GTA 4 WILL NOT START. FFS.

PEETERRRR

I have been looking forward to this game for ages and finally I saved up to buy the full master collection thing.

BUT.

After Install I try to run teh game and it shows the disk spinning but then nothing happens. I have tried re installing it and stuff.

$50 to the person who actually helps me.

Ok, let's start with the basics. Do you have the retail or steam version? And what are your specs?

If you have some disk emulation software like daemon tools installed remove it.

There should be a folder on the game disk called redistributables or something of the sorts and a file called "vc_setup.exe" or something similar within it, size about 3-4MB. Make sure to install it.

I do not have any illegal stuff. (daemon tool versions)

I bought the Complete Edition in a Disk Case, comes with 4 disks, and alot of dissapointment.

There is a folder called that, but I did not find that file. closest thing was v<something>_x86 that i DID install (idk what was at the <something > parts)

Seriously, if so many people have this problem.. shouldn't there be an easy way out of it by now?

There is nothing illegal about daemon tools and other similar software.

Securom problems are common, but the exact extent is questionable. You can try contacting securom with a proof of purchase, they have the capacity to solve that problem for you.

ajgfkajgfiagjfaksjgfdkagd!!!

Price up!$100 to the person who helps me! No higher!

Thanks for trying to help but i dont even know what that is, and dont feel good bout it..

System specs - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

8GB RAM

Thats all I know.

I did that. With the second update thing, where i click on the blue thing to update, it had an error: 'Windows cannot find 'LaunchGTAIV.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

When I put disc 1 in, i have to clikc launch social club, then.. NOTHING.

I was so keen about this game! sad.gif Please help someone i really wanna play.

Kent Traffic Cop

So let me get this straight... you've spent "ages" saving up for this game and now you're offering a very hefty $100 for someone to help you?

I smell bullsh*t.

Stop raging like a child and GTFO.

So let me get this straight... you've spent "ages" saving up for this game and now you're offering a very hefty $100 for someone to help you?

I smell bullsh*t.

Stop raging like a child and GTFO.

This is not for you to worry about, if you want a f*cking picture of my discs then I will supply you with one. Go mind your own buiz f*ckhead, i wasn't raging, i was asking for help, and putting a little offer on the end... no you Get the f*ck out f*cking troll

Edited by PEETERRRR

hard for me to type this but the error i get when i run the blue updater thing is...

Windows cannot find 'LaunchGTAIV.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

and i click on game, launch social club, then nothing.

Edited by PEETERRRR

Did you extract all files from the patch archive? They all need to be place in the same folder prior to installing.

Did you extract all files from the patch archive? They all need to be place in the same folder prior to installing.

Um I put it on my desktop then ran it. Which folder should I put it in (then re-extract) ?

It doesn't matter, as long as you extract all the file to the same folder (IIRC there are 2 or 3 files, one is the actual executable, others are data).

If you can't install the update, you can use this archive http://www.4shared.com/file/sHL0ym0_/GTAIV_patch_7.html

You will need to extract all of these files into the game folder, overwriting old files along the way.

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: DFA did not initialize properly. Please make sure you are using LaunchGTAIV.exe to launch the game.

Then I went on 'my computer' and clicked on the gta thing thats on my disk, and same problem, it wont start. confused.gif

I bought the Complete Edition in a Disk Case, comes with 4 disks, and alot of dissapointment.

^^^^

A good question to solving this issue, IS: Where did you get the game from? Cause the is NO Complete Edition on Disc for PC-the ONLY Complete Edition for PC is on Steam/D2D, etc.(the Legal Downloads version)...The ONLY Complete Edition that is on disc is for PS3/X-Box 360, which is ONE disc(I know, as I have the Complete Edition for PS3, and it is only one disc)...The ONLY version for PC is the Original IV in one package and EFLC in a separate package-IV ONLY has 2 discs, so If you have 4, then you obviously have an illegal game copy? confused.gif

Next, Also, Please post the REQUIRED information from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic, as posted by Justin(A Moderator):

What is your Processor?

What is the Processor Speed?

What is the Ram?

What is the Video card?

What is the vram?

How much dedicated vram?

What is the Sound card?

What is the OS?

Do you have the latest SP for the OS-ie. SP3 for XP, SP2 for Vista, and SP1 for 7?

Any mods or trainers?

Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-these can cause problems with games.

Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Downloaded version?

If Downloaded, from where?

If Retail, Is this the Original DVD OR a Copy of the DVD OR a No-DVD crack?

This will help people fix the problem...Please read and utilize the Pinned topics in the future..Thanks

To find the above, Go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search(if Vista or 7) and type in DXDIAG and press Enter. The first page is the Processor, Ram, OS info., then click the Display tab=Video card info, then Sound=Sound card info. etc.

I bought this game from a Store in Australia called 'EB Games'. It's Legit. I bought the 'Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes from Liberty City' Complete edition for PC which contains 4 discs, 2 for IV, 2 for EFLC. Check out 'Games for Windows live' , thats what is printed on the case. You are wrong lol.

