Carrying & Drawing Weapons

bread

So as we've seen in the past couple of GTA's we'd end up obtaining AK's, Deagles, Grenades and all that jazz. Where did we carry them all? IN SPACE. The next moment you draw out a deagle and the next moment you would draw out a bazooka completely out of nowhere with a single hit of a button. Personally I'd rather this be changed. Maybe have the character wear a backpack so that he can keep larger weapons in there or something like that. There are definitely more alternatives though. Any thoughts on this exactly?

BirthOfMayhem

This is a hard one for me. I'm all in to realism, but I would hate to see a guy walking down the street looking like he was the terminator with ammunition and guns straped to everywhere. Maybe it could depend on the type of clothing the player is wearing? For instance if the player was wearing a police belt, he would draw a pistol from the holster. If he was wearing a drench coat, he would pull large weapons out from under it. Unless they do someting like that, I cant see it working other than pulling everything out of the players back pocket like he was Chris Angel in the traditional GTA style.

For the record, I like the RDR weapon wheel over GTA IV's weapon selection system.

Max Payne 3 will have some improvements. Each gun will have its own place and its own animation, there will not be weapons coming from Max's neck.

Using this new technique, Rockstar can absolutely create something to prevent this lack of realism in GTA.

The problem comparing these two games is that Max will probably have different weapons in each mission, and in GTA you only lose your armory when you get caught by the cops (and when you die in III-era games).

Something cool that they could add is a place to put your weapons in your car, like in the trunk or in the backseat. The problem is if your car explode or if you change your car in the road, you lose everything.

But yeah, it's very ugly in my opinion, but considering that in GTA you always have a lot of different weapons and you probably don't wanna lose them all, this unrealism is necessary.

Tahmid<3

The only weapon's that I think will be visible will be pistol's, and that's if there are holster's... and it would be cool if we could pick where we'd like to holster the weapon (i.e. under your armpit or on your waist... or hell, even your sock... tounge.gif) I think bigger weapon's like RPG's will obviously becoming from our trouser's again. tounge.gif

Well I’m all for realism, but in this day and age, bar a handgun in some situations it’s generally frowned upon to walk around with guns strapped everywhere, and I personally would hate the backpack idea, just don’t like the look of a backpack all the time if I was wanting to carry my AK.

The reason it worked for RDR and John Marston to walk around witha Shotty or a Rifle on his back was because it was common place then, and with MP3 it's a first person shooter, where as far as I know you won't be roaming to many city streets armed to the teeth, besides in a fight.

They could to it where you'll have to discared hard to conceal weapons (AR's some Shotguns RPG's) after one use, but I honestly don't see why it's never buged me enough to make me care.

The reason it worked for RDR and John Marston to walk around witha Shotty or a Rifle on his back was because it was common place then, and with MP3 it's a first person shooter, where as far as I know you won't be roaming to many city streets armed to the teeth, besides in a fight.

It's a third person shooter, dude. wink.gif

grope_4_that_date

I'm all for realism.

I think this is how it would work:

• Weapons that are carried would be shown like Manhunt. Shotguns ride around the neck. Knives and Pistols can be hidden.

• Melee weapons, such as bats and crowbars don't cause wanted levels. Bazookas do. You'd only get a wanted level if your outside with a visible weapon.

• Players should be able to carry weapons in their trunk. When they don't want them, they throw it on the ground or put it back in the trunk.

I'm all for realism.

I think this is how it would work:

• Weapons that are carried would be shown like Manhunt. Shotguns ride around the neck. Knives and Pistols can be hidden.

• Melee weapons, such as bats and crowbars don't cause wanted levels. Bazookas do. You'd only get a wanted level if your outside with a visible weapon.

• Players should be able to carry weapons in their trunk. When they don't want them, they throw it on the ground or put it back in the trunk.

So basically Like Mafia II? That would work.

This is an unrealistic aspect of GTA that is necessary if we want to carry ten weapons or so on our person. It would look ridiculous to show them all and wouldn't be as fun if you could only carry a few at a time. It will work for MP3 because it is a different game with different goals. I don't see any way around it. But I'm used to it so I don't mind.

It's a third person shooter, dude. wink.gif

Woah complette mess up. My bad, I knew there was something off with that post. facedesk.gif

@grope_4_that_date that could work, but about the shotguns going around your neck, like I said that's kinda frowned upon most of the time, unless it's hidden. Besides that I like your idea. Also you should have the option for an Assault Rifle or Sniper on your back instead of a shotty, and Sawn offs could be hidden too.

Here's a solution of mine:

All weapons can be accessed as usual, HOWEVER, if you want to use a weapon that is already taken up in a slot (example, you have a Glock but want to use a Desert Eagle) you can access it from a bag, a compartment in your safehouse, or from the trunk of your vehicle.

Here's a solution of mine:

All weapons can be accessed as usual, HOWEVER, if you want to use a weapon that is already taken up in a slot (example, you have a Glock but want to use a Desert Eagle) you can access it from a bag, a compartment in your safehouse, or from the trunk of your vehicle.

That's a good idea, but what if you are in the middle of a gunfire and need to change your Glock to your deagle quickly?

Here comes the problem. Solutions for a more realistic game they always have, but they need to make it more playable and objective and forget about the realism sometimes.

I'm all for realism, but this is probably the only unrealistic aspect of GTA that shouldnt be changed, i know its looks stupid that we carry 10 weapons and not even 1 of them is visible but it will look even more stupid and unrealistic if they made all the weapons visible, we will look like the terminator if they did that. and btw RDR wheel system was really good it could possibly work in GTA V,

@Linki nice idea.. but how can that work in the middle of shootouts

Edited by Gtaghost22

While we're on the topic of weapons. I hope we can have a weapon selected, but not drawn. So when we aim, we can immediately wield that gun, kind of like in Red Dead Redemption. Would be a nice touch.

