roads,buildings,walls etc are not visible

sameernaughty

sameernaughty

i have installed gta 4 and when the gameplay starts the roads,building walls etc are not visible.....please help me

sameernaughty

intel core i3 processor 2.30ghz

500gb harddsk

intel hd graphics 3000

4gb ram

sameernaughty

and when i install the patch it says tht gta iv is not installed....help please?

and should i download all the patches?

You only need the latest patch, but with that system it won't make a difference; you don't meet the system specifications for playing the game normally.

• 2 weeks later...
sameernaughty

when i install the patch it says tht gta iv is not installed....help please?

YankeesPwnMets

It doesn't matter what you do. The game aint gonna run unless you like lowest settings at 5FPS

You have an i3. If your PC is a desktop, spend $100 on a 6670 or something cheap like that and you'll get results. If your PC is a laptop, then SOL.

sameernaughty

i have a laptop and dude the gane is working good....movements are fast only the roads,buildings are not visible

You have two people now saying the same thing; your laptop does not meet the specification.

Just curious, Did you bother to READ the System Requirements on the game box AND the Pinned "Can I run it..." thread? Cause if you had you would see that Intel Video cards ARE NOT supported by this game..It requires at least a Nvidia 7900/ATI X1900 with 256mb DEDICATED VRAM...Intel cards are Integrated and have Shared vram(shared with the system ram). The most Vram I have seen Intel cards have is 128MB dedicated...Which is below the minimum too..No offence.. smile.gif

You CAN Run III, VC, and SA at near maxed out/maxed out settings, but IV is a no go...

Since you are on a laptop, there is nothing you can really do, as laptop cards cannot be upgraded...So, If you want to play in Liberty City, just play GTA III-it will run great on that laptop...

i have installed gta 4 and when the gameplay starts the roads,building walls etc are not visible.....please help me

hi

i have a prblm where the terrain (walls\roads\ ext...) only load in a vary small radius around where i start at.

and when i go to adjust the graphic settings it wont let me but it will do auto config just fine. it also says that i only have 64 mb video memory but when i run auto config it puts the graphic settings above recommended settings but it also play the game supper fast pls help

my lap top specs are as follows

Intel Pentium duel core 2.00 ghz

4 gb's ddr3 ram

1.696 gb's with dedicated 64 mb video memory

500 gb hdd

now i play mass effect 1\2 and 3 with maximum graphic quality and my pc plays that damn good

what do i need to do to fix this prblm

YankeesPwnMets

System minimum requirements say that you need 256Mb of video RAM.

http://technodorm.com/2008/12/30/gta-4-system-requirements/

You have 64 MB of dedicated video memory, so your system falls short of the minimum requirements as well. It doesn't matter if you can run Mass Effect 1/2/3 well, because the system requirements for the games don't even compare to what GTA IV needs.

so the only problem in my laptop is the graphic card??????

Basically yes, but it's not replaceable. It is recommended to buy a new Gaming PC.

3lIXKDi.png

YankeesPwnMets
so the only problem in my laptop is the graphic card??????

Yep. You probably would have been able to run the game nicely with a video card upgrade on a desktop, but since its a laptop you're either going to need to save it for a new desktop or exchange the laptop for a desktop, but you're still gonna need to pay the difference in price.

If you eventually get a desktop, ask us first. Too many people have walked into Best Buy, bought the cheapest thing they could find and then bitched back at us when they found out their game still can't run.

sameernaughty

but i want to ask tht why is it not installing the patch.....whenever i try to install,,,it gives an error tht gta is not installed........and please also tell me wht desktop pc should i buy?

YankeesPwnMets
but i want to ask tht why is it not installing the patch.....whenever i try to install,,,it gives an error tht gta is not installed........and please also tell me wht desktop pc should i buy?

Download the patch here:

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/4...-0-5-2-japanese

And click the setup.exe file.

Anyways, what budget do you have for a desktop?

It would be better(and probably cheaper) to build your own desktop...Just let us know your budget, and we can recommend you a good build-there are a few people who can recommend great builds... smile.gif

As far as the Patch, just follow Yankees' post above... smile.gif

500$ to 600$ would be enough????

To build a new PC, yes, that should be good..If no one comes up with a build before tonight, I can come up with one for you-Is it alright to use Newegg.com?-that is the one I use...

However, to Buy a new pre-built one, then more than likely not if you want good fps at good settings...

YankeesPwnMets

If you can, try to learn how to build one yourself

This is a two hour long in depth tutorial on how to build your own. I can give you the list of parts, because the ones you listed are a bit lacking.

If you really don't want to build it, here is a slightly overpriced option. However, you're still going to need to learn how to upgrade your graphics card.

Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150521

Main System: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883229310

Subtotal: $615

sameernaughty

ok then i will built my pc.......tell me about the parts i should buy............and dude thnku for your help

sameernaughty

thnks....i will buy this as soon as possible...

and the patch is still not installing......now it says tht you system is not modified