CASE: Aywun 977B

PSU: Aywun 500w

MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V LX

CPU: Intel core i5-2400

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Sata3 1Tb

ODD: Sony 24x DVDrw

GPU: Inno3D GTX-560 1Gb

There is no such thing as launchgtaiv.exe because when I go to my computer and search it its not there but there is a file called 'AutoRun'.

There is no such thing as launchgtaiv.exe because when I go to my computer and search it its not there but there is a file called 'AutoRun'.

Are you sure about that-lol tounge2.gif There is on EVERY legit game-as seen here:user posted image

And IT is NOT the Complete Edition, as it is 2 seperate games-IV in one package and EFLC in another package, as seen here-lol:user posted image

So, IF you do not have all the files, then a simple un-install and re-install should help wonders...?

Note: I checked, and there is NO page stretches on here, so everything's good to go.. tounge2.gif

radioman has a tendency to derail topics, my suggestion to you is to ignore him.

Does that full version have a separate launcher for each game? There are so many bloody distributions of this game I don't know to which do those patches apply to. Maybe the one you have is "final" and doesn't need to updated.

Can you install only GTAIV from those discs? If yes, uninstall both games from your system, delete the install directory and install a fresh GTAIV copy. When you're done go to the game install folder, create a screen shot and post it here.

If you have problems with that, you can download this script http://www.4shared.com/file/70WR_CK8/file.html

Just drop it in the GTAIV install directory, double click it and it will create a dir.txt file. Open it and post its contents over here.

Can you install only GTAIV from those discs?

Well, duh, of coarse you can install the game from the original discs-how else are you going to install a game on the PC(that is not a legal download from Steam/D2D, etc.)-as those require no discs to install or play..?-That was kind of a dumb question coming from someone who knows about PC's-and from your posts, I know you DO know what you are talking about, but that made no sense? confused.gif

About the un-install/re-install, that is what I suggested in my last post-lol tounge2.gif

Edited by radioman

YankeesPwnMets
Can you install only GTAIV from those discs?

Well, duh, of coarse you can install the game from the original discs-how else are you going to install a game on the PC(that is not a legal download from Steam/D2D, etc.)-as those require no discs to install or play..?-That was kind of a dumb question coming from someone who knows about PC's-and from your posts, I know you DO know what you are talking about, but that made no sense? confused.gif

About the un-install/re-install, that is what I suggested in my last post-lol tounge2.gif

Dude, the Complete Edition disc is available in other countries, just not the United States.

@Peter: Just FYI, people are going to have a hard time taking you seriously if you curse 50 times in one sentence. Show some maturity, will ya?

I don't see how you don't have a launchgtaiv.exe. Its in every version of the game, digital or disc. When you first install the game did you mess up in any way?

Radioman is so smart.

user posted image

^^ I got that from google but that is what I bought and its got 4 discs. Thanks Mkey but that thingy i put it in my folder and it says to insert a new disc confused.gif

K. So. I go to my computer and open the file thingy.

user posted image

I get this...

user posted image

Then I go into the GTAIV folder to find...

user posted image

My expansion drive is also legal its a little black box I plug into my wall then my computer and my other drive is fake using daemon tools so I can store Expansions with arma 2 (all legal) and its files go to expansion.. I got help with someone of that on teamviewer so i dunno much.. Dont jump on me for it!

YankeesPwnMets

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV and look for launchgtaiv.exe there.

@PEETERRRR, I have NEVER seen that in ANY store around here-I checked Wal-Mart's #1362, #990, #919, the one in Niceville and the one in Navarre, plus Target and K-mart and have never seen that for PC-ONLY PS3 and 360...I also never seen it on Wal-Mart.com, Kmart.com, Target.com, OR Amazon.com...So, What Country is that in?-Obviously NOT the USA?-So, that was an honest mistake, if you can provide a link to a legitimate store that sells the Complete Edition for PC-as I said above, I have ONLY seen the ones I posted screenshots to above-which are 2 seperate games...?(confused) confused.gif The Only one for PC i've seen is the one on Steam(legal download version)-the one I have installed currently..

Edited by radioman

YankeesPwnMets

@PEETERRRR, I have NEVER seen that in ANY store around here-I checked Wal-Mart's #1362, #990, #919, the one in Niceville and the one in Navarre, plus Target and K-mart and have never seen that for PC-ONLY PS3 and 360...I also never seen it on Wal-Mart.com, Kmart.com, Target.com, OR Amazon.com...So, What Country is that in?-Obviously NOT the USA?-So, that was an honest mistake, if you can provide a link to a legitimate store that sells the Complete Edition for PC-as I said above, I have ONLY seen the ones I posted screenshots to above-which are 2 seperate games...?(confused) confused.gif The Only one for PC i've seen is the one on Steam(legal download version)-the one I have installed currently..

As I stated above, the Complete disk is avaliable in other countries but not in the United States

For example, the disk isn't in the American version of Amazon but it is a available in the UK version of Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-I...32808707&sr=8-4

And with all due respect, if you have a question about something, ask about it instead of just winging everything and wrongly accusing people.

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

Peter, I would like to see a screenshot of the game installation directory on the HDD, not the contents of the install dvd. Don't worry about that script I posted above, screenshots are fine.

Edited by mkey82