I just hope it won't use the RAGE engine

DlZZEE

Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wan't GTA V to use the RAGE engine

• Yes, It's epic
    • No, we don't a life simulation game

Capricornus
I seriously should make a thread detailing the mind of the typical IV hater.

No sir you shall not.

caprisig.jpg

RAGE is a crap engine, full of holes and bugs. Basically, this whole generation of GTA games are a waste thanks to Rage. It can't even load the city properly, huge chunks of the city materialize out of nowhere as I'm driving down the road! I hate RAGE. It's better suited for games like RDR where it doesn't have to load a lot of complex models.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

RAGE is a crap engine, full of holes and bugs. Basically, this whole generation of GTA games are a waste thanks to Rage. It can't even load the city properly, huge chunks of the city materialize out of nowhere as I'm driving down the road! I hate RAGE. It's better suited for games like RDR where it doesn't have to load a lot of complex models.

agred! i hop that gtav has gta1 Graphics, it wus better than all da other gmes., by far

agred! i hop that gtav has gta1 Graphics, it wus better than all da other gmes., by far

That would be retarded. Euphoria was a great addition however, and once you finished the story the only fun thing to do in gta4 was endless run over pedestrians.

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Deji is a coward.

I nominate the OP as suggesting the worst idea ever. Going BACKWARDS towards using less sophisticated graphics and physics is NEVER a good idea. I love all the GTA games, but in all honesty, the older games haven't aged well. Sure, they were pretty groundbreaking at the time, but that was because they were advanced at the time. There was'nt any ragdoll physics to compare to. I respect what the OP is saying about the arcadish "feel" of the older games, but you can still achieve a level of corny atmosphere, without resorting to awful physics. If there is ANY weak point with GTAIV, it's the fact that it took itself TOO seriously. It had nothing to do with the realistic physics, but the lack of the over the top environment that the series is known for.

I nominate the OP as suggesting the worst idea ever. Going BACKWARDS towards using less sophisticated graphics and physics is NEVER a good idea. I love all the GTA games, but in all honesty, the older games haven't aged well. Sure, they were pretty groundbreaking at the time, but that was because they were advanced at the time. There was'nt any ragdoll physics to compare to. I respect what the OP is saying about the arcadish "feel" of the older games, but you can still achieve a level of corny atmosphere, without resorting to awful physics. If there is ANY weak point with GTAIV, it's the fact that it took itself TOO seriously. It had nothing to do with the realistic physics, but the lack of the over the top environment that the series is known for.

Exactly, making a game only realistic won't make the game as a whole, they really should have worked more with the environments, missions and features.

Do you know anything about gaming OR computers? judging by the comment, you don't.

just think about what are you saying. R* took a huge step in GTA gaming with this engine and it was in the starting point with the GTA 4. Think of it as the beta version back then. Now it's 4 years since GTA 4 came out, I think they've improved ALOT of stuff.

Edited by chasez

The problem with gta4 was that they took away the best part about GTA, the open world part. Do anything, how you like it. In GTA4, it's like, oh you wanna kill this guy by sniping him? Sorry you can't you have to follow him in a stupid chase where scripted trucks that don't normally see in gameplay suddenly have logs that tip over, it's bullsh*t. It even makes enemies invincible during chases until a certain point. I hate RAGE for this reason alone.

Deji is a coward.

I'll be honest one of the things I liked about the Euphoria engine was in San Andreas, during the mission "High Noon" and you chase Pulaski around the desert, each chase scene is different. Obviously he is programmed to crash or go off the road at least once but it could go on forever if you didn't shoot, each chase something different happens, not just scripted stuff like trucks carrying logs, I mean that was so obviously scripted. Where did the log come from anyway? Your in a friggin city for crying out loud!

