I just hope it won't use the RAGE engine

DlZZEE

Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine

• Yes, It's epic
    • No, we don't a life simulation game

Remember how 'cheesy' the characters looked like pre-RAGE?

Remember how you were actually playing a 'doll'?

Remember when the graphics themselves looked a tad 'poor'?

Well, R* is trying to sort this mess up by starting from scratch, turning their vacant, poorly-rendered characters and textures to life.

Graphics don't make a game, but in this generation, you either walk to reach the top, or stay still and get back. III-Era was the best, it was much better and funnier than IV. Now, I hope V won't disappoint and stick back to their roots, by adding fun modes, humorous dialogue, better characters, minus a tad bit of realism (No, we don't need to fuel a car or use a toilet, for Arceus' sake), and maybe featuring past protagonists (Claude, Toni, CJ or Niko).

I agree completely. The Ballad of Gay Tony had the worst main character of a GTA game yet.

Oh yeah, like the lost gang member of the ''shrek'' gang trying to make a comeback was a better character. Make them all white and you're playing GTA: The Godfather. I'm talking about the San andreas if you didn't get the hints.

Its not about them being white. San Andreas has some of the best characters of any GTA game. I just hated Luis Lopez.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

SanAndreasII
I Totally liked the RAGE Engine Because it's cool

Maybe there could be an option to change it: "moon physics", "earth physics".

Remember how 'cheesy' the characters looked like pre-RAGE?

Remember how you were actually playing a 'doll'?

Remember when the graphics themselves looked a tad 'poor'?

Well, R* is trying to sort this mess up by starting from scratch, turning their vacant, poorly-rendered characters and textures to life.

Graphics don't make a game, but in this generation, you either walk to reach the top, or stay still and get back. III-Era was the best, it was much better and funnier than IV. Now, I hope V won't disappoint and stick back to their roots, by adding fun modes, humorous dialogue, better characters, minus a tad bit of realism (No, we don't need to fuel a car or use a toilet, for Arceus' sake), and maybe featuring past protagonists (Claude, Toni, CJ or Niko).

I agree completely. The Ballad of Gay Tony had the worst main character of a GTA game yet.

Oh yeah, like the lost gang member of the ''shrek'' gang trying to make a comeback was a better character. Make them all white and you're playing GTA: The Godfather. I'm talking about the San andreas if you didn't get the hints.

Its not about them being white. San Andreas has some of the best characters of any GTA game. I just hated Luis Lopez.

He's no different than CJ. I don't know if being bodyguard for a gay dude is the best thing that R* could come up with but I like to play as a character that is a bodyguard for a man that is a business man and needs to take out the competition and beside that he helps out his friends and family. I don't see him AS the business man that has to take care of the competition by himself.

San Andreas has some of the best characters of any GTA game. I just hated Luis Lopez.

I'd agree with you that Luis is a crappy protagonist - he has no motives beyond not getting killed, he doesn't really interact well with other people besides punching them in the face, and he's just generally a boring character. However, the game's side characters are some of the best: Gay Tony and Yusuf Amir are easily in my top ten GTA characters. The funny thing is, I could say the same about GTA SA - I dislike CJ because of his whiny voice and his readiness to be someone else's bitch, but characters like Mike Toreno and Officer Tenpenny are just plain amazing.

Someone's a Pokémon fan. monocle.gif

Always am, always will be.

Am I the only person hoping for Yusuf Amir to return in V?

This is just another "GTA IV hate" Thread. Thank god R* don't listen to their fans, because if they would the series would be already f*cked up and I don't want another PS2 GTA game.

See, it's people like you who will end up disappointed after GTA V's release.

If R* would listen to their fans, they'll get the advantage, improving and adding what we all fans want and expect. Now, I believe fans here are hoping for GTA VI to be set in Vice City. But maybe R*'s trying a new, different city, which, will disappoint people too. Think Rocksteady, the creators behind Batman: AA & Arkham City, they gave a nod to their fans and took their opinions here and there, thus, leading to the huge success of Arkham City.

