Eastbound & Down

Mister Pink

Mister Pink

My friend showed me a clip of this T.V. series this morning at it seemed funny. Has anyone watched it? I'm thinking of starting to tonight.

It's a HBO show so it's got to be good! tounge.gif Seriously though most HBO shows I've watched are gold.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0866442/

Kenny f*ckin' Powers, man. Yeah, this show is p hilarious. Most of the humor is in how amazingly well Danny McBride plays the character. He's really got that narcissistic redneck thing perfected. You stay glued if only to see just how awful he can get. Season two in Mexico is my favorite so far.

jMNM8n3.gif

Mister Pink

Excellent. Look forward to watching it now. Rob McBride is great.

love love love this show. As Voodoo said, Danny McBride is fantastic as Kenny Powers. Also credit should go to the guy who plays Stevie Janowski and to April's big old titties.

Adam Jensen

I love it. Kenny is a unique character. Extremely funny to watch, but I'd probably kill him if I knew him. Somehow I missed the first 2 episodes of third season. Doesn't matter. HBO will probably do reruns as usual. Or I could just, you know.

I've been loving Toby. Not only is he cuter than a pail of kittens, but he works out to be more than a tired spin on Three Men and a Baby.

Yq5y51Y.png

Love it. One of my favorites. The second season was amazing. Especially Aaron...

and this scene...

A friend recommended I watch it so I rented the first season. I thought it was funny. I moved to a place that doesn't seem to have rental stores(Blockbusters are even closed down) so I don't know when I'll get to see season two (unless I give in and get Netflix or something). But I recommend watching it. I liked it.

nice to see people are still able to find this show.

during the first season it had kind of a niche following for awhile, but anyone who watches it instantly falls in love.

and now you've got Danny McBride doing Reebok commercials and sh*t as his character Kenny Powers and there are tons of outstanding guest appearances, people lining up who want to be on the show. and for good reason, it's absolutely hilarious.

to anyone who enjoys Eastbound & Down, you'll also probably enjoy Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm...

...assuming you can afford HBO or are willing to pirate episodes tounge.gif

during the first season it had kind of a niche following for awhile, but anyone who watches it instantly falls in love.

and now you've got Danny McBride doing Reebok commercials and sh*t as his character Kenny Powers and there are tons of outstanding guest appearances, people lining up who want to be on the show. and for good reason, it's absolutely hilarious.

to anyone who enjoys Eastbound & Down, you'll also probably enjoy Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm...

Yeah, Lily Tomlin is Kenny's mom, who was revealed at the end of Sunday's episode. And of course Don Johnson played his dad.

Adam Jensen

How much is HBO in other countries anyway? Because my monthly subscription is €4.45.

Comes as a package deal in lovely Canada; we've got to subscribe to the movie channels as well. 20 bloody dollars, all said and done.

right, it's not like HBO is expensive.

we also have a package deal like Otter mentioned which also includes Showtime and Cinemax.

but I know a lot of people who would rather just follow these shows on their computer... by legal means or not.

love love love this show.

The writing this season has been spectacular. Sad that this week is the last ever episode.

love love love this show.

The writing this season has been spectacular. Sad that this week is the last ever episode.

there's three more episodes apparently.

vertical limit

Eastbound and Down is pretty funny, the main guy, that came from Tropic Thunder and that one Ben Stiller movie, that man was a great choice of the show.

I have S1 and 2 already.

I came across it at Walmart or Target looking over DVDs, beforehand not heard a word on it. I did notice tonight it was mentioned on YouTube for one of those comments "Thumbs up if _______ brought you here"

Well, the funny thing about that is it's not really something to brag about, just shows how you're unfamiliar with popular music! haha

The old daze anywayz

I saw Tropic Thunder in the theater, and I knew these were good comic actors, Danny McBride of course

Looks like Kenny is going to transition into a Knuckleballer. I love it.

Also enjoyed that comic period piece he starred in, it was written off by most. A tale of a reluctant knight? I can't recall the title, but I'm sure someone knows, or is not to lazy to look up IMDB

Brown Sugar

I watched a couple episodes of the 3rd season last night. God this program is hilarious, love Danny McBride's style of comedy, I'm going to have to get the first 2 seasons to watch.

Has anyone seen 30 Minutes or Less? Danny McBride plays the exact same character as Kenny Powers - minus the talent. I highly recommend anyone who likes this show watch that movie

• 2 months later...

Bump for f*cking excellence in broadcasting. (tounge.gif)

Seriously this is a great show. Seems like HBO just sh*ts all over the other US networks in terms of quality shows.

Just started watching season 2. Loved season 1.

FIOszpJ.gif

HBO just sh*ts all over the other US networks in terms of quality shows.

well of course.

the networks aren't concerned with quality.

they're only concerned with the lowest common denominator. the more people watching their channel, the more advertising dollars they make.

and that's why you have 45970959853744089 different kinds of cop and law and hospital dramas and then another 904359034750983475834 different kinds of singing and/or dancing competitions. because networks only care about cheap production and cheap entertainment.

HBO is not beholden to advertising revenue; at least not in the same way that the networks are.

HBO (and Showtime, for that matter) can afford to be patient and develop something that is unique and driven by quality.

it also helps that they don't have to deal with network rules pertaining to censorship.

When Will Ferrell entered, the laughs went up even more.

1:09, 3:54

vertical limit

Speaking of HBO

HBO, is the king of TV Networks worldwide.

Brown Sugar

I actually had no idea that season 3 was going to be the last until just before watching the final episode. The ending had me laughing so much I was in tears at how stupid Kenny Rogers is.

Moonshield

I finally just started watching this show. f*ckin Early Man playing in the first episode? I'm going to dig this.

4XEtraA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Renewed for a fourth season with eight more eps. This is good news.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056210

jMNM8n3.gif

Mister Pink

Speaking of HBO

HBO, is the king of TV Networks worldwide.

Hear hear to yours and El_diablos comments.

Still actually haven't got around to watching this properly yet! blush.gif