I want the weapon wheel back from Red Dead Redemption, but I also want the weapon system from L.A. Noire. (where larger weapons are located in the car)

You won't be able to carry larger weapons such as RPG, Sniper, AK-47, etc on your person all at once. But you can carry Pistols, SMG's, and knives. All in their respective locations, and with unique animations for each.

That way you always have a weapon, but you're not walking around town like the Terminator.

Edited by rodneythesavior

Racecarlock

The only thing that needs improving is how we select the weapons. Make that simple and easy to use. But I'd rather not have to run back to my safehouse or my car every time I want a rocket launcher. What, it's not enough that I might have to eat and fuel up my car every 30 minutes, now I have to be conservative with weapons? Do you people just want to suck all the fun out of random mayhem? I mean, what else would I have? Oh right, 9 to 5 jobs. Yeah, that sounds fun. Spending most of my game time flipping burgers. Truly this is what GTA has always been working towards. Did you detect my sarcasm yet?

I want the weapon wheel back from Red Dead Redemption, but I also want the weapon system from L.A. Noire. (where larger weapons are located in the car)

You won't be able to carry larger weapons such as RPG, Sniper, AK-47, etc on your person all at once. But you can carry Pistols, SMG's, and knives. All in their respective locations, and with unique animations for each.

That way you always have a weapon, but you're not walking around town like the Terminator.

This would be nice. It would give people more of a reason to actually keep their car, and store it at safehouses.

Racecarlock

Why the hell do you people think it's a good idea to bog the player down in pointless limitations? I don't want to be forced to think strategically, I just want to blow sh*t up and kill people without too much difficulty. Is that too much to ask? Don't you already have mafia II for weapon limits and fuel and traffic laws and all that?

For walking around carrying equipment and such, that depends on what you're actually gonna do. If you're gonna go and rob a bank (like three leaf clover in GTA IV) the equipment and all the straps and such would seem realistic but going out for a stroll with an AK-47 strapped on your back is totally out of reach. Let's face it you wouldn't walk out the door and watch a bunch of joggers with assault rifles and blades propped all around them.

The trunk of a car or backseat seems like the best for me, but there's more. Also I never heard of this weapon wheel considering I've never played RDR.

El Oso Blanco

The only thing that needs improving is how we select the weapons. Make that simple and easy to use. But I'd rather not have to run back to my safehouse or my car every time I want a rocket launcher. What, it's not enough that I might have to eat and fuel up my car every 30 minutes, now I have to be conservative with weapons? Do you people just want to suck all the fun out of random mayhem? I mean, what else would I have? Oh right, 9 to 5 jobs. Yeah, that sounds fun. Spending most of my game time flipping burgers. Truly this is what GTA has always been working towards. Did you detect my sarcasm yet?

Can you chill the f*ck out dude? Nobody said anything about 9-5 jobs or fuel, or hunger. It's about WEAPONS, and a realistic way to carry them.

Personally, I wouldn't mind 2 different game modes at this point.

Mayhem - You're given all of the weapons in the game with no limitations, and are free to do whatever you want. This is what most of the casual GTA players would choose.

Story mode - Where all of the realism and side missions are implemented.

But I do like the idea of carrying around smaller weapons and having to pick up bigger ones. I mean, I don't need to carry around an AK everywhere I go. If i'm about to get into a big firefight, i'll pick off a guy with an AK, and just pick it up and use it for the rest of the fight. When i'm done, i'll drop it. I don't need one in my trunk at all times while playing the story.

Edit - Let's get weapon suitcases. Basically, you can disassemble an AK, put it in the suitcase, and inconspicuously carry it around. That would be badass.

Edited by CajunSnipes

Maybe they should have it if you have a pistol they show a gun took in between your waist and pants.

Why the hell do you people think it's a good idea to bog the player down in pointless limitations? I don't want to be forced to think strategically, I just want to blow sh*t up and kill people without too much difficulty. Is that too much to ask? Don't you already have mafia II for weapon limits and fuel and traffic laws and all that?

If they include a hardcore mode like Red Dead Redemption, they could do the weapon idea.

And too bad Mafia II isn't Grand Theft Auto, with the memorable cities, controls, gameplay etc.

Racecarlock

Can you chill the f*ck out dude? Nobody said anything about 9-5 jobs or fuel, or hunger. It's about WEAPONS, and a realistic way to carry them.

They're not talking about those things in here, but I've seen the hunger and the fuel topic. People actually seem to want those. I'm not kidding.

Fuel in GTAV: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=468266

Hunger in GTA V: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=501937

Yeah, the responses in those threads don't encourage me.

walkingsickness

I had to really think about this one...

I would like to try the real way to carrying a gun (like

pistols are on you, heavy sh*t...in the trunk) but what about

rocket launchers? They can't fit in the truck.

This would be something that the test group would find

interesting but then make the determination that it wouldn't

be practical to have in the game.

idk...I would try it but i dont know if i want that much realism..its still a game

Finn 7 five 11

Yeah word up racecar, i hope some of these things are implemented so people realize how sh*t it is just to prove a point.

Visibly carrying weapons is just as "Unrealistic" as pulling them out of nowhere, i like it the way it is, i think there are much bigger things in the game that could be improved.

It's pretty basic from what we've seen they are sticking to the materializing weapons formula...