*ckING DISTURBING. Especially if you didn't see it comming too tounge.gif, it's like

"WTF, that's creepy"

y'know.

Edited by ilovebender.com

I love California but, I have never been. Hi, I'm a retard! You've just read an ILB post.

At an outdoor Crosby, Stills, Nash show...they started playing Dark Star so I kicked off my sandals and ran through the grass with glee. Just as I started running a bunch of people jumped the fence. I ended up getting tackled by security. I showed the dude my stub, but he still seemed to not believe me but didn't boot me out.

At the end of that ordeal I ended up running into(and took back to my place) the chick who is now my wife.

edit:

I guess I'll include the song.

Edited by trip

AlexGTAGamer

Firestarter, or better known in my family household as my childhood song. As a baby whenever I would become temperamental, I would be put in my highchair in front of the TV and this song would then be put on, it soon calmed me down. Well actually it was that song and this one:

Both of these are the first songs I ever danced to too.

So whilst my second oldest brother grew listening to Jason Donovan & Kylie Minogue, my dad grew up listening to The Rolling Stones records, and the rest of my family were listening to some more subtler songs, I was listening to The Prodigy. tounge.gif

Oh what a lovely childhood. biggrin.gif