The problem with gta4 was that they took away the best part about GTA, the open world part. Do anything, how you like it. In GTA4, it's like, oh you wanna kill this guy by sniping him? Sorry you can't you have to follow him in a stupid chase where scripted trucks that don't normally see in gameplay suddenly have logs that tip over, it's bullsh*t. It even makes enemies invincible during chases until a certain point. I hate RAGE for this reason alone.

That's just gameplay design, nothing to do with the engine. Also, GTA: SA has plenty of those 'invincible until a certain point' missions.

The RAGE engine has NOTHING to do with what you are talking about. It is the way the developers structured the game missions. Improvements in graphics and physics have nothing to do with how a mission plays out. For someone who claims to be such a fan of GTA, you know very little about the games. Your comments are just one long, never ending, juvenile bitch session about Rockstar.

They just took it to the next level. I'm still playing GTA IV and I can freely say that I can do anything in this game. Missions are missions and they totally sucked in previous GTA games because they didn't have that movie/realism quality, maybe because of the old engine I didn't like them. And I remember some mission being ridiculous in GTA SA too so don't blame it on GTA 4 or the engine.

I like SA more then IV. I rather pop in the SA DVD then IV. SA has more depth then IV, gameplay wise and things to do. In that department SA is more realistic then IV.

IV only looks better and tries to feel more realistic, But in IV gameplay and things to do fall short compared to SA.

My point is that the reality of a game is more than just graphics and physics. And IV focuses heavy on graphics and physics.

But as SA was a huge improvement over III and VC, gameplay and things to do wise, i have high hopes that V will be much improved over IV.

It's not the engine that changed the series. It's this modern gaming worlds emphasis on graphics, realism, and multi-player.

Back in the 6th Gen, Rockstar could make a game like San Andreas and achieve great results, because games like that were in demand. These days, Rockstar must meet the certain demands that the modern gaming industry has.

Personally, I'm like you, I'm not sure if this Realism is a good thing or a bad thing.

Thats what the Saints Row creators had in my mind when they brought out Saints row the Third. Needless to say, the games a piece of sh*t. Realism is still the holy grail even if it is more common nowadays.

When we have virtual reality, as real as it gets, I can't imagine some clown on the forums talking about how he wants a controller based console back and a TV to watch pixels.

Virtual Reality is the end game...As close to that as possible is the industry standard.

SanAndreasII

I can't believe most people actually like physics engines that make games feel like they are set on the moon. If you fall out of a moving car in the real world, you're not going to bump around for 30 seconds as if there's no gravity. I know nothing about computer game physics engines, but that's not realistic. Objects in the real world don't behave like that.

I'm not against simulated physics, but it needs to be way toned down. Everything needs need to be heavier.

Da Perzinga

@Zee What the f*ck is your problem? Why do you hate Rockstar and GTA? Almost every day you write sh*t like this. dozingoff.gif It looks like that you don't know anything about the game like the OP. Your "problem" with the game is not RAGE or Euphoria Engine, it's the game script! GTA IV was the second game from the game manufacturer that used RAGE and Euphoria. That was the beginning. Look at Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Max Payne 3. The engines of these games are improved and look closely at the GTA V Trailer. The animations are smoother and more realistic now. And perhaps the script of GTA V is better too like San Andreas. But we will see when the game will release. So shut up and wait for GTA V! wink.gif

Edited by Da Perzinga

We wait almost seven months for new solid GTA V information. I hope Rockstar brake the silence soon. There are already people which behave like Zee.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Austria.

I can't believe most people actually like physics engines that make games feel like they are set on the moon. If you fall out of a moving car in the real world, you're not going to bump around for 30 seconds as if there's no gravity. I know nothing about computer game physics engines, but that's not realistic. Objects in the real world don't behave like that.

I'm not against simulated physics, but it needs to be way toned down. Everything needs need to be heavier.

Realism and fun are two different things. How boring would it be without all that flying around. That's one of the reasons I don't like previous GTA games. I think R* did take a look at that and came to conclusion that it wasn't fun enough.

