Hitman ranks for weapons

DatassGTA

Anyone remember this from SA? how the more you used a gun the more experience you got with it, and eventually you would get "hitman rank" when the weapon was at it's max level. Some even let you dual wield (The sawed-off and the tec nine that I remember) when you reached hitman.

I think GTA V should let you level up your guns too and the more you use them, the better you become with them.

Just a thought.

What you guys think?

Triple Vacuum Seal

I thought it was an excellent idea but R* needs to understand the power of OPTIONS. I hated being forced to dual wield the rest of the game in GTASA just because I killed enough people. It was utterly annoying because I didn't like the ghetto stances CJ had (holding two 9mm side ways like handle bars). Gun levels should unlock unique....

Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal

I thought it was an excellent idea but R* needs to understand the power of OPTIONS. I hated being forced to dual wield the rest of the game in GTASA just because I killed enough people. It was utterly annoying because I didn't like the ghetto stances CJ had (holding two 9mm side ways like handle bars). Gun levels should unlock unique....

user posted image

-scopes (zoom in further when you click the focus button on controller)

-extra hand grips (reduce recoil/movement)

-laser sight (aiming dot turns red when on a NPC)

-silencers

-grenade packages

-bright light mounted on the gun (increased brightness in certain areas)

Yeah, it would be nice if leveling up your gun also unlocks sights, grips, or grenade launchers.

I saw some silenced AK-47 in GTA V Trailer, it's too probably that weapon customization will be in GTA V.

Triple Vacuum Seal
I saw some silenced AK-47 in GTA V Trailer, it's too probably that weapon customization will be in GTA V.

Yeah I would be shocked to not see customization.

yes but only in single player

What's the point of multiplayer if you cannot improve your weapons?

UberChargedCJ

i would think about that in multiplayer if it did exist

Edited by UberChargedCJ

Triple Vacuum Seal

ikr extended mags are a must with multiplayer because 70% of the times I was killed was from some dickhead waiting from a distance for me to reload.

CryptReaperDorian

I think that was a suppressed (that's the correct term) Type 56-2 or something from the AK-100 series. Hell, most of the "AK-47s" you see are actually AKMs (which pretty much phased out the AK-47 back in Vietnam War).

However, that's probably not relevant. Would I like "Hitman ranks"? I'm quite unsure. However, I do hope the gunplay is more professional than "gangsta" (like how GTA SA, Red Dead Redemption, and Max Payne 3 have you firing guns with a single arm). I don't mind if you can fire a dual-wield, but you should lose a lot of accuracy for doing so. I think the gunplay should be more authentic and practical, and guns better have recoil for once (where the reticle jumps upwards and sometimes a bit to the sides).

Altough, in my opinion, the dual wielding is a must (It was awesome then, imagine it now) the Hitman ranks weren't anything special. I would like to see them returning if they really changed the way the character aims, shoots, or moves ( I'd love to see the way Max Payne runs with a gun in a GTA game). I Never got the feeling of improvement on SA. Yes, you could move and dual wield, but there was nothing special in the way the shootouts went.

SanAndreasII
Anyone remember this from SA? how the more you used a gun the more experience you got with it, and eventually you would get "hitman rank" when the weapon was at it's max level. Some even let you dual wield (The sawed-off and the tec nine that I remember) when you reached hitman.

I think GTA V should let you level up your guns too and the more you use them, the better you become with them.

Just a thought.

What you guys think?

I hope to see weapon experience. But it should be about accuracy and aim, and such. Its unrealistic for weapons to suddenly fire faster because you got more experience.

Singleplayer only. Don't want dual wield in multiplayer and every single player being a circlerunning pussy with sawnoffs like in SA.

ToniForelli

Weapon skill is my favourite skill in the game. I wish we could get upgrades or more.

G1T

Triple Vacuum Seal
Weapon skill is my favourite skill in the game. I wish we could get upgrades or more.

Yes R* strayed away from focusing on weapons it seemed in GTAIV and that is one of the largest aspects of the game.

StateofMind15

I always thought mp was for friends that want to have fun.

OT: Yes this would be awesome, but ONLY IN STORY MODE. If it's in mp everyone will be leveling up their weapon and nobody will do fun things.

Having fun, playing a (relatively) fair game. This isn't Call of Duty, where noobs are rewarded with better weapons the more the cheapshot everyone. Where's the fun in playing a game where you have a very small chance of winning against some douche without a life?

OT:

DatassGTA has a point. I'm all for it, as long as we can choose what to use. (ie. upgrades aren't permanent. SRTT really @$^%@# up on that front)

Edited by rodneythesavior

-silencers

-grenade packages

This^

i hate when games force us to do someting, i like OPTIONS

Triple Vacuum Seal
I thought it was an excellent idea but R* needs to understand the power of OPTIONS.  I hated being forced to dual wield the rest of the game in GTASA just because I killed enough people.  It was utterly annoying because I didn't like the ghetto stances CJ had (holding two 9mm side ways like handle bars).  Gun levels should unlock unique....

-silencers

-grenade packages

This^

i hate when games force us to do someting, i like OPTIONS

also....R* needs to do something about shoulder-fire rocket-propelled weapons and arms in that class. GTAIV was steep back in that sector as well. What ever happened to heat seeking devices? They could've at least made them available to those who level up. FFS rolleyes.gif

I was expecting....

FGM-148 Javelin

user posted image

AT4

user posted image

*Maybe the AT4 could be accessible after a certain mission and then the FGM-148 Javelin at Hitman level. I am sure some sort of shoulder-fire heat seeking anti-aircraft arm will return as the military and military aircraft seem to be back.

CryptReaperDorian

The FGM-148 is precision-guided, but the AT4 definitely is not. The AT4 is actually what some would call a "dumb rocket". The Stinger, Igla, Strela-2, and Redeye are examples of true MANPADS or SAMs.

Triple Vacuum Seal
The FGM-148 is precision-guided, but the AT4 definitely is not. The AT4 is actually what some would call a "dumb rocket". The Stinger, Igla, Strela-2, and Redeye are examples of true MANPADS or SAMs.

Yes it is unguided but it's still stronger than an RPG-7 and would serve a purpose in GTAV as a pre-Hitman status weapon.