R* will get the advantage IF they listen to their fans.

And GTA V could be the best Grand Theft Auto to date.

This is just another "GTA IV hate" Thread. Thank god R* don't listen to their fans, because if they would the series would be already f*cked up and I don't want another PS2 GTA game.

If R* would listen to their fans, they'll get the advantage, improving and adding what we all fans want and expect. Now, I believe fans here are hoping for GTA VI to be set in Vice City. But maybe R*'s trying a new, different city, which, will disappoint people too. Think Rocksteady, the creators behind Batman: AA & Arkham City, they gave a nod to their fans and took their opinions here and there, thus, leading to the huge success of Arkham City.

when you say "fans" you mean you, right? I for example don't want some crapy Vice city. You think it is easy to please all the fans? Half of the GTA community loves GTA 4 and the other half hates it. It's a fight with no end. Creators of Batman doesn't have to face billion peoples wishes. GTA games are the most popular games in the world. I haven't seen Batman game being mentioned in any movie or tv show but GTA games are mentioned in a lot of them.

when you say "fans" you mean you, right? I for example don't want some crapy Vice city. You think it is easy to please all the fans? Half of the GTA community loves GTA 4 and the other half hates it. It's a fight with no end. Creators of Batman doesn't have to face billion peoples wishes. GTA games are the most popular games in the world. I haven't seen Batman game being mentioned in any movie or tv show but GTA games are mentioned in a lot of them.

I wan't referring to me, you, or anyone else.

I was talking in general.

GTA games are amazing, but everytime they release a new GTA game, some fan (No, not me) get upset because, for instance,

LCS : Lack of swimming, recruiting members, Toni can't couch.

GTA IV: Too realistic, too slow due to RAGE Engine(i.e. Character movements) & not fun.

I've pointed out the most common things some fans didn't like about the said GTA games, I don't know about the rest, though.

I can see you're not a Batman, fan. And please, Batman wasn't first created as a game, it was a comic, smarta$$.

You can see many TV Shows do parodies of Batman, movies and such.

GTA's the king, but there's no way in hell that you would even compare it with a comic. Games & Comics don't clash.

Besides, I was just pointing out my opinion, now before making any posts, make sure to think and find evidence about my statements instead of yapping how much you love this, and hate that. And Vice City's awesome, it beats GTA IV in so many levels, gameplay/story-wise.

RAGE is a crap engine, full of holes and bugs. Basically, this whole generation of GTA games are a waste thanks to Rage. It can't even load the city properly, huge chunks of the city materialize out of nowhere as I'm driving down the road! I hate RAGE. It's better suited for games like RDR where it doesn't have to load a lot of complex models.

That has to do with your 360's DVD drive.

Look it up. I had the same exact problem.

I believe it was the Hitachi drive. Couldn't even run EFLC.

I bought a second hand 360 and checked the drive first. Problem solved.

I will not be dissapointed. Every GTA i played was awesome and i played almost every game of the series besides Advance and London, so R* never dissapointed me and i know they will not dissapoint me with GTA V. I loved GTA IV so much like GTA SA and GTA V seems to be a mix between the two games.

GTA games are amazing, but everytime they release a new GTA game, some fan (No, not me) get upset because, for instance,

GTA IV: Too realistic, too slow due to RAGE Engine(i.e. Character movements) & not fun.

I've pointed out the most common things some fans didn't like about the said GTA games, I don't know about the rest, though.

I can see you're not a Batman, fan. And please, Batman wasn't first created as a game, it was a comic, smarta$$.

GTA's the king, but there's no way in hell that you would even compare it with a comic. Games & Comics don't clash.

Besides, I was just pointing out my opinion, now before making any posts, make sure to think and find evidence about my statements instead of yapping how much you love this, and hate that. And Vice City's awesome, it beats GTA IV in so many levels, gameplay/story-wise.