@Zee What the f*ck is your problem? Why do you hate Rockstar and GTA? Almost every day you write sh*t like this. dozingoff.gif It looks like that you don't know anything about the game like the OP. Your "problem" with the game is not RAGE or Euphoria Engine, it's the game script! GTA IV was the second from the game manufacturer that used RAGE and Euphoria. That was the beginning. Look at Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Max Payne 3. The engines of these games are improved and look closely at the GTA V Trailer. The animations are smoother and more realistic now. And perhaps the script of GTA V is better too like San Andreas. But we will see when the game will release. So shut up and wait for GTA V! wink.gif

He is a F*CKING retard, who for some reason, has carte blanche to do use this forum as a place to bash Dan Houser on a personal level. He gets a free pass to break forum rules as much as he pleases.

Capricornus

LMFAO. Damn near eveytime Zee posts, the topic turn into a "f*ck his opinion" thread. You have quite some fans Zee.

caprisig.jpg

Remember how 'cheesy' the characters looked like pre-RAGE?

Remember how you were actually playing a 'doll'?

Remember when the graphics themselves looked a tad 'poor'?

Well, R* is trying to sort this mess up by starting from scratch, turning their vacant, poorly-rendered characters and textures to life.

Graphics don't make a game, but in this generation, you either walk to reach the top, or stay still and get back. III-Era was the best, it was much better and funnier than IV. Now, I hope V won't disappoint and stick back to their roots, by adding fun modes, humorous dialogue, better characters, minus a tad bit of realism (No, we don't need to fuel a car or use a toilet, for Arceus' sake), and maybe featuring past protagonists (Claude, Toni, CJ or Niko).

SanAndreasII
Realism and fun are two different things. How boring would it be without all that flying around. That's one of the reasons I don't like previous GTA games. I think R* did take a look at that and came to conclusion that it wasn't fun enough.

The ragdoll thing always annoyed the heck out of me. I guess it's taste. I just don't think everything should bump around like there's no gravity. It's not just GTA, many modern games seem to think that now that they have physics engines they should eliminate gravity.

Well, R* is trying to sort this mess up by starting from scratch, turning their vacant, poorly-rendered characters and textures to life.

Graphics don't make a game, but in this generation, you either walk to reach the top, or stay still and get back. III-Era was the best, it was much better and funnier than IV. Now, I hope V won't disappoint and stick back to their roots, by adding fun modes, humorous dialogue, better characters, minus a tad bit of realism (No, we don't need to fuel a car or use a toilet, for Arceus' sake), and maybe featuring past protagonists (Claude, Toni, CJ or Niko).

I agree completely. The Ballad of Gay Tony had the worst main character of a GTA game yet.

Deji is a coward.

This, indeed, makes no sense - GTA V is using the RAGE engine, isn't that obvious? sigh.gif

I agree completely. The Ballad of Gay Tony had the worst main character of a GTA game yet.

Oh yeah, like the lost gang member of the ''shrek'' gang trying to make a comeback was a better character. Make them all white and you're playing GTA: The Godfather. I'm talking about the San andreas if you didn't get the hints.

Someone's a Pokémon fan. monocle.gif

This is just another "GTA IV hate" Thread. Thank god R* don't listen to their fans, because if they would the series would be already f*cked up and I don't want another PS2 GTA game.

Ispintechno

I love the ragdoll in GTAIV. I would just push people around and knock their coffee out of their hands. Also made skydiving with no parachute very entertaining. If that was less realistic an anvil would come out instead as nobody would do it, so all the realism nay-sayers the realism isn't set too high for GTA, its perfect IMO.

In 4 years the tweaks and performance gains is going to be awesome. Be hard to play GTAIV again, or at least for a very long time after we get our hands on this. Look at the steady evolution of the engine powers for R* games. It's awesome we aren't dealing with a new gen console or we would be maybe looking at a re-hash of GTAIV.