I like batman games (Arkham city is my favourite) and batman has a history of movies, comics and stuff but GTA's popularity is built only on game. It's not possible to please all the fans and you should be thankful that there is such game like GTA.

I think you really shouldn't whine about some of the missing things that we CAN live without. I'll give you an example of what exactly do I mean. Mafia 2 has a great story, great visual stuff, cars, people, engine but the main character can't do the most simple thing... jump. And I for once can't live without player with ability to jump over the fences or jump at all. Now that is a thing that you should point out, not like "the guns are shooting 0.5 degrees in the wrong direction".

I don't want to get involved in any arguments but I'll just say this. I did hate some things in GTA IV, especially with the physics engine. But given that it was 4 years ago, I'm confident that Rockstar has learned from some things and fixed it. I have faith in them. Plus, how about we just wait for another trailer or info before we start judging the engine? E3 is coming up soon, they'll most likely have new stuff by then.

Axed

I like batman games (Arkham city is my favourite) and batman has a history of movies, comics and stuff but GTA's popularity is built only on game. It's not possible to please all the fans and you should be thankful that there is such game like GTA.

I think you really shouldn't whine about some of the missing things that we CAN live without. I'll give you an example of what exactly do I mean. Mafia 2 has a great story, great visual stuff, cars, people, engine but the main character can't do the most simple thing... jump. And I for once can't live without player with ability to jump over the fences or jump at all. Now that is a thing that you should point out, not like "the guns are shooting 0.5 degrees in the wrong direction".

I wasn't whining. I was making things clear of what I heard about most fan' complaints.

Then again, Mafia 2 was a good game (just because I like Joe & Henry), but it's gameplay sucked, especially when you drive cars, to hard to lean it, and how cheesy it is to sprint.

And I wasn't saying something accurate like "shooting 0.5 degree.." . Now, it's you who makes things worse here, and no, I'm not complaining, don't turn little things into big ones. Because this sh*t's getting nowhere.

Death2Drugs

Seriously? I really hope I don't see that physics engine the III era games had. I would puke.

The RAGE engine has nothing to do with the direction R* has chosen to take the GTA series. I can almost GUARANTY that GTA V will have so many things to do, that it wont need any over the top childish arcade style gameplay. I'm sure the whiners will still whine though.

thebestgameever

The ragdolls in this and RDR are the best i have ever seen. Having characters actually REACT realistically to bullets, getting hit, punched etc... is the most satisfying thing about the game. If they remove it the game will feel very average.

@Twinfire

People like you run games for many, the driving in that game is one of the best for open world games and not in any way hard, AS LONG as you don't drive like your playing saints row 3. Learning and mastering is apart of any game( not COD) and if you dont like that then why even be a gamer? If you dislike the realistic physics then that is ok but not liking them because you don't want to learn or try to be good at it is ALL your fault.

Edited by thebestgameever

I wasn't whining. I was making things clear of what I heard about most fan' complaints.

Then again, Mafia 2 was a good game (just because I like Joe & Henry), but it's gameplay sucked, especially when you drive cars, to hard to lean it, and how cheesy it is to sprint.

And I wasn't saying something accurate like "shooting 0.5 degree.." . Now, it's you who makes things worse here, and no, I'm not complaining, don't turn little things into big ones. Because this sh*t's getting nowhere.

You're not complaining? biggrin.gif I don't have to point out quotes as you can see most of them above and almost in every single one of them you are whining about stuff that are missing and you would want to have in game. Maybe try to make your own game, you'll have everything you need but I think it will get finished by the year 2020 (if you know what you're doing, if not maybe even more).

I think San Andreas was the best GTA in the series, but that has NOTHING to do with physics. In fact, the RAGE engine would only have made San Andreas that much better. I thought GTAIV was great as well, but i do think it lost some of the over the top elements, as well as the sheer scope of the environment, that made San Andreas so great. None of these things have anything to do with physics or graphics, and blaming the advancements that come with the RAGE engine, for any perceived superiority of earlier games is ridiculous. My opinion that San Andreas is the best GTA ever, is simply an opinion.

SanAndreasII

The ragdolls in this and RDR are the best i have ever seen. Having characters actually REACT realistically to bullets, getting hit, punched etc... is the most satisfying thing about the game.

But it's not realistic at all to have people fly around as if they had no weight. In the real world, if you fall out of a moving car it's blam and you are lying there, maybe you tip over once but you don't keep falling for like 20 seconds, rolling and twisting around. I dislike it because it's unrealistic.

But I'm sure they could tweak the stats somewhat to add some gravity.

Edited by SanAndreasII

Anyone who thinks GTA should lose RAGE needs their f*cking head examined. Even with less features and a smaller map, IV was the best GTA simply because of RAGE's vast superiority over Renderware. The retard above that said VC had better gameplay than IV must be slow in the head. You can't even climb walls in VC, or do a driveby without going into that retarded side-view mode. So many nostalgic idiots on this forum.

The only thing I absolutwly hated in IV was how you would stumble uncontrolably for extended periods of time. Just fall and get it over with or regain your damn balance! Talk about frustrating when a car BARELY taps you, but then you stumble for ten feet into another car and it goes on for even longer. I trust that they will have remedied this though.

wholeheartedly disagree....RAGE brought an extra dimension to the game which wasn't possible in previous GTA's.

If it wasn't for RAGE, we wouldn't have ice enhancer. 'nuff said.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69
The ragdolls in this and RDR are the best i have ever seen. Having characters actually REACT realistically to bullets, getting hit, punched etc... is the most satisfying thing about the game.

But it's not realistic at all to have people fly around as if they had no weight. In the real world, if you fall out of a moving car it's blam and you are lying there, maybe you tip over once but you don't keep falling for like 20 seconds, rolling and twisting around. I dislike it because it's unrealistic.

But I'm sure they could tweak the stats somewhat to add some gravity.

Not even. If you jumped out of a car going 40, you're not going to just "hit the ground and roll once." Are u f*ckin serious? U fell faster when u jumped off a building than in san andreas. The moon gravity thing is bullsh*t. Yea you would stumble an excessive amount but moon gravity? What are you running out of things to hate on 4?

GTA IV was a life simulation and SA wasn't?

Anyway, i totally disagree. The RAGE engine is just awesome.

No GTA was life simulation. No peson on earth can kill that many people and get away with it (or even kill that many people in the first place)

I agree with guys who said GTA IV felt scripted.

I personally think that GTA IV was ''Codized'' alot. Just has 3/4 of the games going out.

I applaud Rockstar for their work with the rage/euphoria engine. But overall, San Andreas was a better game.

I was hoping to see an updated Renderware (e.g. RAGE) in IV, but it disappointed me. It looks like R* did a lot of work on it for V, so hopefully it will be better this time, although I am still quite sceptic about it.

Renderware fun all the way.

Explain how RAGE/Euphoria is "limited" compared to Renderware please....

The whole concept of GTA IV with no countryside, no side missions, inability to turn quickly, inability to die quickly, uber soft suspension on city cars and many other things which I can't recall now was a disappointment to me. I am much more happy playing SA than IV. I sincerely hope V will be as good as SA is, otherwise I am going to be pretty pissed off.

IV tried to be too realistic, and by doing so, failed to be realistic. Yes, we saw nice blood and animation of people dying, but we couldn't get an umbrella and use it. WTF.

So the protag in V should move the way Mario did on the NES?

Maybe it will be ideal for you, but I'd rather have him move like CJ.

Never had any interest in buying the 2 IV addons for PC; but if there were LC Stories and VC Stories available I would definitely get them.

Edited by ˸øåíüêà